Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Re: Leah Clearwater

Post by holdingoutforjacob »

amivera i tried to reply to your PM but it wouldn't let me! is your pming disabled??

death cannot stop true love, it can only delay it for a while...
Jane V
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Jane V »

i didn't like Leah at first, but in BD, i really got to understand her more. that was probably one of the few things i liked about BD.
it's so sad that she still loves Sam and everyone calls her a harpie because she's so upset about it. i'd be a harpie too if it was me! i'm not saying it's Sam's fault, because he can't control the imprinting thing.

Leah turned out to actually be pretty funny over all.

and i get where she's coming from with the agreeing with Rosalie about being a 'genetic dead-end' or something ilke that.
"quite a pity how things turned out, isn't it?" -Jane, Eclipse

something you didn't know about the Volturi:
Felix has a medical condition. it's called Obsessive Winking Disorder. don't tell him i told you
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

THAT scene the genetic dead end scene, made me like her. i just couldn't hate her anymore. think about the inferiority we feel as women based on shallow things like hair and body type and beauty! now think about how much worse it would be if it was about something like THAT. good lord.

moon sidhe
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by moon sidhe »

holdingoutforjacob wrote:THAT scene the genetic dead end scene, made me like her. i just couldn't hate her anymore. think about the inferiority we feel as women based on shallow things like hair and body type and beauty! now think about how much worse it would be if it was about something like THAT. good lord.

Seriously. And then having a huge pack of adolescent boys know everything, and there's nothing you can do about it. That's flat-out torture.
You are in my blood like holy wine
and you taste so bitter but you taste so sweet
Oh I could drink a case of you darling
And I would still be on my feet
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

i know! i can't even mention the word "bleeding" around guys, no matter where it's occurring, without blushing!

Ellie Ibis
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Ellie Ibis »

Oh, Leah. Leah is easily my favorite character in the entire series. She lost so much, and yet manages to remain strong.

I noticed people dislike her for making life difficult for the pack, but I think for a lot of it Sam was not helping. In Breaking Dawn does he not have another member come plead with her? Does he not use his former relationship with her as a wedge to try to lure her back to his pack? Having him call her "Lee-Lee" and taking advantage of how she feels/felt for him? To me that shows Sam wasn't above using his previous relationship with her in a negative way, and I think there was a lot more to Leah being a "harpy" than was stated, and it's unfair to blame her for being antagonizing, especially if she constantly had to be reminded of such things with Sam, and the pack never seemed to really try to befriend her. Obviously they were all dedicated to Sam, so where did that leave Leah? Forced to follow the man who broke her heart, in a pack of men who were bound to him just as much as she was, which really probably prevented her from having someone to confide in. Who else could she turn to, after all? It's not like she could tell her friends, and I doubt she would want to turn to one of the other woman who were in on the werewolf secret because, presumably, they are the woman who the others in the pack have imprinted on.

There was also a note previously on imprinting, and I for one hope she doesn't. I think she's such a strong character, it would belittle her independence and would almost be the easy way out for her. Yes, it would heal her heartbreak, but it would be an almost artificial healing. I think she needs to find closure and happiness for herself, and imprinting would just... wreck that.
the cops & the kids & the cats & the robbers
& the stolen moments from the out of tune guitars
Amivera
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Amivera »

^I agree completely.

On the note about her not having anyone to confide in, it's so very sad. Imprinting really ruined her life:
She and Emily were like sisters. Then Sam imprinted on Emily, and their bond was just broken. Sam and Emily rode off into the sunset, leaving Leah behind. :(

I think maybe her anger and reluctance to show kindness to others stems from the fact that her closest confidence ran off with her one-true-love.
Blackwater. <3

potterpuff @ lj
Unwanted™
Settled in Forks

Post by Unwanted™ »

Well you know how men are , specially young werewolves , they wouldn't understand how Leah felt , they just treat her like an inconvenient person , and they really don't care for her , I just wished she had a good ending, she really deserved having one, she had been through so much that it's just too unfair that she end's up with only Jacob and Seth ,but Seth is her brother and Jacob is obsessed with Reneesme.
"Dying for somebody doesn't mean much. It's all about who you live for."

Amivera
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Amivera »

^I agree, except on the point about them treating Leah as an inconvenient person *because* they are young werewolves. I don't think that has anything to do with it.
Being a young werewolf isn't like being a young vampire (except in silly Bella's case). They still have normal emotions and memories. They don't have some sort of bloodlust clouding their minds.

I think that by being able to *see* exactly what was going on in Leah's head, they could have been more sympathetic to her problems.
Blackwater. <3

potterpuff @ lj
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by navarre »

It was certainly cool to get to know Leah. She is really a very sharp young woman. She calls it like it is - not ifs ands or buts. I also like how Jacob started to understand her and why she was the way she was.

SM explains Leah in her FAQ's under the Breaking Dawn tab. It is pretty interesting. Jacob & Leah find find a common ground and commaderie with each other.
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict