Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Re: Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

Happy New Year :) Yesterday was a success, though I spent a lot of money to get my stuff done.

Nonetheless, I did get plenty done, and now I wait to see what'll happen with this snow storm. Then it'll get insanely cold, then it'll warm up, then it'll get insanely cold again.

At least I bought and downloaded some stuff this morning that I'll play with later. I also have another little thing that I'd like to buy later on today. Hopefully 2014 will be better on all counts than 2013 was, which was at least better than 2012 or every year since 2009 was for me.

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

Hey there!

Hubby goes back to work today so it's just Little Man and me for the next three and a bit weeks. Just thinking that makes me feel tired. I'm also having a bit of a downer at the moment. In spite of the holiday I've just had I've hit a depressive slump because of a couple of things that have happened lately. I'm finding it very hard to keep moving in the midst of it all.

Songbird - I hope you've recovered from your NY celebrations and that nobody was injured! :) Yes it was scary about my mum, but she's resilient ... and refusing to stay in bed! However, the sooner I get them out of that house the better.
TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Happy New Year everyone!!!

I spent last night in a quiet manner, hanging out with my friend that got married for the first time since well before her wedding :) It was great to catch up with her but I didn't stay until midnight..I came back to the house and Jason met me there (he was at a party) and we brought in the new year together. We've spent the entire day together, being lazy and marathon-ing How I Met Your Mother. I've been so busy that I needed a day just to be! Our house needs to be cleaned though, which I'll worry about tomorrow :)

Lynne-Wow, three and a half weeks is a long time with MM..hopefully you'll feel better :/ I can only imagine how hard it is to keep going and do all the promoting yourself. If you ever want to talk, you know how to find me :)

Song-oh geeze, I don't like people who are unsafe with fireworks! Jason loves them but he's always smart about them. He didn't shoot any off last night, but we could hear them nearby and the pets were nervous.

I'm debating seeing Mockingjay in theaters because I'm not sure if I can stand to watch them torture Peeta or see Finnick die.

I haven't gotten back to the store yet, I'll likely do it tomorrow :) For some reason we bought the original one on Blu-Ray but the download it came with (so I can listen to it while I work), was the 2nd one! So weird! But regardless I'll buy the second one on regular DVD for us to watch since it was so cute!
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

I've felt sick all morning, and I've had a huge headache. I haven't done much so far this morning, and after I get a few things done, I'll probably try and get some rest.

I'll probably try and make one of my turkey loaves later on. I just hope that I feel better later. I have a few things that I hope to do, health permitting, including fan fic writing.

Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Morning all!

Today is supposed to be really hot here, going up to about 99. Tomorrow is supposed to be even worse: 106. I hope the humidity will stay low or it will make it feel twice as bad! Little Man and I will be going to a pool for a dip today to try and keep cool.

Sarah - thanks for the offer. :) I am feeling a little more on an even keel today, although Little Man and I had a fight yesterday afternoon when we were playing cricket in the backyard. Not a great start for our first day together. He's pushing a lot of boundaries at the moment. Glad your new year's was fun, if quiet!
Songbird
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by Songbird »

Hi, all! We survived the New Year's celebrations with no injuries, no thanks to my neighbors. They are really nice people, but really unsafe with fireworks. My BIL is still in the hospital. We were all planning to go to dinner tomorrow, but we're going to have to postpone that until he gets out. After his kidney transplant, he has to be very careful of illnesses because his kidneys can't handle them and he has to go straight to the hospital if he gets a fever. So we were unsure of whether we would even get to spend Christmas at my in-laws' because Bug had a stomach virus that we didn't want to pass on to my BIL, but she was fine by Christmas Day and he wasn't feeling well to begin with. So we went and you could tell he didn't feel good because he was surly and he actually scolded my nephew several times, which was a nice change because usually he's not very good with discipline and my nephew is kind of a huge brat because of it. But we got a call right after midnight on New Years that my FIL had had to take him to the hospital and they were admitting him because he had a fever and there was fluid in his lungs. So he'll be there for at least a few days. That must really suck to always end up in the hospital for every little bug. Blech!

I just read the first book of a series recommended to me by several friends. It was SOOOO good and I highly recommend it to all of you! It's the Mercy Thompson series by Patricia Briggs. The first book is Moon Called. Now I have to somehow get my hands on the rest of them!!! It's set in the Tri-Cities in Washington (Sarah, how close is that to you?) and it's kind of based on a werewolf pack. The main character is not a werewolf, but a shape shifter, called a Walker, and she was raised by werewolves. Her next door neighbor is also a werewolf. Rather like twilight, they aren't depicted as being inherently evil, though these are the typical "change at the full moon" werewolves and there are also Vampires (though not nearly as terrifying as the volturi), witches and other spirits called Fae...and it's set in modern times rather than your typical fantasy genre or the renaissance type novels. Mercy is a mechanic and she gets tied up in a sort of Werewolf...event, where she has to figure out why all this stuff happens and who is behind it, with the help of her werewolf friends. It's also a "clean" novel. There's no..um...baking, and every time someone comes close to swearing, someone else reminds them not to, and Mercy is a Christian and talks about church and makes other references to it, like wearing a necklace with a sheep, because Jesus is the "Lamb of God". I think everyone here would like at least the first book. I'll have to let you know about the others once I've read them. But if you are looking for something to read, definitely check it out!

My best friend is moving to Australia in a week and she still hasn't told anyone she's going! Well, her mom knows, and I know, and I think one other friend, but she doesn't want to tell anyone because she knows they will be angry with her. I know how that feels, but man...it's a week away. At some point you have to bite the bullet and just tell people. I really really hope that she can be happy there.

Lynne, is your slump because of work? Or is the book not going well? Or is it Hubs being back to work?
Hope you are able to stay cool! Humidity is a killer, isn't it? Do you have Air Conditioning? We don't here because people think it's not really necessary as it usually doesn't go much above 27 or 28 Celsius and that only for a couple of weeks in the summer. But one year we got a really hot streak where it was in the 30s for a couple of weeks and our house has wall to wall windows and the sun shines right through our front window ALL day long, so when it's that hot outside, it's pretty unbearable.

Sarah, that's great that you got to spend time with your friend! We've been lazy, too. Just hanging out, reading, watching TV, playing with the kids. It's nice.

Sean, I hope you are feeling better.
Signature artwork by TammyAZ
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

Headache finally subsided a couple of hours ago, and now I'll be ready to take a nap and then get started on making my turkey loaf later on tonight.

After I get up, I'll probably be ready to work on my fan fic and some other items before I get ready to get to sleep.

Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

It's friggin' cold right now! But at least it feels decent inside our house.

It'll warm up tomorrow, just for another snowstorm to come though and drop the temps even colder.

I'll hopefully go out later today or tomorrow and run some errands with my brother and get some stuff. And tomorrow will be the day, since it'll be warmer out, to catch up on stuff, such as fan fic.

Songbird
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by Songbird »

Found my Apple Beignets today!! I didn't think they'd have the stands open anymore, but they did. So I got 5 of them and Ella wanted to taste one and she LOVES them. So I had to share. But at least I got some and don't have to wait until next year!!

Nothing new...my BIL is still in the hospital until at least Sunday.

Stay warm, Sean!
Signature artwork by TammyAZ
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Hey there, everybody!

We made it through yesterday's heat okay, but it's already 80.6 at 6.45 am, which is not a good sign. I hope we can keep cool today. We do have air conditioning, but only in the office downstairs. We might have to camp out there for the day!

Songbird - that's no good about your BIL. I must be difficult to deal with that kind of thing. I'll have to look at your book recommendation. Hubby gave me a $50 Amazon gift card for Christmas and I'm looking for something new for my Kindle. I always tend to get a little down around Christmas and new year. Being a pessimist, I tend to assume the next year's going to be a difficult one. Hubby going back to work didn't help, or a mild spat with a friend, or struggling to find anyone to celebrate new year's eve with us. All these things dragged me down. I'm feeling a little better now.