Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Suzan
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Re: Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Post by Suzan »

Hey everyone!
Finally getting back to the one-and-only official Halfway House! It seems like ages ago since I last posted here. I’ll go back a page or two for replies today and then hopefully I can get back into a rhythm…

Lynne – Glad you’re having a nice weekend. Things have been pretty relaxed here as well. What’s Dreamworld? Some sort of theme park I’m assuming?

Lynne and Marielle – I hate to disappoint you guys (and myself, because there’s nothing I’d want more than a pretty, hardcover, complete edition of that book for my collection), but judging from this interview posted on The Lex blog, SM is completely done with Twilight. I got the impression from all the Host-promo that she just doesn’t care anymore for the story or the characters. It makes me kind of sad, but I can’t really blame her, being in the middle of it all for so long. :(

Marielle – I’ve just read the Dior-rumors on Robsessed. Phew, I think I’m :swoon: -ing just imagining it. But honestly, I’ll need to see it before I believe it. It sounds a bit too crazy. What’s the point in making ads that are so risqué that no country (especially the US) would allow them on tv? But I’m keeping my fingers crossed for it all to be true…

Sarah – Of course you can listen to the THG soundtrack without finding the movie very cheerful. I haven’t really gotten into the THG hype (yet), but there are some great songs on the soundtrack. I’ve been obsessed with the Civil Wars ever since I heard their song for THG. And actually, soundtracks are my preferred choice of music when I’m working. You should try the Amelie soundtrack. I’ve never seen the movie, but the music is beautiful. I play it all the time when I’m studying.

Sean – Sorry you’ve been feeling a bit more down lately. Why would you have to leave your current job?

I think I also saw Susan, Susie and Tracy around here when I was lurking yesterday. Hey! And everyone else I missed :wave: Sorry, I can’t go back further for replies right now. Gotta go get some sleep. Bye!
*fingers crossed I can keep up this time*
FF profile: Suzqnv5689
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

I've had a much better day today.

I got it started a little later than I wanted, but I got a lot done--some stuff on the PS2, finally watched the episodes of Hitler's Bodyguard (a WWII history show--and one that showed that Adolf Hitler was flat out lucky on his part to have survived so long, let alone some of his bodyguard elements, which were often nothing special as far as protection) that were on my brother's DVR since July, actually, and I'm looking forward to having some fried chicken and maybe working on fan fic after I finish looking up a few things, or maybe tomorrow afternoon I might work on it.

Nonetheless, I'm just a lot better off than I was yesterday. I also have to get to posting in the writers' forum at TL about my story since I've gotten a lot done with it overall (though not recently).

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

Suzan - I saw that interview, and as I read it, it says she's happy not to do any Twilight now, but she might go back to it sometime. I've heard other interviews with her during The Host promotions (many of them live interviews) and she has given the impression that she's not writing Twilight at the moment, but some time she might go back to it. It's really no different from what she's been saying all along. We'll just have to hope that Edward gets a hold on her within a few years or so and insists she write the rest of his story.

I've also just put together a new trailer for The Heir. Check it out here.
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

I have a few things that I'd like to do tonight, and I'm well on my way to getting them done before I have to get to bed early, since I have work early tomorrow. We'll also be getting the Pontiac back, although for only a couple of days, since my father wants to change the tires on the Jeep--the former car still isn't fixed yet, and only because the weather has started to get better has my father been able to work on it. And even though it's supposed to be raining most of this week, at least it'll be decently warm.

I have work early tomorrow as mentioned, which means I have to get up early, bring stuff to work for when I don't have much to do and something to eat while on break. And hopefully I can stop by that farmer's market tomorrow after work, but that might have to wait until Tuesday. I'd like to be in bed by 2:00 at the latest, and I'm well on my way to getting the last of the stuff that I'd like to get done by then, and I'll start to finish that up by 9:30 when my shows go off tonight.

I hope that everyone had a good weekend.

Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Susie
Frozen in Time

Post by Susie »

Hello There, Siblings of the Halfway House!

Well, I guess I miscalculated when I estimated that I'd post 3-4 times the past week! It was only once! Sorry about that. Of course you will forgive me because when I'm not posting, and I have my laptop, I'm working on my memoir about YOU!

Results of the speech contest - alas, I didn't win, but that's totally OK with me. Frankly, I think I was disqualified on time - if you go over 7 min 30 sec you're disqualified. I saw the red card meaning 7 minutes and knew I had 30 seconds left and got all flustered and even flubbed my final line, which I've NEVER done before! I was embarrassed. Otherwise, everything about the speech was really good. I've only been in Toastmasters for 7 months, so everyone was really impressed. I was competing against people with many years under their belts.

As you've probably seen on facebook - I met up with Chrissy on Friday - we had a rendez-vous at the O'Hare Hilton where she was attending the Vampire Diaries convention. She is really a lovely young lady.

Now on to your posts -

Lynne – Sorry you are having problems with your dog! Is this a change in behavior? If so, I wonder what caused him to start doing that. Yes, publishing is scary these days, especially with e-readers. I shudder to think of what I’ll have to do through when I’m ready to peddle my book. What’s Dreamworld?

Sarah – Thanks for asking about my husband’s job search. He has an interview on Tuesday, so fingers crossed. He’s starting to be more strategic about the jobs and companies he applies for. We’re blessed with a lot of job openings here in the Twin Cities, but many aren’t a good fit.

Marielle – I’m so glad you don’t have too long in between vacations there so you always have something to look forward to. I won’t even say anything about how it’s good you don’t live in the U.S. with only 2 weeks vacation…. I know what you mean about a sales job being stressful. I just meant that you would be good working with people. Marketing or training sound good. Keep it in mind for when the economy improves which will be soon, I hope. I can’t wait to see Rob’s Dior commercial!

Suzan
– Nice to see you back! I was gone for a week in Argentina, and since then have only posted once. I’m becoming a once or twice a week sort of poster. That’s sad news about SM not wanting to finish MS, but I have to say I can understand her being “done” with Twilight. It would probably be hard to get in the zone again to write about it. It’s funny how we fans feel she owes it to us somehow.

Sean
– I’m glad you had a better day today. I hope you can keep your job. It seems to work out well for you.

Songbird – How horrible that people criticize your Dutch, especially your MIL. Sheesh! How well does she speak English? Most people don’t understand what is involved in learning a new language as an adult. Hang in there. I will continue to advocate for my students.

Have a great week, everyone!
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

I have a proof! This is just a copy to let us know what it will look like. I've got to go through it and check for mistakes. We've already found one.

For those who asked (sorry I didn't say) Dreamworld is a theme park, along the lines of Disneyland, only smaller. It's a lot of fun. Little Man and I have unlimited passes for the year.

Sean
- hope the day is good for you!

Susie - How's the memoir coming? I'm sorry you didn't win the speech contest. Yes, the behaviour in the dog has got worse over the past year. We'll see if the behaviouralist can help. Yes, trying to peddle your book is far more difficult than writing it! But if you need someone to edit or proofread ...
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

hey everybody!!!

I'm not going to do my big post today, though I'm happy to see many of you have done.
I have been feeling like crap since friday and I'm just starting to recover.
Friday morning I got really sick really fast. I managed to get home from work and spend the rest of the day laying on the sofa. My bf got the same thing Saturday. He has recovered but I'm still feeling weak. like I have jelly in my legs and arms...

I just wanted to drop in to say I'm still alive.

Have a nice day!!!
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

marielle - I'm sorry to hear that you're not feeling well. Hope it passes soon.
TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Just a quickie from me..today is another 2 job day, so it's around 9-10 hours total. Tiring, since I'm not used to it, but I'm so grateful for the extra work! It's nice to see other people around here again!

Have a good day everyone!
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

Sorry for this very late post, but I got home and slept in after I got off work. I did visit that bulk food store (not a farmer's market according to my brother), but they still had plenty of pretty good stuff there that was interesting.

I do plan on maybe stopping my the actual farmer's market tomorrow and picking up some chicken lunch meat (my brother got some fried chicken lunch meat there that I liked) and a few other things there tomorrow after work.

Other than that, I haven't been up to much today. Of course, today was laundry day, and I was left with only a sweater to wear for work, which wasn't a great move, though it wasn't as warm today as it will be over the next day or two. It wasn't bad once the AC got adjusted, though.

But I really didn't have an eventful day aside from those things that I mentioned doing. But sleeping in for so long does mean that I'll probably be up for a little while, but not extremely long--after all, I do have work tomorrow. But it wasn't really eventful at all today.