Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Re: Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

I slept in much of today, which was probably a good thing considering how hot and humid it was starting to feel when I went to sleep this morning. It also didn't help that I unintentionally sneaked in a nap for a couple of hours late last night because it was pretty hot and miserable outside and inside my house. At least the temps are dropping now. It might just barely break 60 where I'm at on Friday.

So I haven't been up to too much today, but I have plans for finishing up some stuff and maybe working on some fan fic if time allows. However, fan fic might be something more over over the next day or two.

And I don't know if I posted it last night or not, but I'm getting a promotion at work. it's a document scanning job in the same office where I'm currently working. It'll be a lot less stressful than the job I currently have. It'll also be more hours, possibly more pay per hour (I don't know that detail yet, though I know that I'll at least be getting a lot more hours than I currently have), and I think that it'll be a lot more fun than what I'm doing now. Granted, I have to wait maybe a couple of months, but it's something to look forward to.

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
Songbird
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by Songbird »

Happy Cake Day!! Bug and I were in the local paper this morning for donating our hair. She is SO excited!

Sarah, poor Mia! Was it something she ate at the fair? I'm sorry about the family dinner!
Oooh...Mockingjay is good too!
The bike ride isn't my favorite, but it's better than walking by myself after dark to the train station (20 mins away) to catch a bus.

Lynne, that is so nice of the chaplain!! I hope you sell some!
I know...there are a lot of people who don't like Keira, and I do. What bad things did you hear about it? It follows the book pretty well...they made a few changes, like removing some minor characters who aren't necessary, but nothing huge.
Thank God there won't be any gratuitous sex in your books! I really don't like that. I love Romance, but the kind with minimal sex. That's one of the things I loved about Twilight and the Host....romantic without the erotic stuff. And I haven't read 50 Shades for that reason, too...or one of the reasons anyway.

Sean, congrats on the promotion!
Signature artwork by TammyAZ
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

Hey there!

The celebration went well yesterday. When I got there (the kids have a barbecue breakfast put on by the chaplain on Thursday mornings) I just stood around with one of the other mums beforehand, talking. I didn't want to mention anything about the celebration in case the chaplain had forgotten and it wasn't on. I didn't want to embarrass anyone. And there didn't seem to be many of the mothers around, either.
It wasn't until we got up to the room where we have the our gathering that I found out why. Most of them were setting up. When I walked in there was a whiteboard with 'Congratulations on your success' written on it, and on the table, with balloons, were biscuits, chocolate, dip, cheese and crackers, and cake! They even gave me a present and a card! I was really touched. I only sold one copy of The Heir, but that was because just about everyone had already bought it.

Sarah - sorry to hear that your family dinner didn't go ahead. I hope Mia is feeling better and that you don't catch it. Well, you're as normal as an author can be!

Songbird - congratulations on getting in the paper! I heard that the chemistry between her and whatshisname wasn't great, and I didn't like the look of it. Not much. I'm sure I'll see it sometime. Yeah, I'm not into graphic descriptions of sex. It's not my thing.
TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by TwilightFan87 »

I got a chance to go see my sister and Mia for a while before they left, which was nice. I'm looking really forward to this weekend since Jason and I are going to the Fair tomorrow just for us, for a date :) the weather is supposed to turn icky next week so I'm glad we're finding time to go when the sun is shining.

Song-No, I don't think so..I think it was one of those freak 24 hour bugs since she seemed a little lethargic but otherwise fine today. That's a good thing though since they were flying home to California this evening. Wow, that's awesome you were in the paper!! :D

Lynne-that means a lot you called me an author :D I used to write Backstreet Boy fan fiction as a teenager (back in my early teens) and could write like no other then. Now that I'm an adult it comes to me slower which I find odd!

I think we lost Marielle...
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

Hey girls and boy!!!! No you didn't loose me nut life has been a bit crazy at the moment. I can't log in at work anymore which causesy absence. At home I have been trying to get my old shape back so I ditched the laptop for most of the time.
At the moment I'm only taking the last few minutes of the day yo visit FB....

On Monday we are getting a new internet connect at work which will give me access to the lex again. I'm hoping I can post again...

Have a brilliant weekend... I hope to see you all soon. Maybe I'll catch up on the posts over the weekend

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Morning all!

Today we're painting more skirting boards. *Ugh!* But then we should be done with them, which will be nice. Nothing else on today. I'm hoping to finish Insurgent, which yes, Sarah, I started reading last night. *sigh* How I'm going to wait weeks for book three I have no idea!

Sarah - just feel free to take your time with it. You're probably slower now because you have so many more responsibilities now than you did whenyou were a teenager. I'm glad you got to spend some time with your sister and Mia before they left.

Marielle - Hello! :wave:
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

Sorry I haven't been on as much lately. Last night I felt like crap and wasn't really able to motivate myself to get out of bed once I got in there. I got up this morning, and I had a decent day at work. However, work today did remind me why I can't wait for my promotion at work to take effect.

Next week, I get more hours at work. Sadly, it's more hours in a job that I can sort of barely stand doing right now. At least I can say that I'm making more money doing it, but I'll be working even more hours in a job that I'll probably like a lot better. Only problem is that I have to wait, likely until sometime in November, for me to start my new job.

I can't really say what exactly was wrong with me today. I just felt like absolute crap most of yesterday and today. I felt sick and tired at work, I barely felt like getting my check cashed and doing the errands after work I did, and I still don't feel good now. Maybe the weekend is just what I need right now.

I plan on spending much of tonight catching up on some stuff that I didn't get done last night. I do hope to finish a fan fic chapter this weekend if I get a chance. I also hope to finish 1-2 other things over the weekend also.

Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Tornado

Post by Tornado »

We got the painting done yesterday, so that was good. Today church has been cancelled, as so many are away, but we'll go to my parents' place this afternoon for a visit.
TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Hey everyone, hope you're all having a relaxing weekend!

I went to a community yard sale today with some friends and got a few things for the house. It was just nice being out with some girlfriends! I'm planning to clean the house this evening and just want to relax at home. The more I work, the more I realize how much time I don't actually spend at the house..funny, isn't it?

Lynne-have fun with your parents. I assume the skirting boards are the thin boards that line the edges of the floor? What color did you paint them? Thanks for the encouragement about writing :)

Hi Marielle!! Good to see we didn't lose you completely! I love seeing all your cute kitty pictures on FB :)
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

I've had a pretty productive day so far today. I got up early, worked on some stuff, and I only have a few more things left to do tonight that I really want to get done.

Among these is getting a start on my fan fiction as far as finishing a chapter up. I also have a few things that I'd like to make somewhat short work of later on, and I'd like to end the night by reading one of my books that I got early last week. It's about World War II technology that all major combatants used. It should prove useful for future stuff that I'll be writing. And if I get time, I'll probably start to watch the WEC race from Sao Paulo.

And in case any of you would like to see what I'm on about, if you have Fox Sports 1, you can watch the whole 6 Hours of Austin on the 22nd. There will also be a one hour highlight show on 10/20.

I'd also like to say that my friend Tracy got married today, so I'm happy about that. At least today has been better than most of this week that I've dealt with.