Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Re: Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

First of all, congrats to Jaclyn on her pregnancy (it's been posted on the HH FB page) :)

Second of all, I was pretty tired after my outing last night, so I didn't get to to much last night. At least the outing was pretty good. One's being planned for next week, too.

As for today, I plan on finally finishing up a fan fic chapter later tonight, and doing some stuff that I missed out on last night. Tomorrow's Friday, and that's the last day of the week. I hope for a repeat of yesterday at work, mostly because it was the first really good day that I had all week.

Marielle: Not much that my boss can do about the water, since the county had to shut it off to fix a water main. We did get it turned back on just before I left.

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

Hi there!

My talk with Rochelle went well yesterday. She took it pretty well and immediately rang the person with a problem to try and sort it out. Unfortunately, she wasn't in, so Rochelle sent an email. I think we'll get it fixed up.

You may have noticed on FB that The Crown has arrived! I have about 100 copies in the house right now. Susan, your copy will probably be posted next week, so you will probably have it before the book launch.

marielle - yeah, it wasn't much fun, but I'm glad it worked out okay. You know, I'm the same with TL. I used to spend hours here, although I do know what I am doing with the time I used to spend here. I'm trying to use social media to publicise my book!
TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by TwilightFan87 »

I hate fall/winter. We've had insane weather and has been raining tons, way more than usual..and I got my first cold. Of course, I can't call in sick even if I wanted to (and really, do I ever stop? No) and I'm really looking forward to this weekend. I'm thinking of watching the Hunger Games again before I cancel Netflix. I bought my tickets for Catching Fire yesterday!

Lynne-oh geeze, issues with booksellers can't be fun.

I wish I could've been in here in the hayday of TL...it's so ghostly quiet around here now! I think we're the only active thread?

Marielle-oh I had no idea how you felt about NM and Jacob! I'm a little surprised, but then again I was introduced to saga when Eclipse came out and fell for both guys! Hows work going?
Songbird
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by Songbird »

Hi!! I am still running like a chicken with its head cut off. Though we did get the swimming lessons cut down to once a week instead of 3 times, and Bug finds out today if she can swim next weekend for her B diploma, but I don't think she will make it. She is still scared of diving and she's anxious about being able to swim under water for 6 meters. But if she doesn't make it, we'll let her off the hook and she can pick something that SHE wants to do, which is probably going to be musical theater school with her best friend. So then we'll be trading her swimming lesson for musical theater lessons, but it's still not as bad as swimming lessons ALL the time! My boss has been scheduling me 3 days a week, which is nice for the money, but it means not having much time right now because I have meetings and stuff in the evening right now and extra rehearsals on weekends. One more month and the concert will be over and it will be back to regularly scheduled programming!
I did catch Episode 1 of Glee season 5 and saw P. Fac on it! I didn't know he was going to be on Glee!

Lynne, I my goodness I could pee my pants with excitement! I will probably have it READ before the launch. That's the nice thing about swimming lessons I guess...I get to catch up on my reading.

Sarah, I'm with you on Jacob...I love him too, but most of the sisters here don't feel the same way. Caryn LOATHES him. I think the only Jacob loving sister is Tonise.

Marielle, sorry you are having issues with your job...we're glad to have you back, but sorry you aren't happy with your work.

Susie, are you gearing up for HHH Con??

Sean, hope you are feeling better now!
Signature artwork by TammyAZ
Songbird

Post by Songbird »

Just thought I'd share...Bug made it! And I found out it's 7 meters, not 6. But she made it both times in her lesson...one of the few who did. There are something like 10 kids in the class and there were only 4 I think who made it. So most of her class doesn't get to swim for the diploma yet and will have to wait another 6 weeks and try again. I am so so proud of her for working soooo hard, even though she was terrified. She was in tears earlier because she was so nervous. But she made it and I am so excited for her. She came RUNNING out with her paper "I did it! I did it!!" I was watching from upstairs in the gallery and I almost cried when she made it through the second time! I DID do the happy dance.
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Morning all!

We're having a quiet Saturday today, which I'm thankful for. It's been a busy time, over the school holidays!

I'm concerned that the reaction to The Crown is not going to be as positive as The Heir was. There haven't been as many pre-orders, even from friends, and I'm worried people just won't care anymore. Hopefully, my worries will be unfounded.

Sarah - I hope your cold gets better soon. I think there are a couple of other active threads here, although they are threads like ours: groups of friends.

Songbird - yes, you probably will have it read before the launch! Just keep quiet about it on FB until afterwards, but feel free to go and start a thread at Goodreads on it. Hopefully I'll be able to get a few more people to join this time. I'm glad to hear Bug did well in her swimming. :clap:
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

Long but satisfying day at work. I do have plans for fan fic--finally--tonight as well as getting a start on looking up a few things. I have some errands to run tomorrow, and I'm going to start work on planning a few things this weekend, too, such as a library visit next week possibly, as well as possibly attending a dance--a friend from work is pestering me to try and go to it. I'll decided if I'll go to it this weekend.

At least I'll be getting a big pay check for all my efforts at work, though I still hope that they can find a full time receptionist soon, and that I find out more soon about my new job that I'll be getting, hopefully that'll come sooner rather than later.

Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Hi there!

I just found that someone has put a rating of three stars of The Crown on Goodreads. I'm really annoyed, as I know this person can't have a copy, as I haven't sent any copies out yet. They are in Indonesia. I've just reported them to Goodreads in case they're a spammer.

While three stars is not as bad as it could be, I am annoyed that my first rating for it is only average. NOT HAPPY JAN!!!!!
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

Day got started at 10:30 this morning in the middle of a thunderstorm and has been productive. I plan on getting offline for a while when I'm done looking some stuff up.

Then it'll be on to getting ready for another fan fic chapter and looking up some other stuff later this evening/tonight. I hope to watch the F1 race later tonight, that is if thunderstorms don't totally screw my satellite reception.

I also got a package in the mail, and I hope to be able to look at it and sort some stuff out when I get done here, too. Other than that, some VG stuff and planning/resting up for the F1 race and other things that I'd like to do tonight is on the plate.

Songbird

Post by Songbird »

Hi all! It's been a very busy, but fun weekend!! We took the kids to a technical vocation day yesterday in Doesburg and they got to do a whole bunch of fun stuff. They got to simulate fixing a water heater, they got to put together battery operated stuff like lamps, fans, alarms using connectors and battery packs and switches, they got to build bird houses (which they got to keep) and make their own buttons, and necklaces and pen holders, etc. Lots of hands on stuff. They had a blast! Then today was kids book week party at the library. It was pretty dead because there is a circus in town and apparently everyone went there instead of to the library, but that meant the kids got to do everything without waiting in line. They got to sing karaoke (which the people running it were REALLY impressed with Bug...she's got quite a good little voice for a 7 year old. I'd be ecstatic to get one like her if I were still teaching music), get their faces painted, make bookmarks, do a scavenger hunt, etc. This year's theme was sports and games, so they had a little basketball court set up outside for kids to play and all the games had to do with sports and games. There was a story time, too. And Bug's best friend was there as well, so they had a blast together. Now it's back to the busy school and work routine. *sigh*
My hometown got SLAMMED this weekend with snow. They got over a foot in 24 hours and several inches of accumulation. THey had to close all the roads on Friday and most businesses shut down. A lot of people were without power. My dad got his power back, but he said yesterday that his furnace hadn't kicked on yet, and his friend emailed me to tell me they were doing what they could to get to him, but the main highway is closed and even if they could get the 6 miles on that highway to the turnoff road, the turnoff roads are all blocked and impassable. All the roads are still closed...or they were earlier today when I looked it up. So dad is still stuck. All my friends have been posting about how grocery stores are out of everything because supply trucks haven't been able to get through since Thursday, so things like bread, milk, potatoes are non-existent at the moment. School should be back in session tomorrow though if they get all the roads open again.

Lynne, can I mention that I HAVE the book when I get it? And once I've read it, can I post how much I love it and recommend it to everyone if I don't post any spoilers? Or do you not want anyone to know pre-orders got it early?
I am so sorry about the 3 star rating!! How could they do that! Has it been taken down? I don't see any reviews on it, so they must have. Hopefully no one saw it!!
As for the reaction, I'm betting once the 3rd book comes out, more will read it. A lot of people don't want to get started on series right now when they will have to wait for the rest of the books.