A Chapter By Chapter Discussion of Twilight

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Kymberli
Hanging Up on Jessica

Re: Chapter 12 - Balancing

Post by Kymberli »

1. What are Billy and Jacob's feelings towards Bella?I think that Jacob want to be more than just a friend. Billy thinks of her as his best friends daughter and wants her to well, but I think that he begins to worry about being with a vamp

2. Charlie says he's aware that he leaves Bella alone too often, and Bella responds that she doesn't mind beign alone. She further adds that she's a lot like Charlie. In what ways do you see them as being alike?The both like to have their alone time. both are shy

3. Edward's questions continue and today he asks Bella about people: family and boyfriends. Why did he save those questions for the second day of questioning?I think he was trying to warm her up. If you jump into the deep question to soon then he might push her away.

4. Why do yo think Edward wrote the words "Be Safe".We all know that Bella is a magnet for danger. Edward feels like he is her protector and since he won't be there, he wants her to know that he is thinking of her and wants her to be safe.
'twahy-lahyt'
Lusting for Blood

Post by 'twahy-lahyt' »

1. What are Billy and Jacob's feelings towards Bella?
Billy is worried that Bella is going to get hurt, because of all the time that Edward and Bella are spending together.

I think Jacob has a really big crush on Bella.

2. Charlie says he's aware that he leaves Bella alone too often, and Bella responds that she doesn't mind beign alone. She further adds that she's a lot like Charlie. In what ways do you see them as being alike?
They both care for each other, but don't like to show it. I also think that they are both comfortable and content to sit in silence and not feel the need to fill it with conversation.

3. Edward's questions continue and today he asks Bella about people: family and boyfriends. Why did he save those questions for the second day of questioning?
Because family and boyfriends are more personal, and he probably didn't want to scare her off.

4. Why do yo think Edward wrote the words "Be Safe".
SWOON!!! :) I thought that it was utterly sweet, and loving. It put the biggest smile on my face.
MissMagnolia
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by MissMagnolia »

I think Billy is concerned for her because he is Charlie's daughter. Jacob has a huge crush on her.
2. Charlie says he's aware that he leaves Bella alone too often, and Bella responds that she doesn't mind being alone. She further adds that she's a lot like Charlie. In what ways do you see them as being alike?
They both have two left feet and don't really like big crowds and attention.
3. Edward's questions continue and today he asks Bella about people: family and boyfriends. Why did he save those questions for the second day of questioning?
I think because they are more personal questions.
He wants her to stay out of harms way because she is a magnet for trouble. He would go insane if he lost her.
*TwilightIsMyDrug*
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by *TwilightIsMyDrug* »

Jacob is totally crushin' Bella and Billy is flat out worried to heck about her.
[
b]2. Charlie says he's aware that he leaves Bella alone too often, and Bella responds that she doesn't mind beign alone. She further adds that she's a lot like Charlie. In what ways do you see them as being alike?[/b]
Both a little bit of a loner, fend for themselves, clumsy and down to earth sort of people.

I think he wanted to get to know the other things first and get comfortable with her before moving on to the more "Serious" types of questions.

4. Why do yo think Edward wrote the words "Be Safe"
For obvious reasons, she's a clutz and he knows it ;-) And he really does want her to BE SAFE!
"You don't know how long I've waited for you."
Team Edward
ashiekins16
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by ashiekins16 »

Billy is worried because he's seen Bella with 'the vampire" and Jacob just has a major crush on Bella.

2. Charlie says he's aware that he leaves Bella alone too often, and Bella responds that she doesn't mind being alone. She further adds that she's a lot like Charlie. In what ways do you see them as being alike?
They don't like the attention, they are both able to sit in silence and be okay with it.

Its more personal.

He cares for her of course! And he knows shes clumsy!
Randomness Regular since #7 E<3B
Team Bill...er, no Eric..no Bill.. :)
lag28wa
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by lag28wa »

I think Jacob has a crush on Bella. He knows he's much younger than her, but he talks to her in a way like he always trying to please her, do something to make her happy. I think this is why he told her about the Cullen's, because its what she wanted. Billy seems to be a little cautious around Bella now that he know's she hangs out with Edward. He seems like a guardian but he is a "no exceptions" kind of person, he thinks Edward is bad, no matter what Bella's feelings are. I think he thinks she is being naive/foolish/immature regarding the Cullen's since he feels they are dangerous.

2. Charlie says he's aware that he leaves Bella alone too often, and Bella responds that she doesn't mind beign alone. She further adds that she's a lot like Charlie. In what ways do you see them as being alike?
Neither of them mind being alone, and independent. I think her sense of humor is similar to Charlies. She is sarcastic and likes to avoid confrontation/serious issues, at least until she meets Edward. They both have routines that they like- until Edward comes along of course.

I'm not sure, I just figured that he had so many questions he ran out of time, which he did, it didn't occur to me that might be asking questions in some sort of order. I guess questions about people/relationships in her life a little more personal, so maybe he wanted to see how she would react to the more superficial questions first.

I think it has a double meaning, it is almost warning her about himself again. Like if she were to truly be safe, she wouldn't be alone with him in Saturday. I also think it is just a general be safe, he knows that she seems to get into trouble and the more he cares for her the harder it is for him to think about something bad happening to her.
It is not length of life, but depth of life---Ralph Waldo Emerson
Banner by emaleth @ Vesparium
corinnejca
Wandering Through Town

Post by corinnejca »

I think once Billy saw that Bella was getting involved with Edward, he became instantly worried about her and saw it as his responsibility to make sure that she is safe, which to him meant that she should cut off all contact with Edward. I think he sees himself as a protector against the vampires because of the treaty that Ephraim Black made with the Cullens. I think Jacob is already falling for Bella, and is probably disappointed to see that Bella is getting close to someone else. Jealous also, but he doesn't really show it yet.

They both are relatively quiet and keep to themselves most of the time. They both have balance issues and hate dancing. They both have trouble talking about their feelings or uncomfortable things and showing and accepting affection.

I think he probably saved the questions about the people in Bella's life because they are much more complex answers than Bella's favorite color. They are complex people that have complex relationships with Bella that involve Bella being more open and talkative. It's a good strategy to open her up a little first by asking her about trivial parts of her life (though he doesn't see anything in her life as trivial, except maybe her stupid friends) before starting to ask her complex questions about the people in her life.

4. Why do you think Edward wrote the words "Be Safe".

Because he is intensely worried about her 24 hours of the day (literally), 7 days a week, and he is going to have to be away from her to go hunt, with no one to watch her constantly. I think he wants her to make an honest effort to stay away from danger while he is gone. lag28wa said something interesting that I didn't think myself, but is also probably true.
lag28wa wrote:I think it has a double meaning, it is almost warning her about himself again. Like if she were to truly be safe, she wouldn't be alone with him in Saturday.
It was his last plea for her to stay away from him.
BreathelessVampire
Fishing with Charlie

Post by BreathelessVampire »

He knows that Bella is a magnet for danger. One day without Edward would get her into loads of problems and falls.
Team Edward. Team Jasper. Team Alice. Team Emmett
Because they are just plain sexy.

Trainee at Emmett's Demolition Crew

Member of Donating Blood To Jasper&Co.
Twilove
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Twilove »

well im sure that Bella is almost like a daughter to Billy him and Charlie are like best buds so he was worried and the fact that he knew what the Cullens were didnt help either and Jacob was just infatuated with her

Well there both a lot more down to earth than Renee is Bella is more of a homebody like Charlie she would rather saty in one place with the people she loves than go everywere and Bela didnt mind being alone until Edward showed up

probely because those are more personal and it takes more than a one word answer so he asked the easy stuff first

Because Bella needs to do just that its a danger for her to walk outside without Edward by here side
EllaMinnowPee
Settled in Forks

Post by EllaMinnowPee »

Alphie wrote:1. What are Billy and Jacob's feelings towards Bella?

Shouldn't Billy know the Cullen's secret? Or at least, believe the legend? So of course Billy is concerned for Bella. And Jacob has a crush on Bella, of course.

They are both independent and introverted, they both hate attention and they hate people making a fuss over them. They both care about others more than they care about themselves.

Edward is broadening his questions. First he wanted to know about Bella herself, now he wants to know about the people who influenced how she became the person she is now.

I think he meant it on two levels: First, a normal warning. Wear your seatbelt, watch where you're going, look both ways before crossing the street, etc. But he was also warning her to be safe on a deeper level as well- to protect herself from him.