General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
ana;
Hanging Up on Jessica

Re: Breaking Dawn-I didn't like it

Post by ana; »

I was also kind of dissapointed with Breaking Dawn.

All of it seemed just over the top for me.

I felt like the characters changed WAY too much in just one book. After the wedding I couldn't really see what was so special between Bella and Edward, like the spark was gone. Sometimes I would get swept off my feet with some Edward/Bella moments, but it didn't happen that often.. So dull. Where was the love? The whole I'm crazy about you/you'll be the death of me thing from the first three books? Gone. Edward was so low-profile all the novel, he never stood-up for himself, for what he thought was best. He just let Bella do whatever she wanted. And Bella? In the wink of an eye she turned into this "mother" figure who at first didn't even believe in marriage. I was HUGELY annoyed by her behavior during the pregnancy. She was listening to the person that NEVER cared for her and was completely ignoring the feelings of her husband, who for the last three books, she loved more than anything.. or so I believed.

She changed so much, she was always so stubborn, and that was the big part of her. Now she was driving a Mercedes that she hated. I thought she would fight Edward a little more for giving her that fancy car.

The pregnancy. This completely surprised me, I was sad all the time when Bella thought about kids, and her future with Edward, something that seemed impossible. For me it's still impossible. I don't remember if she explained it, but aren't vampires frozen for life? How is it possible that Edward CAN get Bella pregnant? I thought everything stopped working on a vampire's body when you become one. But Edward is able to keep producing sperm in his body? (Sorry for the graphic comment, but it just doesn't make any sense).

They just got off too easily. Everything was perfect, no conflict. Bella survived perfectly, became the most civilized newborn ever, Charlie didn't ask ANY questions about the whole supernatural thing, no fight with the Volturi. I don't know, all too easy. All too cinderella story.

And the whole the wolves are not wolves?
That just wow, was unnecesary. Why change your mind after three books? After making us believe they are wolves, but no. They can be bears, pandas, koalas, whatever.

Im pointing out all these reasons why I disliked BD, but the first and most important thing is that there is no Bella and Edward. That died. There is no love, no nothing. And that was what Twilight, New Moon and Eclipse were about. Where was that romantic, old fashioned Edward I loved? And the clumsy, selfless, inlove teenager Bella? And all the love between them? SM killed that love in BD, and with that the whole final.

I seriously hope there's no BD movie.

Fairly dissapointed. 4/10
Tateyyy92
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Tateyyy92 »

*sorrrry*
Last edited by Tateyyy92 on Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Twilight= LIFE
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by holdingoutforjacob »

let me introduce all members who want to talk about how much they LIKED breaking dawn to the

"Breaking Dawn - I Liked It" thread.

please return to the page where you clicked on this and look for it. it's there.

death cannot stop true love, it can only delay it for a while...
irunwithvampires
Settled in Forks

Post by irunwithvampires »

Yes, please guys, this thread is only for people to discuss if they didn't like the book. Take it over to the other thread if you want to discuss how much you loved it. :?

I'm sorry, I don't remember who posted this but someone up above said how Bella didn't fight Edward as much for keeping her truck as she thought she would. That's exactly how I felt when I first read the first chapter. And it was such a light thing for me though, but I just remember reading that part about the new cell phone and credit card that I remember thinking in the back of my mind, wondering why Bella gave in so easily. I really thought that truck wouldn't go.

After you stated that, I guess it just kind of went from there. Mostly all the events in the book were so far from the tone of the other three books. Just mostly everything didn't seem believable from all that we've learned from the previous books. They were like a learning experience, getting us ready for the final end, and in the end, nothing seemed to add up. :?
ana;
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by ana; »

And when she goes to the guy for the fake documents, and she acts kinf of seductively and with so much confidence.

That's simply not Bella.
Jane V
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Jane V »

Bella didn't act anything like her normal self throughout Breaking Dawn. it really sucked in that respect.

i mean, i know she's a vampire, but COME ON. that doesn't mean you give up your human personality. or at least you shouldn't. none of the other characters seemed to. and the whole J. Jenks thing. i found that very random and unnecessary. why didn't anyone mention him before?

and i know SM was just trying to make a point about how beautiful Bella now was, but honestly? No. seductiveness is really not Bella's style. or at least i didn't think it was :?
"quite a pity how things turned out, isn't it?" -Jane, Eclipse

something you didn't know about the Volturi:
Felix has a medical condition. it's called Obsessive Winking Disorder. don't tell him i told you
Metal_Gear_Shanni
Settled in Forks

Post by Metal_Gear_Shanni »

Ok.

This is my first EVER post on here. Usually I just remain the polite wall flower, reading these strange posts but never taking part in any serious discussion. But when it comes to this topic I can't idly sit back and keep my opinion all to my self.

Breaking Dawn. The title itself was enough cause for my concern. Breaking Dawn? I mean honestly every other title has taken place when the sky is darkening, we all should have known that this book would have been exactly the opposite of everything we have come to love about the Twilight TRILOGY ( BREAKING DAWN DOES NOT COUNT) just by the title. I was even joking with other twilight fans that 'maybe the next book will be completely different because this title has to do with daylight', yeah well looks like I called it early.

I am also very happy to know that I am not the only one that almost had a heart attack upon finding Bella was PREGO! I mean come on Stephanie, really? You couldn't have thought of anything better? I don't know what the hell was wrong with Stephanie during the writing of this book or if she even wrote it because it is so far out there.

At least one thing was kept the same. Edward was a complete tool. I have been a Jacob fan ever since reading Eclipse. I remember countless arguments about how Edward didn't know Bella at all if he thought leaving was the right thing to do, even if he did come back in the end. Well it looks like once again I was right. Edward asks Jacob to have SEX with Bella in order to get her pregnant?.... WHAT?!?! This is a TEEN NOVEL still right? Either Stephanie has gone mad or the youth of today has gotten so numb that barley 18 pregnancy is considered ok with a man other than your husband. I mean MY GOD WOMAN! Where did you come up with this stuff? Did you just sit down one evening and try to think up all of the different things you could put in breaking dawn to completely piss every one of us off?

But you know what even all of this was forgivable, I was willing to look past all of the sex and out of character behavior until one little thing happened. I think you all know what I am talking about.

NESSIE!!! (Que the don..don...DON!!!!)

What the hell was THAT?! A child/monster/gross thing comes out of our BELLA?! WH-WH- WHHHAAAAA. Bella almost dies to give birth to some freak of nature X-MEN looking baby, because out of no where the girl who does not even want to marry the 'vamp of her dreams' suddenly and without warning wants to give birth to some Roswell area 51 science project?

NO STEPHANIE! NO NO NO! BAD AUTHOR!

Seriously if anyone who has actually taken the time to READ the other books you would not have bought one ounce of this crap.

And JACOB. MY JACOB IMPRINTING ON X MEN BABY?! W-W-WHHAATTT?! THIS ENTIRE BOOK WAS A SERIES OF STUPIDITY AND RANDOMNESS.

Oh and BTW I JUST LOVED THE 300 PAGE ENDING WHERE NO ONE DIED! The Volturi was so unnecessary. This story would have been awesome if the volturi would have killed mommy Bella, Tool Edward and X MEN baby. At least I would have had some sort of satisfaction or at best a logical ending.

BOTTOM LINE----

STEPHANIE you should have taken the time to end this TRILOGY on a better note. You have no idea how many fans you will lose over this. I am not even excited about this movie anymore. You may have written 3 awesome books but the crappiness of this 4th one will over shadow the success of the other's. You and Christopher Paolini should make a 'None of our Readers Like Us Anymore' club. Yeah maybe you two can release a book where Bella and Edward get eaten alive by Saphira and then POOP them both out all over Eragon. Who knows maybe Fox will buy the rights and make a 45 minute movie about it.
ana;
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by ana; »

Metal_Gear_Shanni wrote:Ok.

This is my first EVER post on here. Usually I just remain the polite wall flower, reading these strange posts but never taking part in any serious discussion. But when it comes to this topic I can't idly sit back and keep my opinion all to my self.

Breaking Dawn. The title itself was enough cause for my concern. Breaking Dawn? I mean honestly every other title has taken place when the sky is darkening, we all should have known that this book would have been exactly the opposite of everything we have come to love about the Twilight TRILOGY ( BREAKING DAWN DOES NOT COUNT) just by the title. I was even joking with other twilight fans that 'maybe the next book will be completely different because this title has to do with daylight', yeah well looks like I called it early.

I am also very happy to know that I am not the only one that almost had a heart attack upon finding Bella was PREGO! I mean come on Stephanie, really? You couldn't have thought of anything better? I don't know what the hell was wrong with Stephanie during the writing of this book or if she even wrote it because it is so far out there.

At least one thing was kept the same. Edward was a complete tool. I have been a Jacob fan ever since reading Eclipse. I remember countless arguments about how Edward didn't know Bella at all if he thought leaving was the right thing to do, even if he did come back in the end. Well it looks like once again I was right. Edward asks Jacob to have SEX with Bella in order to get her pregnant?.... WHAT?!?! This is a TEEN NOVEL still right? Either Stephanie has gone mad or the youth of today has gotten so numb that barley 18 pregnancy is considered ok with a man other than your husband. I mean MY GOD WOMAN! Where did you come up with this stuff? Did you just sit down one evening and try to think up all of the different things you could put in breaking dawn to completely piss every one of us off?

But you know what even all of this was forgivable, I was willing to look past all of the sex and out of character behavior until one little thing happened. I think you all know what I am talking about.

NESSIE!!! (Que the don..don...DON!!!!)

What the hell was THAT?! A child/monster/gross thing comes out of our BELLA?! WH-WH- WHHHAAAAA. Bella almost dies to give birth to some freak of nature X-MEN looking baby, because out of no where the girl who does not even want to marry the 'vamp of her dreams' suddenly and without warning wants to give birth to some Roswell area 51 science project?

NO STEPHANIE! NO NO NO! BAD AUTHOR!

Seriously if anyone who has actually taken the time to READ the other books you would not have bought one ounce of this crap.

And JACOB. MY JACOB IMPRINTING ON X MEN BABY?! W-W-WHHAATTT?! THIS ENTIRE BOOK WAS A SERIES OF STUPIDITY AND RANDOMNESS.

Oh and BTW I JUST LOVED THE 300 PAGE ENDING WHERE NO ONE DIED! The Volturi was so unnecessary. This story would have been awesome if the volturi would have killed mommy Bella, Tool Edward and X MEN baby. At least I would have had some sort of satisfaction or at best a logical ending.

BOTTOM LINE----

STEPHANIE you should have taken the time to end this TRILOGY on a better note. You have no idea how many fans you will lose over this. I am not even excited about this movie anymore. You may have written 3 awesome books but the crappiness of this 4th one will over shadow the success of the other's. You and Christopher Paolini should make a 'None of our Readers Like Us Anymore' club. Yeah maybe you two can release a book where Bella and Edward get eaten alive by Saphira and then POOP them both out all over Eragon. Who knows maybe Fox will buy the rights and make a 45 minute movie about it.
i literally peed my pants.

hahaha.

you know, i have respect for any writer that's able to pull a 500 page novel and caught my attention, i love wiriting, i start stories, but just never finish them. it takes a lot to be a writer.

but, it's a little dissapointing, that after three books, i had to read Breaking Dawn, and completely die.
i don't know if she was rushed to publish it, or if she just went LOCA, or possessed. it wasn't her writing at all, not what i read in the other 3 books.
Metal_Gear_Shanni
Settled in Forks

Post by Metal_Gear_Shanni »

Ok and I know I am not technically suppose to post on here again or whatever but I just had to say this.

What was the deal with Rosalie?

She was so FREAKY. They way she didn't even care about Bella she just wanted little Loch Ness Monster face all to herself. And of course no one has a problem with this? Oh my GAWD! I can't believe there are people who actually liked Breaking Dawn after reading that. I was so creeped out by the whole disgusting pregnancy/Rosalie behavior/Edward being a tool that I felt like Bella wasn't even staying at the Cullen's house, more like that hospital warehouse place from HOSTEL. I was waiting for Rosalie to strap Bella to a chair or something.

If you seriously liked Breaking Dawn you need to go seek some professional mental help. I am so over the twilight series right now.
Amivera
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Amivera »

ana; wrote: you know, i have respect for any writer that's able to pull a 500 page novel and caught my attention, i love wiriting, i start stories, but just never finish them. it takes a lot to be a writer.
I used to as well. I have the same problem— halfway through a novel (the furthest I've ever gotten), I suddenly lost all inspiration. After three months of trying to write for it again, I just gave up.

I used to really respect authors who could pull off an entire novel, but you know what?
NOT SO MUCH NOW, SMEYER!

An author who sits down and types it all up in three months:
-main characters with no personality
-no plot
-useless fluff
-a thesaurus that has been thoroughly RAPED (can you say ADJECTIVE OVERLOAD?!)
-a completely copied, overdone storyline
-Mary Sue's and Gary Stu's

If that's what it comes down to, I don't want to finish my novel. I want a real story like The Kite Runner. I want a story with characters who ruin their lives, who have flaws— not this out-of-my-Why are we talking about a donkey? Happy Ending. :evil:

I know Breaking Dawn incorporated a lot of what was in Forever Dawn, but that was written BEFORE New Moon and Eclipse, which means that it just didn't fit.
Blackwater. <3

potterpuff @ lj