Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Ellie Ibis
Buying a Better Raincoat

Re: The Ending?

Post by Ellie Ibis »

Amivera wrote:
Ellie Ibis wrote: At the same time, though, I really don't want sequels, and if SMeyer was setting up for that, I'd rather she have just left the book chopped off at the end. (Or, you know, just not write sequels)
I'm personally looking forward to a sequel because I'm hoping it will be something involving the epic regaining of Earth for the humans, the real humans.

... I dunno, I have this thing for post-apocalyptic literature. I can never get enough of it.
the cops & the kids & the cats & the robbers
& the stolen moments from the out of tune guitars
Phoenix
Settled in Forks

Post by Phoenix »

OH MY GOD.
I just finished reading the Host.
I LOVED IT. LOVED IT loed it loved it!!
The ending was amzinging!
unexpected I think. I thought we would get a description of an "afterlife" for Wanda.. I didn't think doc would break his promise. At the final chapter where Wanda was going under the knife I was HYSTERICAl with tears. D=
I think without the New body ending I would have become sick with greif.

I love Ian ! The main reason I loved the ending was for ian's sake. I loved him pretty much the whole way through (when he started to be friendly of course). I think that Ian and Wanderer will have a really good relationship- just like Mel and Jared. Those feeling are just lingering memories I think. Ian and Wandas love fore each other and Mel and Jareds love with rise above the memories =]

LOVE THIS BOOK <3 ^_^
Jasper<3
you wish he loved you
Phoenix
Settled in Forks

Post by Phoenix »

lee7 wrote:I loved the ending of the host. what happened with wanda and mel becoming there own person so mel could be with jared and wanda with ian! i didnt really exspect this to happen so i was exstatic when it really did!! the very last part were they were on a raid and thought they were caught by seekers, and it turned out to be more humans that was so cool! i def. didnt see that comming at all! loved the ending! hope to see more to the series :]~
I agree! I loved the ending too. I was so consumed with greif because I just couldnt think of a way for wanda and Ian to be together, without her having to be a "parasite". Looking back I guess that was kind of an obvious plot idea, but Stephenie seems to have this way of completely drawing you in to the character and forgetting everything else.
Although I wouldn't like the host to have a sequel! I think it would ruin the ending.
Jasper<3
you wish he loved you
BerAngelVamp
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by BerAngelVamp »

the part where wanda "died", or we thought she died, i actually cried! i just didn't want to believe that someone as good as wanda had left. i'm glad she came back as pet, but it was weird....i was as mad as her at first b/c she didn't want to be a parasite anymore...i had to read the kidnapping part (where they picked pet up) twice before i got it though, it threw me off a bit. good ending though. :)
~Amber
Twilight_Perfection
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by Twilight_Perfection »

I was not expecting it to happen at all, although, once Wanda had decided to die, I was like, GET A NEW BODY! haha. But then in the Tribunal when she had said "I don't want to be a parasite anymore.." I was just thinking a well, this blows.. LOL. I mean I had a feeling there was going to be a "catch", but I wasn't expecting this.

jacobrox
Settled in Forks

Post by jacobrox »

The ending was a real disappointment to me. It doesn't solve anything that Wanda is in a new body!! She is still a parasite!! I mean, yes, I feel for her, but really!! The Twilight series seemed so much more dramatic than the Host because I never really saw the true love between Ian and Wanda!! Why would she give up soooo much just to be with him?!?! What is so great about Ian?!? And how the heck can Melanie just walk around with Wanda and be all cool with it? Like "hey, you were in my head last week. what's up?" It's just weird!! But, yeah, Wanda is put in a weird position. She doesn't want to seem like she's betraying her people, yet she is in love with a human and the human race! But she has to learn that she has to choose. And she is siding with her people by staying in someone's body!! She should have come forth to her people, in the form of that little twinkie she just switched in to and say "this is bad! you have to stop the invasion! the humans are smarter and more able to defeat us than any other species we've dealt with! we have to flee!" She could've changed everything!! But no, selfish Wanderer chooses love over saving everyone's butts. What is it with all the true love?? Can't a heroine be successful WITHOUT falling in love????? I mean, come on, Melanie!! You're so tough and strong and smart and powerful, so they just HAVE to throw Jared in there to weaken you and dumb you down and mess you up!! Come on, Stephanie!!! MAKE A POWERFUL FEMALE CHARACTER WHO DOESN"T FALL IN LOVE!!!!!!!!!!
-imwiththewerewolf-
*Wanderer*
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by *Wanderer* »

jacobrox wrote:...But no, selfish Wanderer chooses love over saving everyone's butts. What is it with all the true love?? Can't a heroine be successful WITHOUT falling in love????? I mean, come on, Melanie!! You're so tough and strong and smart and powerful, so they just HAVE to throw Jared in there to weaken you and dumb you down and mess you up!! Come on, Stephanie!!! MAKE A POWERFUL FEMALE CHARACTER WHO DOESN"T FALL IN LOVE!!!!!!!!!!
I totally respect your opinion, jacobrox, but I really think that love is one of the main points for this book. Can't female characters still be strong and powerful even though they've fallen in love? Love is what makes the world go round (I know, I know, I sound like a tree-huggin' hippie.)

I know I'm really young and I've never fallen in love before, but what I've heard from other people who have fallen in love is that it totally turns their world upside-down!! They would do anything for their love! (Like how Bella would do anything, including sacrifice herself, to save Edward or Renesmee.)

Because Wanderer and Melanie fell in love is one of the reasons why I think they are strong and powerful characters!

And it wasn't just for romantic love that Wanderer did all the things she did for. But for so many different kinds of love. Like motherly love, brotherly love, sisterly love, love for your community, love for your friends, etc. (Yeah, definitely soundin like a tree-huggin' hippie. :roll: )

Maybe I'm just a hopeless romantic, or maybe I'm just crazy, but that's what I honestly think. So if you don't enjoy reading about those kinds of characters, I suggest that you don't read Stephenie Meyer's books.

Love,
*Wanderer*

p.s. wow, i didn't notice how many times I used the word "love" in this post. heheh
p.p.s. sorry this post is so long! but I can get really into ranting and raving about my ideas :oops:
Last edited by *Wanderer* on Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
*Wanderer*
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by *Wanderer* »

Wow, sorry! I just realized that I got so into my above opinion that I never really got to the point about how I feel about the ending.

I agree with the people who say that it would've been great and much more dramatic if Wanderer wasn't put into Pet's body and it just ended with the three blank pages. It definitely would've went more with the message of the book, I guess. But I also think I like it both ways. (I'm a sucker for happy endings :D)
And I was, like, B-A-W-L-I-N-G towards the end. More than I did in New Moon! Who else cried?

About a sequel, I feel that there doesn't need to be one. It's perfect without a sequel and it leaves an opening for us readers to really think about. But if Stephenie decides to make a sequel, will I read it?

Heck yeah I will! I'm too obsessed with The Host not to!

Love,
*Wanderer*
Last edited by *Wanderer* on Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:18 am, edited 2 times in total.
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by navarre »

Please forgive me for asking this in what is probably the wrong thread - I did not know where to ask.

Is the Host worth buying? I have not read it yet, and it looked really great.

Let me know, Thanks! :)
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict
Amivera
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Amivera »

You should get it, Navarre, but you'll have to trudge through the first nine chapters. Once you reach the main plot, however, it'll be pretty hard to put down. Just remember not to think about spousal abuse or misogyny, though, or it'll completely ruin the experience.

:)
Blackwater. <3

potterpuff @ lj