Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
tearsoftopaz
Buying a Better Raincoat

Re: Edward Cullen #2

Post by tearsoftopaz »

as much as I'd love to read/know more about Edward and his past, I think it is kind of nice to imagine what he was like. but it's not like we don't have enough to imagine: only the rest of Edward and Bella's eternity together!!!

"Forever and forever and forever..."
Jazziscool
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Jazziscool »

KaseyHeartEdward wrote:So very true! I wish i knew what Edward was like when he was human. How was he with his parents, what kind of friends did he have? What was his favortie thing about being human?

This information would be so amazing.

:D I totally agree. Especially with the friends part. Did he have obnoxious, rich friends(not that rich people are not friendly) like some of Rosalies' or modest, kind friends?

Trainee of the EDC, Inc.
Supervisor of the DBJ:Donating Blood to Jasper & Co.
Destani
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by Destani »

holdingoutforjacob wrote:sometimes edward seems really self-absorbed. like, sometimes it seems as though he doesn't care about the feelings of others at all, or almost that he feels like others don't feel, and if they do, it could be nothing compared to him, since they are "only" human.
I think his mind reading ability is partially to blame for that. He's heard the inner workings of both human and vampire minds while they are in relationships and supposedly he's noticed a difference that leads him to believe that humans don't feel as deeply. He applies that belief to Bella erroneously because he can't get in her mind and see just how much she is capable of feeling. In a way, he's stereotyping humans.

I know he had the best intentions when he left Bella, but he seriously misjudged her in that moment. Like everybody, Edward makes mistakes and this was one of them. I still love him though.
Images courtesy of: http://robbuz.deviantart.com/
dazzle_me-xx
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by dazzle_me-xx »

martina wrote:that would make an interesting book- Edward as a human
*side note* Uhgggggg! I wish I could read the rest of rising sun! It was just getting to my favorite part
Rising sun? Do you mean Midnight Sun?

martina
Settled in Forks

Post by martina »

yup! I meant midnight sun, but I had a blonde moment... And thus rising sun was typed......
Ok that was strange
urcoolcarrie
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Post by urcoolcarrie »

^haha. youre good. i have those all the time. :)

Edward leaving absolutely tore me apart. I literally felt like Bella, like my life had ended, but Jacob didn't help me. I needed Edward. For about half of the book, I hated Edward for doing what he did. He left Bella when he knew she loved him, and that angered me. But after I got a ways into the book, I realized that no matter what he did, I would always love him. I still thought that what he did was wrong, but I couldn't ignore the fact that I still thought of him as a perfect, loving person. Then, when the end came, and he was telling Bella that what he said was a lie, and that he only wanted to protect her, I broke down and cried. It felt so good to know that Edward did not mean to hurt Bella, and that he still loved her.

Needless to say, I have always loved Edward, even during those hard times. I forgave him completely after what he did in New Moon, because I can see what he was trying to do when he left.
HR Manager of EDC::Proud Klutzer::Midnight Sun Virgin
twilight813
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by twilight813 »

i think i understand why Edward left Bella but not exactly. If he knew he could protect her (which he did know how to) I dont understand why he had to leave. He obviously knew that she wanted to be with him and that she wouldnt change her mind about being a vampire, it just made me so upset that he left the way he did. Not only did he hurt her through the words he was saying, but he left her in the WOODS!! Come on now.. maybe he could have done it in her bedroom where she was safe! I think thats why I was so upset with him up until the chapter Volturra. For a minute there I was kind of routing for Jacob, but when Edward was back in the story I realized he loved Bella. ANother thing that bothers me is that he was explaining how lost he was and that he had nothing to live for... if he felt that way why didnt he think that Bella was feeling the same or worse than he was?? I would love NEW MOON in his perspective.
Avi by Shel
Sisterhood of the Traveling Book
GM of Wingtears Non Veggie Vamp Cafe Member of Wingtears High Council
Gen Y Thread is <3
Kachiti
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Kachiti »

twilight813 wrote:i think i understand why Edward left Bella but not exactly. If he knew he could protect her (which he did know how to) I dont understand why he had to leave. He obviously knew that she wanted to be with him and that she wouldnt change her mind about being a vampire, it just made me so upset that he left the way he did. Not only did he hurt her through the words he was saying, but he left her in the WOODS!! Come on now.. maybe he could have done it in her bedroom where she was safe! I think thats why I was so upset with him up until the chapter Volturra. For a minute there I was kind of routing for Jacob, but when Edward was back in the story I realized he loved Bella. ANother thing that bothers me is that he was explaining how lost he was and that he had nothing to live for... if he felt that way why didnt he think that Bella was feeling the same or worse than he was?? I would love NEW MOON in his perspective.

Because as it has been stated he didn't think that Bella feelings for him where that strong.
KaseyHeartEdward wrote: So very true! I wish i knew what Edward was like when he was human. How was he with his parents, what kind of friends did he have? What was his favortie thing about being human?

This information would be so amazing.
I so agree with you.

Did anyone noticed that Rosalie and Carlisle are the only ones who SM detailed their human lives in the book. Even though Edward memories of his human life are foggy, still there could have been more information.
twilight813 wrote:I would love NEW MOON in his perspective.
I don't know that would be a pretty dark book.
Last edited by Kachiti on Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Frustrated love has been the incentive for many great works.
twilight813
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by twilight813 »

Exactly.. I think people want to know what was going on the whole time he was by himself. What his thought processes where, what he was doing and how he was feeling. What made him decide to go to the Volturi ( i know thats mentioned in NM but to hear from his side). Even though it would be dark, i still think that it would give us a lot of information we dont know.
Avi by Shel
Sisterhood of the Traveling Book
GM of Wingtears Non Veggie Vamp Cafe Member of Wingtears High Council
Gen Y Thread is <3
Kachiti
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Kachiti »

twilight813 wrote:Exactly.. I think people want to know what was going on the whole time he was by himself. What his thought processes where, what he was doing and how he was feeling. What made him decide to go to the Volturi ( i know thats mentioned in NM but to hear from his side). Even though it would be dark, i still think that it would give us a lot of information we dont know.
I'm worried that it would be depressingly dark.
Frustrated love has been the incentive for many great works.