Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Songbird
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Re: Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Post by Songbird »

Hi all...I'm going to try to post, but I'm still having some issues with internet, so no promises. We called our provider and they said their server was being attacked by someone in Asia, they moved us to a different server, and it worked for a bit, but I'm having problems again, so I'm wondering if the other server is being attacked too. It's driving me nuts!!

So...my BIL got to go home finally on Thursday, after a month and a half in the hospital. Tomorrow is his birthday, so I'm so glad he got to go home!! The kids helped me make brownies, which he LOVES, and we will go see him tomorrow and probably get chinese take-out for dinner so he doesn't have to do anything but relax.

I gave up on the rubik's cube, and hubs took over. He got them both worked out, but then MM messed his up again and after several hours of futzing with it, hubs said enough is enough and he gave up, too. There are a ton of algorithms to putting them back together, but I have a hard time remembering the sequences and my dyslexic brain gets them mixed up anyway.

I worked a lot this last week, which was good because we needed the money, but bad because I didn't get enough rest and I got a horrible cold. I have never had itchy eyes with a cold, but MAN was it bad. I ended up calling in sick on Thursday because I just couldn't function. My nose was completely plugged, I had a headache, I was loopy, I was coughing, and there was NO way I was going to be able to ride my bike there and back. But I think that day at home was exactly what I needed because the next day I felt SO much better! I'm almost over it, which is good because I wouldn't be able to see my BIL tomorrow if I were sick...don't want him to end up back in the hospital.

This past week was parent week at school. Parents could sign up to watch their child's class for an hour. Hubs went to MM's class on Monday and then I was supposed to go to Bug's class on Wednesday and I dragged myself there only to find out they had canceled it for her class. That doesn't upset me nearly as much as how they handled it and that they didn't communicate at all until it was OVER. Apparently her teacher was sick with the stomach flu last week and was supposed to be back this week, but her husband had a fall and broke both his arms, so she has to take care of him and is using sick leave for the next few weeks. So because there was a substitute this week, they couldn't do the parent observations, which I understand, but by Wednesday, they should have been able to send us an email to let us know before we got there to observe. There are a lot of parents who take time off work to go in, and it would have been nice to know in advance that it was canceled. I'm glad I didn't work that day (That's why I signed up for that day...it was the one I didn't have to work!) Then Thursday AFTERNOON, after all the observations were to have taken place, they finally sent out an email saying they were canceled and would be rescheduled. Gee...thanks for the heads up. Bug was so disappointed that I didn't get to stay Wed. and I was really glad that she had her daddy daughter date that afternoon to look forward to. He took her to a stage production of Cinderella and she got to meet the cast and stuff, which is pretty cool because they were pretty famous people here in Holland...finalists of Dutch talent shows like Idols and x-factor, etc. She had a blast.
Apparently, one of the kids in MM's class found a baggie of weed in the bushes on the playground and stuck it in another kid's desk as a joke and his mom found it when she came for observation. Bet THAT was an interesting observation day.

Hope you all had a great Valentines Day. It's not a huge deal over here and we don't celebrate it, but I did make cupcakes. White cake with praline filling and white chocolate frosting. SOOOOO good. And we had steak for dinner. Yummmm. A guy came to the door with a HUGE bouquet of roses and I thought Hubs had gone ahead even though we said we weren't doing presents...but the guy had the wrong house. They were for my neighbor.

Susie and Ginny, so good to see you both! Come back home more often!!

Lynne, it sounds like your get away was really nice! That was really great of your family to do that!!
Only one other parent came to the info night? Wow...don't people want to know what's going on in their kids' school?
Definitely watch Despicable Me and Frozen! Both great movies. Even without the kids.

Sarah, Glad you got to see Frozen!! And I'm glad it seems to be going better with Katniss. No surgery needed?

Sean, are you back home now?

Ok, I'm pushing my luck with internet, and I need to get the kids out of the bath, so I'm off for now!
Signature artwork by TammyAZ
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

I haven't been up to much today and probably won't be. But at least I get to go get groceries Monday morning.

I have some stuff I'd like to watch tonight and I have some stuff to occupy me until then.

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

Morning all!

it's nice to see a couple of faces back after a long absence. I wonder if we'll ever get Caryn back here.

Yesterday wasn't as hot as they were forecasting, which was nice (although it was still hot). Today's supposed to be worse, but we'll see how we go. Did a LOT of cooking yesterday, but made a wonderful slice (or bar cookie; I think that's what you call it) with macadamia nuts and white chocolate. Church is at our place today, and we'll be having it there. I'm looking forward to trying it!

Susie - I wish it was a possibility, but I must confess I doubt she will ever do it. Certainly not for quite a few years, anyway. :( We'll have to hope her mother keeps nagging her about it!

Ginnie - it's good to see you here!

Susan - I'm glad your BIL is home now. Hopefully he'll stay there and not have to go back to the hospital anytime soon. Sometimes my son's school can suck at communication too. It can get very annoying at times! Yes, we had a few more people at info night for the class last year. I think there were a number of other parents at other classes, but in Little Man's class, just me and another lady. Oh well, at least it showed how dedicated we are to finding out how our sons' education is going!
TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Hi everyone!

Hope you're having a good weekend! It's nice to see some old faces around here, Hi Susie and Ginnie!!

I'm relieved that it's the weekend, as usual, and last night was a fun at home date with Jason. I love Valentine's Day :) An excuse to get pizza and champagne and we watched a bunch of the Olympics since I love figure skating.

We've also finalized our vacation plans this week, we needed to do it soon because my boss is pregnant and due at the end of August and she doesn't want to be cleaning full time when she's more than six months pregnant. So we booked a trip to Oahu for the end of April, yay for airline deals and Groupons!

Lynne-you're a good Mom, helping with the swimming lessons :) Your cookies sound delicious!

Song-I'm so glad your BIL is home!! I bet he's going to love brownies, who doesn't? :)

I hate disorganized events, that sounds stressful :/ I'm sorry you had to deal with that! Kind of a bummer about the flowers though ;) Your cupcakes sound delicious!!

I take Katniss back to the vet next week to confirm that she's improving, but she seems fine. Playful and engaging, just like normal. With the special food she's on, even her skin condition (where she licked obsessively and the vet thought it was eczema) has cleared up completely-she's a normal fluffy cat again! I'm so relieved!!
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

My mom got some groceries today, which is important because I won't be able to go to bank to withdraw money until Tuesday because of Presidents' Day. I'm looking forward to trying some of the stuff she got me, such as chicken and back for making sandwiches.

Other than that, I don't have too much planned for today. There's not really too much on TV today/tonight, but I'll try and make the best of it. At least I should be home in a couple of days or so.

Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Hey there!

I'm working for Rochelle today. She says she's got a lot for me to do, so it should be a busy day!

I've been trying to brush up a 'Midnight Sun' type manuscript that I've done for The Heir, from Keridan's point of view. I don't think she would really be interested in publishing it - we haven't done enough business to justify it - but I thought it would be nice to have, just in case.

Sarah - Sometimes I wonder if I'm really a good mum or a bad one! Oooooh, your trip to Oahu sounds lovely. That's in Hawaii, isn't it? That would be fantastic!
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

I liked the sandwiches I was able to make last night, but I ended up getting sick and I went to sleep early and I didn't get back up until a few hours ago.

At least Top Gear's on tonight and I have a pizza I'd like to try. But that's not for a few hours yet. But aside from that, I don't really have much planned for today.

Songbird
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by Songbird »

Hey all, just flying by. I'm so so tired and had a kind of crappy day at work. The atmosphere there is so CATTY! So I came home in a bad mood, MM punched me in the face (accident) and then hubs came home and started finding fault with EVERYTHING I did, from taking out the trash to waiting too long to pick up the remote that fell. We talked it all out, he apologized for being a jerk, but I'm still exhausted. We JUST got internet back again. It went out right after I posted on Saturday and hubs called again today and they gave him more server codes or something to try, and that didn't work and then they had him reset the modem or something, and that finally worked. Here's hoping there are no more issues because I'm tired of not having internet.

Hope you all are doing well, and I'm really sorry I can't reply to you all individually, but my eyes are about to close without my permission. Be back tomorrow...I hope.
Signature artwork by TammyAZ
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Morning all!

My work with Rochelle went well yesterday, but we are so, so busy! At least this means she is able to give me more hours of work. I'll be working an extra day next week. I hope it will allow me to get everything done as we are so far behind at the moment.

I'm also getting nervous about The Reign. The final edit is not back yet and I've got to get it, fix it up and then think about typesetting it and everything else that will need to be done. It's very difficult.
TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Hey everyone :)

Quiet weekend for me, though we went to Build A Bear for my Valentine's Day gift where I got to build one for the first time with Jason. I've never done it before, but went with my friends to build them, so I really wanted do one myself. I know I'm a little old for things like that but it was still really fun!

Lynne-yeah, Oahu is in Hawaii :) I've been before with my parents since my Dad is retired military and there's a base there that we were able to visit and stay at, but I'm really looking forward to going with Jason. He's been working so much that he decided we could afford it...that and if we're serious about having kids soon, we wanted to go alone while we could!

I'm glad to hear you guys are so busy and doing well, hope The Reign comes in soon!

Song-thanks for at least stopping by! Hope you get better soon...it's no fun to fight with hubbys :/