Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Re: Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Post by Tornado »

Morning all!

It's Labor Day here today, so no work for anyone. We haven't got much planned for today, so I guess we'll just sit around and do whatever.

Songbird - I'm glad Bug has a good voice. Unfortunately, Little Man has taken after his father in the singing department (which means he can't sing at all!). It's such a shame. Wow, that's a lot of snow. It seems so strange to me, since there's never any snow here at all. Yes, you can mention you've got the book. It might make people jump up and realise that they could have it too. Just don't say anything about the story. You can go straight to goodreads and start a post there though, if you want. The three star rating is still up. I don't know if they'll do anything about it. I know a lot of books that haven't been released yet often have ratings. Personally, I think they should disable them until the book is released.
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

I slept in today, but I have plenty to try and work on right now.

I did manage to work on fan fic earlier last night/early this morning, and I'm close to finishing up my current chapter. I might work on it later tonight if I get time. The big thing I want to do is look up some stuff, at least the first portion of it.

I have a couple of other things that I'd like to try and do as well, but not a ton of time to work on them, since I need at least some sleep before tomorrow because of work.

Speaking of which, I work long hours and, eventually, 3 days in a row this week. Hopefully it'll go a well as the past couple of work days went.

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Hey everyone :)

It's been a good but quiet weekend, which is exactly what I needed :) I've been resting and doing what I can from the couch, even started menu planning! I went to my best friend's bridal shower yesterday and noticed I'm not quite where I want to be weight wise (she posted a picture a few hours after the event, which was beautiful and quite fun..parties made me nervous so I'm glad it went well) and the only way I'm going to get there is if I get back to Weight Watchers hard core and try to lose the last ten pounds before her wedding, which is next month. So that's my big exciting news for this weekend, haha.

Lynne-oh I'm so sorry. I have noticed on Goodreads though that once you accidently rate something, you can't unrate it. I did that with Silver Linings Playbook even though I haven't read it yet and my friend told me she decided not to read the book because of what I did! Such a terrible mistake :/ When does it officially release?

Song-sounds like you had a fun busy weekend with your kiddos :) Hopefully you're able to get some rest since I saw how busy you are! Congrats to Bug for passing, how exciting!! I kinda figured about Caryn, but wow..I had no idea how much I was in the minority :)

Marielle-hope your work improves!
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

Good morning everybody!!!

I hope you all had a good weekend?
My weekend was okay but I had a stress breakdown friday night which caused me to feel awful for the rest of the weekend.
We had a nice dinner with my bf's family. food was great.
Even better it finally seems that the scale is going down. lost almost a pound.

I had a great dream last night, In my late teens early twenties I was a huge fan of the band Silverchair. Still listen to their music regularly. I dreamed that I was working for a festival event where I had to chaperone the bands and my main band was Silverchair. It was a really nice dream and brought back my childhood crush on Daniel Johns.
I wonder what happened to him? Lynne do you know?

Anyway lets see what you all were up to.

Sarah, good luck with loosing the weight. I'd advise you to look into the Primal Blueprint or the Keto diet. They give results fairly fast and as in general very healthy.
Thanks for the support. I just need to find a good new job but I have to be patient. In these economic bad times giving up a steady job for something new isn't always the best idea.

Susan, I saw the pics of your home-town, aren't you happy you live in Holland right now? Brrrrrrr.... I couldn't imagine living in a place where it snowed so much. I'd rather move to where Lynne or Amy lives... nice and warm.
For the HHH-con I'm trying to think of something to do closer to where you live. to make live a bit easier for your travels, However I have to think about Paula as well. Do you have any idea of what the toerists or not Dutch people like to do there?

Sean, the F1 race was bloody boring... aside from a few small incidents it's been Vettel all along... I was happy to see that Button raced fairly well this weekend.

Lynne, how awful of people to review something when they haven't read your book yet!!! I'm sure that new reviews will get in as soon as you release the books.

Alright, time to get work done...
:wave:
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
openfire
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by openfire »

Hello folks!

See! I still lurk!! It's just easier to post on fb. Glad you guys are still keeping this place going though.

I just HAD to post and say to Marielle that I LOVE silverchair!!!!! Did I ever tell you that I met them once?? I got to interview them before a show in London! How awesome that you like them too!! Eeek! :-D

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Banner by the super talented TammyAZ!
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

Bloody Hell Jaclyn, I'm jealous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I wanted to see them live but I was so young that I never thought my parents would agree.... two days after the concert they read an article about it and asked why I never asked to go..... I was so so so sad.......
How was it meeting them???
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

Hey there!

School starts up again today, so Little Man is back there, and I'm hoping to arrange some book reviews for The Crown.

Sarah - you can delete them from your 'my books' list. You just have to click on the 'x' on the right of the page in line with the book you want to remove. The Crown is officially out on 1st November, but we have stock now, so the pre-orders have already been sent. Hopefully I will have some good reviews up in a week or so. Oooh! bridal showers are fun!

marielle - Are you feeling better now? Sorry, I don't know what's happened to Daniel Johns. Give google a try. It always knows the answer! :)

Hi, Jaclyn!
Susie
Frozen in Time

Post by Susie »

Hey Gang!

Sorry to be away so long - please don't think I've abandoned you!

I've been busy doing the 4th revision on my memoir -WHICH IS ABOUT YOU ALL!! - and now I'm querying agents. Every day I send out a couple. I've gotten two 'no' responses, but they were very encouraging. Right now I've got 3 in the hopper and I'm doing 3 more tonight. It takes quite a bit of time to tailor them to each individual agent/agency. I will keep you posted with the progress!

I see that MARIELLE has come back to regular posting!! That's great! Sorry about your stress attack last Friday. Are you feeling better now?

Hey there, JACLYN! - Facebook is easier to read quickly, but let's face it, we don't actually write that many posts on facebook either. It's just short responses to things.

EVERYONE: I really miss long thoughtful online communication. My smart phone has turned me into a rapid reader and slow or even absent responder to the Lex, facebook and email. I long for my laptop keyboard (like I'm on now) so I can really go to town with my posts! Anyone else feel the same sense of loss because of smart phone technology?

It looks like LYNNE, SEAN, SARAH, AND SONG have been holding down the fort for the rest of us. THANK YOU!!

LYNNE - Can't wait to read The Crown!!!! SQUEE! I still have to get my act together and order it, though. :roll: FYI, my memoir has gone through two revisions since the version you read, and I think I took care of many of your concerns. It's down to 89,000 words now. Ginnie has helped me with it too.

SONG - I'm sorry, but I really can't keep up with all that you've been doing! You are a busy lady. For now I will respond to your latest good fortune of winning a gift card and not knowing which books to buy - you have a list 4 pages long??? Okay, you read a heck of a lot more than I do! Kudos to you. Hey - Thanks for the rec on Midnight in Austenland. I loved it!! I'm so sad I'm done with it now.

SEAN - It sounds like you're starting a new job. I hope you like it. It also sounds like you still have recurring health issues with headaches and stomach problems. You need to see how you can get them addressed since they really affect your quality of life.

SARAH - Ah - Diets! My advice is to lose slowly - 2 lbs a month - and you will keep it off that way. Cut down on processed foods - all of that sodium makes you retain water. Keep it pure and simple. Whole grains and high protein and lots of fruits and veggies. Good Luck. I'm sorry to say it only gets MORE difficult as you get older. :?

Time to do some more queries! It's actually FUN!

Bye for now - I hope I can come back sooner - a 5 week absence is inexcusable!
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

I was pretty tired after my day at work. Work went fine, but today was a definite "welcome to fall" day. Cold, rainy, it reminded me of Forks, though at least Forks doesn't have to deal with huge snowstorms every winter. I even plugged up my electric blanket.

So, I slept for a while after I got home. I have a few things planned for tonight, such as looking some stuff up and working on fan fic, since tomorrow is the only day that I don't have to go to work this week. I also hope to get a few things set up, such as a library visit and plans to go to a dance this Friday after work. I'm also trying to get set with plans for what I'll be doing for a work-related breakfast thing on the 24th. By then, it'll def. be dark when I leave for that. I'll ask if anyone at work would be available to take me on Wed. If not, I'll ask my brother to take me in.

As for tonight, I have a few things that I'd like to do before I work on fan fic. IE, look up my normal stuff, some other stuff, take a break from the laptop, play some VG stuff, look up some more stuff and work on fan fic.

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Random note here but I realized I let my year mark go by without saying anything, probably because we were in Portland! Wow, a year already? How awesome :) :clap: :clap:

Nice to see some life around here!

I appreciate the weight loss tips :) Weight Watchers (and my job) have led me to lose 19 pounds. It's sort of crazy when I think about it like that! It's taught me how to eat a lot cleaner and better, in smaller portions. I still have 11 to go before I hit my weight loss goal though!

Susie-good luck with your book! Did I tell you that you and Lynne have inspired me to start writing again? I'm just in the first draft, getting the story out on paper bit by bit, but it's amazing. I haven't written like this since I was a teenager! How are your kids doing?

Lynne-for you have a down day, just know that it's your words I remember when my writing is coming in spurts. You've definitely been an inspiration for me :)

Hi Marielle!! I hope your job hunt improves. I love seeing pictures of your kitties! Sorry you had a rough weekend :/

Hi Jaclyn! Nice to see you lurking around :)