Gen Y --The 20 something's thread

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Re: Gen Y --The 20 something's thread

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Don't worry we all do it sometimes :)

Sarah Dessen has like 10 books so hmm..I would probably start with Someone Like You or This Lullaby :)

Yeah, I think HG has set the standard for me in comparison to other books but now that Ai think about it Enders Game is loosely dystopian/science fiction.

Any American actors you like? :)

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Kat_Mac
Learning to Love Green

Post by Kat_Mac »

Yeah I guess so! Or we wouldn't have joined a forum dedicated to a book series lol

Cool I'll look into them :)

I haven't read Enders Game, what's it about? HG is a very high standard to meet!

After seeing The Avengers I've had a thing for Chris Hemsworth but now I think about it he's not even American! :lol: Johnny Depp will always hold a special place in my heart, haha.

TwilightFan87

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Enders Game is about a gifted child named Andrew 'Ender' Wiggins who is sent to space school at the age of six..to train against a possible alien attack. It's more of a psychological story than anything else.

Yes Chris is from Australia I think :) he and his brother are cute!! And Johnny Depp is kinda quirky but he's pretty cool. I was never into Pirates of the Carribean though..not my thing.

TwilightFan87

Post by TwilightFan87 »

http://extreme.mobile.msn.com/entertain ... -me/789597

I found this article about Sam Clafin I thought you ladies would enjoy!

Kat_Mac
Learning to Love Green

Post by Kat_Mac »

That sounds pretty serious! I can't' honestly say I've ever read anything about aliens (with the exception of The Host, but that still doesn't really feel like an alien story to me).

They are! Good gene pool in that family :lol: I loved the Pirates film, more for the dialogue than the plot though. I found the script pretty funny, but the story was a bit hole-y.

I enjoyed the article! Bromance with Josh :lol: Sounds like he did most of his own stunts, too.
TwilightFan87

Post by TwilightFan87 »

It's really more about the fight against that alien race than about actual aliens :) the movie comes out in November. I read about the Host and I'm not sure I'll read it. Good for her to be successful but it's not my thing.

I've heard that as well about Pirates :) I love Orlando Bloom but I've never watched them.

I'm excited to see Sam as Finnick..talk about pressure!!

TwilightFan87

Post by TwilightFan87 »

It's really more about the fight against that alien race than about actual aliens :) the movie comes out in November. I read about the Host and I'm not sure I'll read it. Good for her to be successful but it's not my thing.

I've heard that as well about Pirates :) I love Orlando Bloom but I've never watched them.

I'm excited to see Sam as Finnick..talk about pressure!!

Kat_Mac
Learning to Love Green

Post by Kat_Mac »

Oh cool! There seems to be a lot of book-to-movie adaptations this year. I enjoyed The Host, but it was no Twilight. I'm skeptical about the film as I can't remember all of the details from the book, but the cast is nothing like I'd imagined. I'll see it anyway though no doubt!

I haven't seen Orlando Bloom in anything other than Pirates, but I appreciated him in that! :lol:

Me too. I'd be avoiding the internet altogether if I were him with the uproar (good and bad) about his casting!

How was your weekend?
TwilightFan87

Post by TwilightFan87 »

I'm rather picky with what I see in the theater- we hardly ever go- so I'm not sure. Some authors you only like certain stuff that they write :)

There's a quirky movie called Elizabethtown Orlando was in which was pretty good :)

Imagine the pressure for poor Sam..Finnick is supposed to be a perfect guy..pressure packed!!

My weekend was good- I worked Saturday but Jason and I spent Sunday at home relaxing and straightening. I'm so glad football season is over!

Kat_Mac
Learning to Love Green

Post by Kat_Mac »

That's fair enough! I'm a big cinema fan, I just don't seem to wind up going as much as I'd like.

I think I've heard of that! I know I haven't seen it though. Exactly, playing someone who is supposed to be so beautiful has to put a massive insecurity issue on a person! Without having to think about acting out a character so loved haha

Did you finally get what you wanted to done on your house then? Ha, I'll bet! Sports seasons are only good when they're not in. :lol: