Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Re: Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Post by Tornado »

Hey there!

We've got a really busy weekend this weekend. We're running all over the place! I'm hoping i'll get everything done that I need to get done. It's going to be a race!

The Heir seems to be selling. I don't know the actual sales figures, as Rochelle gets those, but it certainly seems to be selling something. My Amazon ranking yesterday went up to 34,000. I know, it doesn't sound very impressive, but before this it was more like 200,000. I am hoping to get it higher, though. Books aren't really noticed on Amazon unless you're in the top 100 in a particular section. I don't know if I'll get there, but it would be nice.

Sarah - reading a lot is good! what are you reading? Yes, I'm doing okay. I didn't expect to get in. I'm too unknown for that.

Songbird - I saw your new hoodie on Facebook. It looks great! :)
Songbird
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by Songbird »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, LYNNE!!!! Hope you had an awesome day!

No news...just wanted to wish Lynne a happy birthday here on the lex. And maybe squee one more time about my new sweatshirt. Am I the most boring person on the planet or what? lol
Signature artwork by TammyAZ
michelle
Learning to Love Green

Post by michelle »

Hi guys and Happy Birthday Lynne! How was the cake? :)
I hope everything goes well with the promotion of The Heir.

Song, you didn’t scare me off! What Sarah said is true, I don’t post that often.
What happened to your son was so frustrating. Glad he got over it quickly.
It seems to me you are a talented family! How cute was your daughter up there? I couldn’t even recite a poem for the school celebrations (of less than 30 people) because of my self-consciousness :blush: . And how awesome to be able to share the books you love with your kids! I intend to give Twilight to my niece when she will grow up- in my spare time I even try to translate for her things from Stephenie’s page and the Lexicon, for future use!!!

Susie I saw your private message but I had no time to answer! From what I read you are really busy too, with Toastmasters and all. Good for you! :clap:

Sarah, sorry to hear that Seahawks lost… That's what my picture looked like, but I don't think that anyone got the meaning!!!! http://instagram.com/p/ycj26Sq6pE/?modal=true
Congrats for your 600th post though! Your life sounds pretty un-boring to me!! Working is good! Husband is goood! Reading is gooood! :D

Everything is under control (so far) here… I continue my twilight marathon –I am reading New Moon now – and I write down all my questions in order to ask Steph about them! I have this crazy gut feeling that sooner rather than later I am going to meet her! Here we have a saying: Those who hope die happy… which best describes a wild-goose chase situation!!! Yeah! :mrgreen:

Have you seen who the winners are for the twilight stories? I don’t know anyone who doesn’t like Alice’s character – personally I adore her – but three out of six plots are about her… And no Esme, no Rosalie and no Carlisle (apart from the one with Garrett). That was a bit disappointing but the point is that we will have the chance to see something after all, right?
Last edited by michelle on Thu Feb 12, 2015 5:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Hey there!

My birthday was really busy with lots of things but when I got to celebrate that was good. Hubby and Little Man gave me a Star Wars Encyclopedia and a book on Doctor Who characters (am I a geek or what?). My brother gave me a book called Mangled English. It's on the different ways we abuse the English language.
We went to Max Brenner's with my parents in the afternoon and they gave me a $30 iTunes gift card. I had what's called an Optimistic Trio, which had dark, milk and white chocolate in it. It was yum.
In the evening, our church group had organised a barbecue (not for my birthday, we had it just for a get together) and my MIL baked me a white chocolate and raspberry cheesecake. We had a lot of fun.
Today Little Man has someone else's birthday party to go to, then we'll go to my in-laws' place for the afternoon and dinner, where there will be more presents and cake!

Susan - thanks for the birthday wishes. And keep squeeing about your sweatshirt. it's fine.

Michelle - you know, there are a few questions I'd like to ask SM, like when did Alice order Bella's wedding dress and does Esme know Edward killed her ex-husband. There are probably a few more but that's all I can think of off the top of my head.
Susie
Frozen in Time

Post by Susie »

Hello Everyone!

Last night Hubs and I rented Boyhood. It was sooo good! It makes me think so much about life and how differently things seem when you look at the big picture through time. Have any of you seen the movie? It’s especially touching if you’re a parent.

Lynne
Happy Birthday! It sounds like you had a fabulous celebration. Really fun! Congrats on the rising sales of the Heir. Sorry about BookBub. It does sound like a lot of work to self-promote. Right now I’m still waiting to hear back from two agents. One has the entire manuscript and proposal and the other only has the first three chapters and proposal. Once those leads have dried up, I’ll have to reassess.

Sarah – Congrats on your 600+ posts! That’s dedication. Your life doesn’t sound boring, but if you really think it is, get involved in an organization. Something you that strikes your fancy. For me it’s public speaking or performing. There are also volunteer organizations that take people on a repeat schedule basis. You never know where it will lead. Maybe to a new career, new friends, or just more fun. I'm still waiting to hear back from a couple of agents on my book.

Susan – Downton Season 5 is on in the U.S. now. You got it before us—ours started at the beginning of January. There are no shocks equivalent to the Matthew exit back in season 3, are there? Yes, it would be fun to have Sonny Boy accompany us! Love your Ravenclaw hoodie! It’s the little things in life, right? Just imagine the poor people who have no sense of fun.

Michelle - I love your positive attitude about knowing that you’ll meet Stephenie someday. When I was skimming through the past few months of posts, I noticed that you commented on a positive thinking practice – can’t remember the name of it now, but I did google it then and thought – this is something I totally agree with! Something about how positive thoughts wield positive results and vice versa.

Sean – The kitties sound so cute! That’s quite an undertaking to care for feral cats like that. I’m sorry you continue to have health and wellness problems. Perhaps you should focus on getting a good sleep schedule, eating good nutrition and getting some exercise. If that’s in place, you’ll feel much better!

Tomorrow should be fairly relaxed. All I have to do it make something yummy for dinner!

Have a great week!
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

I haven't been feeling my best the past day or so. I was doing pretty good until my shoulder and neck started hurting yesterday, and I slept in last night/this morning.

I'll be taking a nap again soon, and then I'll just do the normal as far as looking up stuff. Also, our cats are doing well.

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
Songbird

Post by Songbird »

Hi all. I'm having a grumpy day. My husband confused the heck out of me with the bus schedule. They completely reworked the routes and times and I had no clue until Thursday when I needed to get Bug to GRID (musical theater) and he was running late so I was going to take her by bus instead of him taking her by car. We used to only have one bus that came through our neighborhood...the 25 bus came once every half hour and only went one way. It made a circle....it started at the train/bus station, went past a senior living place, then up through our neighborhood, around to the swimming pool, hospital, and shopping center, then to the station. Now we have the number 1 bus, which only goes once an hour. But it takes a different route. So I was trying to figure out how I would get to various places, as we always have had to take the 25 that only went one way. So I'm looking it up and hubs is trying to help and he finds a list of the stops for the line 1 that starts at the station. So I said that was great, and then to get home or to the station I just take the same line going the other direction. He says I can't. It doesn't go back the same way. So I asked how I would get to the station if I needed to, and I put it into this handy travel adviser thing and it said I needed to take the #1. But he just told me it doesn't GO to the station. He said "It never goes to the station after our house" and I said it would going the other way and he said no, it doesn't. He says I need to take the 23. But the 23 doesn't go during the day...it starts at 7:20 pm. So we find a map...the map only shows one line one...so I asked him to show me where it goes back a different way. He says it DOESN'T go back a different way. ??? But he just said it did and that I couldn't take the same line back the other way because it went a different route. I am so confused. I guess I'm just going to have to go to the bus stop and take a picture of the schedules and maps.

Lynne, glad your birthday was nice. I make the white chocolate raspberry cheesecake all the time, too, but I now leave out the raspberry bit because it's just too much work and I can't always get frozen raspberries.

Michelle, glad I didn't scare you away! I think it would be amazing to meet some of my favorite authors. I've often thought about what it would be like if we had a HH-con and invited Stephenie...if she would come or not, or if she would skype with us or something. That would be so cool!
I avoided the short stories thing...from what I understand it was fan fiction stories, right?

Susie, I don't know what season is on here...I watch via internet sites. There are so many shows that we don't get here at all...like Longmire, so I watch them online instead. I don't think anything COULD shock me more than Matthew in season 3!!! That almost made me stop watching.
And yes....definitely the little things in life!
Boyhood...I think I heard of that one and wanted to watch it, but don't know what it's about.
How many agents have you already been through for your book? Are these the first two or have you tried more?

Sean, I hope you feel better. It seems to be going around, no matter which part of the world you are in!
TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Hey everyone,

It's been a good weekend so far :) I cleaned a good chunk of Friday since I hadn't done any during the week and then had a friend over for a girls night. We watched How to Train Your Dragon 2, which was so cute..as good as the first one I think :)

Song-Boyhood has been nominated for a ton of awards here and it definitely looks intriguing. Sorry you had a bad day! That would be so frustrating. I love hearing about your kiddos, maybe because I don't have kids? I like your hoodie even though I haven't read HP.

Susie-Oh I keep busy that's for sure..but my day to day life of cleaning and reading, hanging out with Jason. I feel like it bores people haha. I love the fact that you keep so busy with your groups, like Toastmasters. It's inspiring to see :) I've been spending a lot of my free time with my parents, working with their puppy who is a big ball of energy, an 11 month old Golden Retriever named Luke.

Lynne-I've started reading Karen Kingsbury books on the recommendation of a friend..I started with a series about a college age girl who wants to be on Broadway and flew through the four books this week! It definitely helps my Goodreads goal since I'm trying to average about 8-9 books a month. If I do that, then I should hit 100 books by the end of the year.

I'm so glad to hear The Heir is selling, I bought my copy :) Did you hear that Jupiter Ascending bombed this weekend here? I don't know if that helps you or not..at least people won't accuse you of ripping them off?

Michelle-oh so that's what you meant! Makes so much sense now :) The loss is still bittersweet but it's okay. Good for you to continuing to read the Saga :)
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Morning all!

It's been an incredibly busy birthday weekend for me but it was good. Little Man went to a birthday party yesterday morning for one of his friends at school and then in the afternoon/evening we went to my in-laws' place. My MIL made me a white chocolate pistachio cake this time, which was lovely, and they gave me some books ends and some nice tea from a lovely tea shop.

Today I'm working for our business and taking my parents shopping for a lounge. That could be fraught with peril, as I imagine it will take them a while to agree on anything!

Susie - thanks for the birthday wishes. It was a good celebration, if busy. If you do miss out on an agent, you can join the throngs of authors who couldn't find one, like me! I wish I had some answers for you to give you an idea how to try some more but it's more difficult to find an agent than it is to get published.

Susan - yes, I'm a fan of white chocolate but the raspberry did make it nice. The pistachio one was good too. I'm sorry your husband gave you rotten directions! Sometimes they aren't clear, are they?

Sarah - Karen Kingsbury? I've heard of her but haven't read anything from her. I'll have to check them out. I'm reading a book called Dissonance at the moment, about a girl who hops between worlds. It's a bit confusing but okay at the moment.
Songbird

Post by Songbird »

I still have no news...well...I almost got run over on my way to work, but that's kind of par for the course when I ride my bike. I'm kind of like Bella...I tend to be a magnet for trouble. Not really news.