Rob's Halfway House #11

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Edwards Ragazza
Officially Bitten!

Re: Rob's Halfway House #11

Post by Edwards Ragazza »

My son just played his first game ever in soccer and he only has ever practiced once. I will tell you more about it in tonights post.

Tammy~ I love the picture that you did. Was that a program you used if so which one? Love the second one too!

Sarah~ I have the Collector’s Hardback edition. The original covers in paper back and Twilight, Eclipse and BD movie tie in. On the movie tie in I got the ones that focused on E&B of course.

Susie~ I never heard of that movie. I will have to rent it when it comes out. That must be hard having both of your kids in different countries. Is Sonny Boy steal doing that stuff like Cirque So Le ( I think I spelled that wrong)

Lynne~ I will keep my fingers crossed for you that you sell way beyond 1000.

AmandaBeth~ Are you from LA? Having opposites schedules is very hard, you two just got to try even harder to see each other and appreciate the time that you do get and make the most of it.

Susan~ I wish our activities were that cheap. Everything always seems like a $100 or more. I think they know parents will pay to keep their kids busy and have the socialization. Frustrating cause I so need to get a job once the kiddos are both in school full time to pay for their activities.

Amy~ It’s nice to see you here. I hope you can come back when you have time.

Sean~How many fan fics have you written so far?

Will try to come back tonight.
Banner by TammyAZ
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Desiree: I've written a few, but most aren't published. Two are complete, but are in the process of being beta'd. Right now, I'm writing Bio-Booster Armor Twilight just for fun. It's a story that can stand alone; it will help to understand some events once you read the other stories, but it's not a requirement, since such event's are refereed to in some detail. But it's mostly a fun, comedy/sci-fi/fantasy story with some action elements that features Twilight Saga, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver and original characters. As I mentioned, just a fun story that I think once I get it published you'd all probably like.

Everyone: As Beth has pointed out at the FB page, BD1 will be on Showtime at 8:00 tonight, and they'll probably re-air fairly often over the next few days. So in case you didn't want to dig out your BD1 DVD--or have worn it out--you can now DVR it on Showtime if you get it on cable or satellite.

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

Well, I'm grumpy. I have just discovered that the Golden Globes are not on free to air TV in Australia tonight. They usually are. RATS! Anyone want to tape Rob's bit and post it for me?

I'm taking Little Man to a place called Whitewater World today. It's a water theme park. It would have been better yesterday, as the hot weather seems to have broken at last ... for the moment.

Desiree - thanks hon.
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

I'm set up like yesterday--I have some fruit juice, will be getting coffee soon, and I have the fan fic chapter up that I'm working on. Gotta write now, or else I lose the spark to and I have to wait until Tues night/Wed to write again due to work. When I'm done, I'll be getting some dinner, playing on the PS2 and going to bed early, so I can start a fire early this morning, since it's supposed to get pretty cold tonight. I also might pick up some turkey breasts tomorrow, too. Good to make possibly when I have a day at work, or whenever I just wanna make something that I can set and sort of forget.

Lynne: I usually don't watch award shows, even if Kristen and/or Rob show up. I just look at the photos afterwards, but that's me. Too bad that the GG's isn't gonna be broadcast in Oz aside from internet streaming. And at least the theme park you and your son went to wasn't called Waterworld--don't even ask me about the film of the same name, let alone a video game based on the film. The name of that part just remanded me of Waterworld.

Well, I'm off to write :)

Fan fic update: Right now, my stomach takes precedent over fan fic writing. I'm gonna make me a snack to eat while I watch a video on You Tube. Then I'll be back to my fan fic. I'm really on to something--I'll be finishing up an antagonist's first confrontation with the character who's narrating this chapter, and I'll start on her meeting with an OC--and the antagonist on her way there, and then it's on to the suspicions about Bella's vampire state. Some pretty good twist will happen here, and some pretty good humor is on it's way.

Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Desiree- is there anything special about the collectors editions? I see them around occasionally and can never figure it out! I'm loving my pocket paperbacks so I can read in the tub!

Lynne- that sounds like so much fun :)

Quiet day here..hit the Christian bookstore and craft store today and now I'm curled up watching the Golden Globes after cooking dinner :)

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

We're back from our day out. Unfortunately, after a heatwave lasting six days, today it got cloudy and rainy! But we still had fun, although we did come home a bit early because we were cold.

I managed to see Rob's 30 odd seconds' appearance on the GGs. I love the internet!
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

Good morning everybody…

Well yesterday was Gucci Heaven
Sadly I didn’t see anything and I’m not very hopeful I’ll be able to watch a rerun at E! today… yes you guessed it… still no signal from the cable company…Apparently during the two weeks it takes them to arrange all the systems to our new address nobody there checks if there is even a connection to the system…bloody bastards…

I saw pictures of KStew traveling from NY to LA but Rob wasn’t with her. I haven’t seen pics of him on an airport but it was confirmed that they were both in England for Christmas and in NY for the new year or shortly after… I wonder why KStew stayed behind in NY… it is rumored that she is going to try Broadway…

Anyway, posts…

Amanda, I’m sure that traffic in LA is killing… I couldn’t imagine having that kind of traffic here… here it takes 2 hours to get at the other side of the country! I couldn’t imagine don’t that in a traffic jam…

Lynne, I sure hope that it’s not only Volturi scenes that they are showing on the extra dvd… I know there was a list somewhere with the extended scenes but I can’t remember what they were… I know for sure that the last scenes is extended… for a long time there has been talks about Alice’s vision about Renesmee taking a lot longer…Maybe we’ll get a hint to what SM is up too next…

Susan, I don’t think the dvd player has a code… though it’s the newer one it’s still 7 years old already… one of the first that were capable to record as well.
I’m not able to go and see Pitch Perfect. It’s only playing in Enschede and I’m not planning on going there in the next two weeks..

Hey Amy!!! You better come back quickly!!

Desiree, how was your son’s first match? How old is he? Here in Holland the kids play their first match on the age of 6… before that it’s just playing around and learning how to kick a ball…

Alright I’ve got lots to do and a manager that will be one barrel of stress for the next two days… so I’m off…
See you all later…
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

Well, it's back to reality for me--overnight the temps dropped by over 30 degrees and it's cold and cloudy again. At least I got a lot done with my fan fic this weekend--I'm only half way done with my current chapter, but it's a long chapter, too. If anyone wants to know more about this chapter or the story in general, please PM me or if there's enough demand I'll post a detailed synopsis.

And then there's Rob at the GG's. I didn't watch (I dislike watching award shows, no matter who is there. I just watch video clips and check out photos later), but Rob did rock that tux, at the risk of either sounding that I'm not right in the head or putting my heterosexuality in question--I don't care either way, praise is due where it's due.

Other than cracking my head on the bottom of my little brother's bed when I tried to get up this morning, I'm fine. I have fire going, and I'll be making a trip to Meijers today to get 1-2 turkey breasts, and some Bird's Eye stir fry stuff. I think that I'll be pretty much set for the month as far as groceries go.

Suzan
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Suzan »

Hey everyone!
Just because I can:
Edit: He, why is my pic not showing up? I've resized it to faaaaar within the margins and it works in the preview... Oh well, here's the link in case you can't see it.
Edit 2: And now it works again... Never mind me. LOL

It feels like forever since I made a real post here. In two weeks I’m supposed to have finished my internship, so I’m just very busy getting everything ready. Plus there are so many people dropping by here right now that it makes it hard to keep up. I love all the activity though! Welcome back to everyone who hasn’t been here in a while!!

I think I’ll just go back five pages or so and see how far I get with responses…

Desiree – Great to see you here! Sadly, yes, it has been a little quiet at The Lex lately. Most people have crossed over to the facebook page. But the last week has been a bit busier so who knows, maybe we’ll get back in the swing of things. Just keep posting! :) I’m not one to talk though. I haven’t been here very regularly either. And I don’t even have kids. I applaud anyone who finds the time to post even a drive-by while taking care of their children!

Lynne – I don’t remember if I congratulated you on the publication date of your novel, but in case I didn’t: congratulations! Did you ever hear back from those school libraries? Good luck editing the second novel. I heard about the extreme heat and the forest fires in Australia. Do you live close to that area? I hope you’re coping with the heat alright.

Tammy – Welcome back! I’m so sorry about your mother. I hope everything with the hospital will turn out alright and I hope you can find some closure. Hugs! Lovely wallpapers as always. I especially love the penciled one. Rob did four new photoshoots last year, maybe you’ll get some more inspiration from those.

Brenda – I’m so glad to see you back! It sounds like you could really use a friendly distraction right now. We’re all here for you and I hope the therapy will help you a lot.

Marielle – I hope you’re doing better with your work schedule this week. Getting started again after a holiday is always difficult. Especially for you after you’ve just moved. How is the new commute to work going? I have to admit that my first week back wasn’t as productive as I would have liked as well. I hope you get your tv and internet connection figured out soon. My parents just switched cable companies and now they don’t get E! anymore. And at my student room I only get standard analoge tv. That’s like ancient! ;)
About Kristen: I heard she met up with Rob at one of the Globes after parties though. Broadway? Hmm, interesting… I read Ben Affleck just dropped out of that comedy he was supposed to do with Kristen in April. I hope they find another great actor to do it, because it’s not looking very good for Kristen’s future projects from what I’m picking up. I hope she has a lot of deals lining up for her that we just don’t know about. I’d hate for her to lose her career because of the “Twilight-girl” thing.

Susan – Did you start rehearsals for your choir with the new director already? I hope he/she is better than your last one. How did the Thirtyone Gifts party go? Congratulations on your cake-prize! Did you know there’s a cake competition through facebook? It’s called the Jamin Cupcake Cup. One of the people working at my internship place is participating. I’ll try to link it for you when I get to fb.

Amanda – Welcome back! And congratulations on your new job! What kind of work do you do? I hope you’re enjoying it. Good luck meeting up with New Boy. That sounds like quite the task. You’d be at the other side of the country if you drove that long over here.

Susie – Love the pic you posted for HumpDay last week! You’re writing a whole memoir? I thought you were only writing about the Lexicon travel. What else is going to be in there? I’m intrigued… ;)

So sorry to those I didn’t get to. But I loved reading up on all your posts!

Any news on The Rover? Wasn’t Rob supposed to have started filming? Yet, he was in LA for the Golden Globes. (Thanks, GucciRob!) Do you think they’ve postponed filming because of the heat wave? Yeh for NinjaRob over the holidays btw! I’m glad he could escape the craziness for a while.

I haven’t seen much talk about the PCA’s over here. Anyone know what the deal with that was? I’ve watched some clips from the show (Yeh Big Bang Theory!) and checked the list of nominees, but it seems like the only nod Twilight got was a nom-and-win for best fandom. While I wholly agree with that one (cough Lex cough HH cough), why are there absolutely NO other nominations?? It seems like BD2 was released after the nominations were already decided, but doesn’t that mean that BD1 should have been in the running? But of course The Hunger Games had to take away the prizes. I’m really sorry, I’m sure it’s a good movie/book, but I hate them for taking away our last bit of Twilight celebration. It’s the MTV MA all over again!

Anyways, got to run. See you next time! :wave:
FF profile: Suzqnv5689
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Morning all!

I have quiet day today with a bit of grocery shopping planned, as well as a haircut for my son and some ice cream!

marielle - I'm sure there will be some other scenes. I do think we've seen the only Bella and Edward loving scene, though.

Sean - ouch!

Suzan - thanks for your congratulations. No, we haven't heard yet and I don't know when we will. I'll let you know when we do. I'm not too close to any fires, no. We've smelled a bit of smoke, but the nearest fire is quite some miles away.