Rob's Halfway House #11

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Edwards Ragazza
Officially Bitten!

Re: Rob's Halfway House #11

Post by Edwards Ragazza »

Was it this slow even way before the holidays? I miss how this place use to be hopping. I knew it was bound to happen but just didn't want to believe it :cry: . I thought it would be busy for the final movie.

Marielle~ Corner homes are always nice cause you almost always get a bigger yard, which is perfect for having bbqs. I love gray in homes.

Sean~ Did you finally get BD1 on dvd? I can't remember.

Sarah~Glad to hear you got your phone back.

This was just a quick drive by before I pick up my son from school.
Banner by TammyAZ
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

Morning all!

Sarah just posted a link on FB that confirms that the longer version of BD Pt 1 will be on the three disc version of the BD Pt 2 DVD and on the two disc version of the blu ray. Now that makes more sense. I will buy it as part of a set with other extras. I'm fine with that. Although, if they're doing that, why release it separately a month before the DVD release? I'm not going to mention what I think is the reason for that. :|

There are still fires all over the country. We have some in Queensland now, too, but none near us, even though we could smell smoke last night. The fires in Tasmania have settled and the fires in New South Wales are coming under control. No loss of life reported yet, as far as I know.

marielle - I'm glad your first day back at work went okay. Yes, your friend's picked a heck of a time to back pack across Australia, especially if she's going right through the middle of the country!

Sean - yes, it is obscene, but I will be buying the multi-disc version of BD Pt 2 anyway, so I guess I will get it then.

Sarah - I'm glad you got your phone back, especially since that means they got the guy who swiped it. Hopefully they found a lot of other stolen merchandise on him!

Desiree - you think this is slow? I was so happy this morning when I saw how many different people had been posting. For most of the holidays it's been me, Sean and Sarah and occasionally someone else.
TammyAZ
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by TammyAZ »

**looks around sheepishly**

Hello ladies and gents, I know its been a while and I promised in my last post to be around more often, but my life was kinda turned upside down in the middle of Nevember. My mother passed away after a prolonged hospital stay. I won't get into all of the details, but I will tell you that we (my siblings and I) are pursuing legal action against the hospitals and acute care centers where she was treated. A wonder, beautiful woman was taken from us because of their neglect and mistakes and we won't rest until someone is held accountable for this tragedy....

It will take me a few hours at least to catch up on everything that has been going on here, and I fully intend to become a more active participant once again!! I have my computer hooked back up (I've been doing everything on my Kindle) which means I will be willing and available to make banners and wallpaper again :) Just let me know what you want and I can whip something up. I'll be a little rusty, but I'm sure it will come back to me quickly :blush:

I need to go for now, gotta cook dinner for the masses, but I will be back soon!!!

Hugs and love to you all and here's hoping that this new year will be a damn sight better than the last.....

"You will always be the most beautiful thing in my world" ~~Edward Cullen
Banner by me :)
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

Desiree: I do have BD1 on DVD, but I haven't gotten it all watched yet. Maybe later tonight I'll finish it and maybe write my own review of it if anyone wants to read it.

Everyone: Right now, I'm not 100% content. My back's a bit screwed up from standing so much at work--I'm really hoping that I can do less shredding at work soon. I'm also not feeling good, and I'm gonna get some rest soon before I get up later and write fan fic and play some VGs. That's what usually fixes most issues with me.

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Tammy - I'm so sorry to hear about your loss, especially in difficult circumstances like that. I hope it gets sorted out soon.
smitten_by_twilight
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by smitten_by_twilight »

*deep backbone-stiffening breath as I try to man up*

Hello to all! I am so sorry I have been so gone for so long - I miss everyone dreadfully, and the posting back and forth. FB is quicker and easier, but we really keep up with each other's lives better here ... although I suppose, realistically, I should post this both places.

Yes, naturally, RL smacked me upside the head again. I had posted previously about starting marital counseling, and that was hard to get off the ground with everyone's schedules, but we worked hard at it. (I'm still working around 45 hours or more per week with a hellacious commute.) But things continued to fall apart, not so much for us as a couple, as for me as an individual. I found myself more and more anxious, and doing less and less, and concentrating worse. About a week and a half ago I had an experience at work that, over the course of a couple of days, made me realize just what was going on for me. Like a lot of other people I have a bit of trauma in my background ... dad was not exactly easy to live with. I have been in counseling in the past, but not to address that. I swept it under the rug, so to speak, and got along fine with that for a long time. But for probably a variety of reasons my mind has selected now as THE time to get all emotional about it. So I went to my manager and got pulled off the intense clinical work, what y'all would think of as group therapy, and got myself reassigned to assessments only, which are emotionally easier for me right now. And I'm in individual therapy, and dropped marital therapy for now; hubs and I will continue separately, with the goal of revisiting marital counseling when I am in a better spot.

How this impacts my posting: well, my concentration is poor. So it is taking me longer to do lots of things. And my anxiety level is up, and sometimes being on this site makes me feel like I am neglecting my family, which is me being neurotic. And I'm more depressed, which makes me want to hide from the world. Understand: I'm not nonfunctional. I'm still showering, working, feeding the fam and supervising homework. I'm just ... less energetic and enthusiastic than I was. But, like I told my therapist, it's not that I don't have the skills to get through this. I teach this stuff. I just need to apply it to myself, and need to engage in some self-care. I've been eating horribly for days, and ate better today on purpose, and already I physically feel a little better. I will work on it. I think the basic functioning will improve rapidly ... but I suspect the therapy may take a little while ;)

So please forgive my utter lameness and avoidance. I will remember that my HH siblings always help me and never bring me down, and come back as often as I can manage while still getting some sleep.

Tammy - I am very, very sorry for your loss. It's especially hard to lose loved ones around the holidays. I hope that you and everyone can feel that she would want to love and enjoy each other, even if she can't be there. I will think about replacing my banner with something new ... my current is made-by-me and not wonderful for my art, but OUTSTANDING for the human art form it includes ... it would have to be a pretty amazing banner to replace it in my mind! Although my avie can definitely be improved on. Do you do avies?

Lynne - I have been so excited to keep up with your book news. I am strongly considering selling my BD1 Blue-ray to the local used bookstore now, while it has some value, in preparation to buy the combined set. Will it come out this year, do you think?

Sean - Can you shred at work while sitting down? Maybe on a high stool?

Sarah - Thank goodness you got your phone back! My entire life is on mine - literally, not the people obviously, but my entire calendar, contacts, alarm clock ... I couldn't get through a day without it.

Hello to everyone else - I only read back a tiny bit - I wanted to make sure I posted! Now it's off to finish up the dishes!
My FanFiction Page ~ Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery
Proud Halfway House Cousin Sister! - Team Alice Celebrity Chef - Seeing the future since 1901
older_twilight_fan
Lusting for Blood
Location: Somewhere in Louisiana, praying that Summit won't "fade to black" in Breaking Dawn

Post by older_twilight_fan »

Hello everyone~

Hope all of you are well. The kids returned to school today and I'm back to my regular work schedule, so here's hoping I'll get back to a more normal posting schedule, as well.

Sean~ We'd love to hear your thoughts on BD Part 1 if you have a chance to post them. We're supposed to have some freakishly warm weather here this weekend too (71 degrees Saturday :shock: ), along with storms.

Tammy~ It's good to hear from you again. You made so many of our lovely banners, mine included. I'm so very sorry for your loss, and please know that our prayers and thoughts are with you and your family. I hope you're able to find some answers, as well as peace, comfort, and closure in the midst of all this.

Lynne~ I'm with you.....I'm fine with obtaining the BD Part 1 deleted scenes as part of the BD 2 DVD and extras I'd purchase anyway, but I'm most definitely not purchasing another copy of BD Part 1 just to see eight minutes of footage. So stick that in your pipe and smoke it, Summit! :rant: How are your edits for The Crown coming along? I'm so sorry about the terrible fires in your country, and am glad to hear they aren't anywhere close to you. I hope you and LittleMan had fun at the amusement park and am sorry you returned with the headache. When do you think you'll hear back from the school libraries about The Heir? We're sending positive vibes and good thoughts your way....thanks for keeping us posted.

Susie~ I'm glad you had a nice and relaxing time over the New Year's holiday too. I hope it wasn't too difficult to start back to work this week. Will you also be teaching your usual evening class on Tuesdays? SonnyBoy's choir trip sounds amazing, and I always remember high school and college choir trips being so special. Being hosted in people's homes was usually one of the more fun and interesting aspects of the trip. Your tree looks quite lovely, and I'd leave it up an extra week too, if I were you. Our poor naked tree is still sitting in the den, just waiting for hubs to carry it outside. I put on all the lights, took off all the lights and removed every ornament, so the least he can do is carry the darn thing outside. :roll: I completely forgot to set my DVR to record Downton Abbey Sunday, and could have kicked myself. I'm thinking I may just wait until the season is finished and rent or borrow the DVD for the third season. That's how I watched the first two seasons.....on a sort of Downton Abbey marathon over a couple of days, and became hopelessly addicted.

Desiree~ Hi there! As Lynne mentioned, the board actually isn't very slow. It was a pretty busy place in November with the release of BD Part 2, but the holidays always seem to take most of us "regulars" out of our normal posting schedules for awhile. That's such a bummer about your daughter's bed breaking. I don't guess it's under any sort of warranty, or could you contact the store where you purchased it about the rather shoddy manufacturing you mentioned?

Amanda Beth~ Congrats on your new job! Social Media Manager sounds like a fun and interesting job title, and I'd love to hear more about your job description.

Jaclyn~ It sounds like you and hubs had a fun and festive time celebrating with family and friends over the holidays, and made the most of it. I'd expect nothing less from you. :D I'm sure your parents enjoyed your Italian Feast very much. The Dirty Dancing musical sounds like it would be a blast to watch. Do you know if the songs are the same songs heard in the movie version? I'm certain the dancing is even more amazing to watch in person than on the big screen.

Marielle~ I'm glad to hear your first day back at work went smoothly, and I'm sure your boss did miss you while you were gone. It sounds like you and your bf have gotten a great start on getting settled in, painting, decorating, etc. That's good news that your curtains fit windows in the new house, and saved you at least a little bit of expense. I'm going to wait around for the BD Part 2 DVD too. I can't justify forking over the money for a DVD I already own, just to see eight minutes of extended or deleted scenes that will probably show up somewhere on the internet, anyway. :roll:

Sarah~ I'm so glad you were able to retrieve your phone and am sorry it was stolen in the first place. You must have been furious. I had two credit cards stolen from my wallet at work many years ago, and the idiots had already charged about $3500.00 before I even realized the cards were missing. And this was in the days before internet shopping. Congrats to you and hubs on your Seahawks. The Tennessee Titans were terrible this year, and I'm completely "over" pro football. But my Vanderbilt Commodores won nine games for the first time in a billion years, and ended the season ranked #23 in the A.P. poll, which is a major step for them. :clap: Hope you're feeling better and not too bothered by your cold symptoms.

Songbird~ I'm sure your in-laws didn't mind what shape your house was in during their visit. They know how much effort you put into cooking, baking, and spending time with and caring for your children, and that's probably all that matters to them. Cut yourself a little slack, and send some homemade cinnamon rolls our way, please. :lol:

Lulu~ We'll keep you and your family in our prayers, especially on February 11th. My daughter's birthday is Feb. 4th and mine is Feb. 6th, so maybe those are good omens. ;) I finally had the chance to watch your family Christmas video on Facebook and loved it....you guys are so adorable and it seemed like you all had a blast making the video. :D
Banner by TammyAZ
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Brenda - I'm so sorry to hear about what you're going through :hug: I do hope you can get through it okay. I must confess I did have a moment of worry when I read all your symptoms: poor concentration, raised anxiety level, neurotic feelings, depression, lethargy ... and I've got all of them! I'm not sure exactly what that means. I'm not sure when the DVD is being released.

Tracy - the edits are going okay. I think I've worked the beginning out. That was the biggest problem. I just hope I've done enough to please my publisher. I'm going through the rest of it now and it is feeling a bit like a chore, which worries me. I don't want to lose enthusiasm, but rewrites are so tedious and demoralising, especially when I thought it was just fine as it was. I don't know when I'll hear back from the school libraries, but I'll let you know when I do.
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

Good morning everybody!!!

Pffff… this is going to be a terrible week. I thought I would be able to do a lot at home and work but getting back on schedule is tougher than I thought… I’m exhausted at the end of the day…
I hope this weekend I’ll get a lot done and have parts of the house ready.

There isn’t much Rob news at the moment. I guess he is busy with the pre-production of the Rover movie…You know how I hate papz pics but I hope they manage to get a few set pics for us to keep us going… I hope they will release that add soon...

Sean, I think they will do a normal dvd release for BD 2 and than by the beginning of the summer or maybe even after the summer for the holidays a extended edition box set for both movies… I wouldn’t mind buying them if they were really extended editions like LoTR or even the Blu-ray extended version of Kingdom of heaven… those at least were almost twice as long… they were really extended… not the cheap 8 minutes…

Sarah, it wasn’t a big announcement…The news had leaked two days before. So it didn’t really came as a surprise…
Wow, I’m happy the police caught the people who robed your work… here in Holland you would be lucky if the police showed up at all… small violence free robberies aren’t priority for the cops here…

Desiree, here in Holland we don’t to bbq-ing much… only when the weather is really nice and that only happens a few days a year… however I am planning a garden overhaul and make a stone fire pit in the middle… I want to make one that can carry a tray to bbq on…

Lynne, my friend flew to Australia in October and she is planning on staying till June… Her family will fly there next month to stay for a few weeks…they are flying to Perth… her boyfriend is there now and I thought that this week he will be flying back from Melbourne. So She has 3 weeks to get from Melbourne to Perth in her little car…I just hope the fires will stay away from her.

Tammy!!! Our lovely creative lady is back!!!! I’m really sorry about your mother…I hope you’ll be able to give it a place in the future. I’m sorry about the issues with the hospital… it happened to me as well, I was luckily that my mom followed her gut feeling and threw a temper tantrum there until they properly took care of me…I hope that if you take legal actions it will give you what you seek…

Brenda, I’m sorry about your issues… I honestly think everybody has a trauma in the past. Either a little thing or something terrible but it will effect us in our ways no matter what. I guess it’s what shaped you and made you who you are… and you have to start liking who you are before you can give the past a place… I had a counselor when I was in the hospital, she said to me, “You have to let go of the past, that girl isn’t the woman that you are now. Now you are an improved and wiser person. You can’t constantly go back to reconnect with something that isn’t there anymore. You have to let go. Only than you can make plans for the future.” She told me everything is a choice. When you are young, almost every choice isn’t yours but now you are an adult you have to make your own choices and live with the results…it’s never easy… it wasn’t for me but I could see the truth in her words.

Tracy, that were my thoughts exactly. I just don’t have the money for it right now and the minutes will show up on the web anyway…
It just don’t feel like we have done a lot… I mean we still live in a mess. Things need to be put together… I still need to paint a few walls…I feel terribly laze in the evenings when I’m doing nothing but I’m just too tired to do anything after being busy in the afternoon…

Okay, that’s it for today… 3 more days without internet connection at home… after that I’ll be happy again!!!

See you all tomorrow…
:wave:
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

I've not had the best of mornings so far. I might have to part with as much as $110 unless the water pump at my house can be fixed--and that's even better than I feared they would cost. That, and I haven't been feeling good. I'll probably finish looking up some stuff on here before I read and take a nap. After that, I'll probably get up, play some WWII stuff, and the start on Chapter four of my fan fic, which this one, as I've said, will be interesting because of who is narrating it and some of the stuff that happens. And I do promise, since she's not a Twilight canon character, that I'll give you some info about her after I start so you can get a picture of what's going on, hopefully without giving away too many spoilers.

Brenda: Sorry that things for you are kinda crap right now. I sort of went though the same thing last winter where it felt like nothing was going right. As for the office stuff, I have to stand when I shred paper, because of where it's located and the fact that filing cabinets are right next to it, and the fact that I have to run across the room to answer the phone. I did talk to my boss about this yesterday, and she understands what's going on, and she hopes that things will slow down and she can find other work for me to do.

Tracy: Now they're saying over 60 on Saturday for where I live. I'll just be glad because we don't have to burn the stove at night and we can save on wood and I don't have to split as much.

Tammy: Sorry about your mom. I lost my grandma over Thanksgiving and that, along with family infighting, bothered me for a while. I hope that you're getting along OK.

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/