Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Edwards Ragazza
Officially Bitten!

Re: Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Post by Edwards Ragazza »

HI ladies & Gent,

It's 11:26 at night so I am going to make this a fast one, but will try to come back her tomorrow.

Susie~ I am happy for your husband and your family on the good news. Is it still in the same line of work?

Sarah~ I hate bugs especially ants! Ask the apartment manager if the spray the complex. They should cover that.

Susan~ How was Despicable Me? We really liked the first one and are looking forward to the 2nd one.

Sean~I hope you they find the problem with your car.
Banner by TammyAZ
Songbird
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by Songbird »

My feet are KILLING me. I love that work has called me for the last few weeks to work on Mondays....every bit helps, but man my feet hurt after walking for 5 hours straight. Can't complain though...at least I have some work!

Lynne, did you end up working? Yay for the book signing! I feel for you with Little Man. MM has been having a lot of fits. I'm going to try to remember to call social services tomorrow...they offer some services for parents, like advice or sometimes to have someone come observe to see what's going on and offer help when needed, so I'm going to do that because I just don't know where to go from here.

Sarah, I always read Twilight and Midnight Sun together...chapter for chapter. I catch so much more that way. Something to think about for next time you read the series. I just always get so sad when there's no more MS. I LOVE it.
Glad you got the ants taken care of!

Desiree, nice to see you! We loved Despicable me!! It was a great day. I saw Steve Carell on the Ellen show and it was hilarious because he came on dressed like Gru and completely in character and it was hilarious. Bug loves the lipstick thingy in the 2nd movie...when you see it, you'll know what I'm talking about..., but Bug keeps talking about that.
Signature artwork by TammyAZ
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

Morning all!

Today I have to take Little Man to get a haircut. I'll give him a treat afterwards, which is good for me, because it means I'll get a treat too!

I'm giving Susie's Memoir a light edit at the moment. It's certainly very interesting to read about her visits to so many of you. Can't deny it makes me a tad jealous. Why do I have to live so far away? :(

Sarah - yes, Dreamworld is cool. I came to the Twilight party not too much earlier than you. I came in the leadup to the movie version of New Moon's release. I often regret that I wasn't around for the build up to Twilight's movie.

Songbird - Have you tried different shoes or more supportive soles? They may make a difference. I didn't work for Rochelle yesterday, no. I did squeeze in half an hour just to do something for her, though. Yeah, it's difficult to know what to do with kids sometimes, isn't it?
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

Had another day that I'd rather forget. Brakes on the Jeep went out, voice mail didn't work at work, had to find another way home, lost my wallet and it took me forever to find it. Just a miserable crap heap of a day.

At least I'm home and was able to sleep in when I got home. I'm tired of stressing over work and money and stuff like that, almost to the point where I have thought about quitting my job and looking for another one. I'm just tired and I've had enough of some of the crap that's going on in my life.

Hopefully tomorrow will be better.

I'll be back later.
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
Susie
Frozen in Time

Post by Susie »

Hello Peeps!

It's already the 4th of July holiday here with many people taking the whole week off for vacation. We're going up to Lake Superior on Wednesday and will come back late on Saturday. I'm still teaching for three more weeks MTW, but will take a personal day off on Wednesday so I can have a longer trip.

Sean - Yikes! That does sound like a bad day! Hang in there.

Desiree - Nice to see you! Yes, hubs has a job in the same profession - he's a senior software developer, but actually his title for this one is "Consultant" Thanks for asking.

Song - Yes I'm still interested in working something out to meet up with you. I suppose we should have a good email session about that. After the 4th, OK? Love your method of reading Twilight and MS chapter by chapter. Very cool. I'll try that next time. Hubs's job is doing programming that helps the programmers who do mobile phone apps - platform programming. Cool stuff. Daughter Dear arrives home on August 7.

Lynne - Sorry to make you feel envious as you read my memoir. I hope you are enjoying learning more about some of the ladies of the Halfway House. Thank you so much for taking the time to read it!

Sarah - I know what you mean by wishing that you'd discovered Twilight earlier. I guess I beat you only by a little - I started in Jan 2010 after the movie New Moon. You're making me want to read it all again too!

Sorry if I missed anyone - That's all I could scroll through at the moment.

Bye for now!
TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Hey everyone!

Song-I love that idea! Next time, for sure. I went straight in and read most of Midnight Sun last night and finished it this morning..then I put on the movie and started New Moon afterward. I guess I'm officially 'bitten' again! :D Glad you're getting more hours at work but I do sympathize with the sore feet..:/

Lynne-I'm glad I'm not the only one. I sort of watched with annoyance during Twilight's release (I worked in the mall when Hot Topic had the DVD release party) and got interested during New Moon but was told not to start the books until I was done with classes since they would distract me...boy were my friends right!

Susie-oh hooray for vacations! :) and please, go ahead and get consumed again ;)
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

Hey there, everyone!

Little Man is going to a holiday thing at a church today, so I should be able to get some stuff done for our family business. It's end of financial year, so I've got heaps to do!

Susie - yes, it has been nice to read about everything that has happened, especially what happened before I came along!

Sarah - yeah, there was quite a bit I missed!
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

My day was a lot better than yesterday. It was still a bit frustrating at times, because the part that was needed to fix the voice mail system was the wrong one--Century Link sucks! So I'll probably be having to keep working on the phones like I did the past couple of days again.

At least I got plenty of groceries today after work, and (so far, at least), the Jeep has worked fine. My brother left to get something about 3 hours ago in the Jeep, but, so far, he hasn't called the house to say anything. So I hope he's just screwin' around as he often does.

At least I have plenty to snack on before or when I go into work over the next few days hopefully. And the bill for all the stuff I got didn't come to very much--about $110 for about what I hope is almost two weeks worth of food. And I do get paid Friday, so that's not something I'll complain about.

Other than that, I don't have much in the way of plans for tonight, other than looking up my normal stuff. I have the 4th off, and that's my only day off this week, and I work all week next week, so I might not be online as much next week because of that. At least it'll give me more time to get caught up on stuff at work and more time to talk to some of my new friends and such.

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
Songbird
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by Songbird »

Busy busy week this week!! I worked on Monday, I had choir last night, I had a meeting with MM's teacher for the end of the year report (he's doing so well....he's made improvements in his emotional development, not crying as much, and he scored above average on math and language skills) tomorrow I have a meeting for the choir board, Friday is the choir BBQ, which I was looking forward to until the carpool fell apart and we're now riding our bikes to get there and it's about a 30 minute bike ride from the sounds of it, and Sunday I have a choreography workshop, then working again on Monday.
My kids are cracking me up....Bug is doing a fashion show and making MM judge her on her outfits, like it's project runway or something.

Lynne, I take it Little Man doesn't like to get his hair cut? How about the blow dryer? Our hair person said most kids don't like it, but my kids are nuts and they love it. Bug and I are getting ready to donate our hair soon and daddy has promised her that we'll ask the newspaper if they want to take pictures since she's so young and not many girls that young donate their hair, so she's super excited about that prospect. She was planning to donate anyway, but now she's really hoping to be in the paper.
These are the best shoes I have found for work. But you are SO right, the shoes make a huge difference. I get a 15 minute break and then there's a half hour lunch, but I actually work for 5 hours, and that's constant walking/standing and the last 3 weeks I haven't done the packing, only walking. So no matter what shoes I have on, my feet are going to hurt.
Good luck with your financial stuff!

Susie, have a great time! Is that the cabin you were talking about that you had issues with your SIL about it because she wouldn't let you visit and such? That your father and brother built, right?
Sounds great...we'll make plans after the 4th!
It's so much fun to read MS and Twilight together because you see the reactions of both Edward and Bella and it's fresh in your mind so you know what's behind those reactions. I feel like I get so much more out of it that way. So cool!

Sean, I hope the jeep is still working. Have you had the brakes looked at? My car's brakes stopped working once and it wasn't that bad...just the break shoes were worn down and needed to be replaced.
Signature artwork by TammyAZ
Suzan
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Suzan »

Hey guys!
I'm kind of in a bad mood at the moment (stupid roommates :banghead: ), so I'm just going to wait a while with doing a full post. But I wanted to at least re-instal our HumpDay tradition and coincidentaly researching Rob-pics is 100% garanteed to cheer me up again. My inspiration came from Robsessed's 365daysofRob, which today is a candit from 2011. That was the year I was sooo close (YES...) and yet sooo far (Oh NO!). It was the year Rob came to Belgium for BD1 promo, just two hours away from me. Anyway, here it is:

Happy HumpDay!!
(Pictures were too big to post directly and I didn't want to withhold you the full HQ goodness, hence the oldfashioned links. ;) Click on the picture once you've opened it to unleash the full power of the goatee. If you dare...)

Edit: Before I forget, I just wanted to say two little things.
Susan - Mike&Molly with Melissa McCarthy is on mon-fri at 18.40 hours on Veronica. But I usually watch my series online, so I'm about a season ahead of those episodes.
Lynne - I read your novel last week and loved it!! Only issue was that I wished there was more. More of everything! I guess that's what the sequel is for, haha. I'm planning on reading it a second time this weekend. Do you want me to leave a review/join the discussion on goodreads or send you a pm or something. Or maybe you don't want my opinion at all... No hard feelings ;)
FF profile: Suzqnv5689