Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
twilight813
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Re: Edward Cullen #2

Post by twilight813 »

Kachiti wrote:
twilight813 wrote:Exactly.. I think people want to know what was going on the whole time he was by himself. What his thought processes where, what he was doing and how he was feeling. What made him decide to go to the Volturi ( i know thats mentioned in NM but to hear from his side). Even though it would be dark, i still think that it would give us a lot of information we dont know.
I'm worried that it would be depressingly dark.

yea but if you think about it.. Bella's experience is very dark as well. Gaping holes and burning edges.. thats pretty deep. And I think that maybe if we read Edwards point of view, then it would give us a different perspective as to why he did what he did. He talks about his soul being lost, well how did that actually feel to him? Bella said it was like she died, did he feel the same way? I just feel there are so many unanswered questions revolving around New Moon. And what about all the rest of the Cullens? If we got Edwards perspective we would know what they were up too and how they felt about the whole situation. Most of them loved Bella like she was part of the family, they must have went through some kind of turmoil when she wasnt around anymore. I just think it would be an interesting thing to read about.
Avi by Shel
Sisterhood of the Traveling Book
GM of Wingtears Non Veggie Vamp Cafe Member of Wingtears High Council
Gen Y Thread is <3
jess_marie
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by jess_marie »

I agree.

I think it would be extremely interesting to read Edward's point of view throughout his trip away from Bella.
It's so hard for me to read NM because I've been through exactly what he put her through... someone leaving me to save me from them... and it's so hard. Everything she described was dead on.
I just want to know what was going through Edward's mind.. his thoughts... everything.
Even though they're fictional characters, people do insane things when they're in love.

TEAM EDWARD
because vampires sparkle, duh.
Kachiti
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Kachiti »

twilight813 wrote:
yea but if you think about it.. Bella's experience is very dark as well. Gaping holes and burning edges.. thats pretty deep. And I think that maybe if we read Edwards point of view, then it would give us a different perspective as to why he did what he did. He talks about his soul being lost, well how did that actually feel to him? Bella said it was like she died, did he feel the same way? I just feel there are so many unanswered questions revolving around New Moon. And what about all the rest of the Cullens? If we got Edwards perspective we would know what they were up too and how they felt about the whole situation. Most of them loved Bella like she was part of the family, they must have went through some kind of turmoil when she wasnt around anymore. I just think it would be an interesting thing to read about.
Don't get me wrong. I am just as curious but maybe it could be told from Alice pov mainly so that there is some kind of balance.
Frustrated love has been the incentive for many great works.
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by holdingoutforjacob »

i think having it from alice's point of view would be great!

it's like in BD, having the pregnancy from bella's POV would be EXTREMELY one-sided. part of getting a real sense of what's going on in a novel like this is really to throw out the character's perceptions and form your own sometimes, and that's often easier to do when you see things from the POV of a character who is involved in a high drama situation but not the center of it.

death cannot stop true love, it can only delay it for a while...
twilight813
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by twilight813 »

Kachiti wrote:
twilight813 wrote:
Don't get me wrong. I am just as curious but maybe it could be told from Alice pov mainly so that there is some kind of balance.

I agree I think that would be great. Her POV might be a little biased since Edward is her brother, but I think it wouldnt be as one sided if it came from Edwards point of view.
Avi by Shel
Gen Y Thread is <3
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by navarre »

As much as we wish for Edward's POV, that ain't goin' to happen. SM said it would be too traumatic to do that. His choice to leave her for her own protection, again, showed how overdramatic he was and how this almost cost him EVERYTHING!! He certainly underestimated Bella's deep love for him when he truly believed she would be able to go on with her life. Yes, even she felt she probably could, but her heart was his and his heart belonged to her - when she stated late in NM that the bond forged between them could not be broken by neither time, space or distance, and that just as she would always belong to him, her would always belong to her.

When Edward basically 'pulled himself into a ball and let the misery/agony to overtake him, I feel he really came full circle to just how deeply changed he was forever. What killed me was when he said to her in her bedroom that he could not believe that she would believe his lies to her - that she should have been aware that he was lying after he had told her so many times how much he loved her. I thought "WHAT!!??" I don't think so Edward - Bella had a hard enough time believing someone as beautiful as you could actually love her, she was fragile anyway in her self-esteem, and you could think that?

I know, actually both of them had a hard enough time believing the other could really love the other because how Edward saw himself and how Bella saw herself - what a vicious circle. Anyway, his declaration in her bedroom after they returned from Volterra and her epiphany later outside of his house, wrapped up any questions of each others love for the other. That book wore my butt out!

Then along came Eclipse and all of that mess with a three-way heart break. Man, was I glad BD came along and gave me my happy ending!! I needed it. :D ;)
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict
Amivera
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Amivera »

twilight813 wrote:
Kachiti wrote: Don't get me wrong. I am just as curious but maybe it could be told from Alice pov mainly so that there is some kind of balance.
I agree I think that would be great. Her POV might be a little biased since Edward is her brother, but I think it wouldnt be as one sided if it came from Edwards point of view.
That would be great! It would be so interesting to read from the POV of someone who doesn't completely worship Bella.
holdingoutforjacob once mentioned Alice's annoyance with Bella at the end of BD, which just made me feel even warmer towards her, because she would give a fairly unbiased view on Edward and Bella's relationship. It would be very, very interesting to see what it really looks like from the outside, but from someone who has knowledge of their 'secrets'.

And I agree with Kachiti that New Moon from Edward's perspective would be dark and... annoying, probably. Midnight Sun and his constant references to himself as a 'monster' began to eat away at my nerves after the first few chapters. Imagine what New Moon would do! :shock:
Blackwater. <3

potterpuff @ lj
moon sidhe
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by moon sidhe »

^^
Yes, New Moon from Edward's perspective would decidedly be quite dark. From Bella's perspective, yes there were a lot of "gaping holes" etc. but she was able to pull herself out of it, and she found Jake. Jake helped to lighten the darker aspects of New Moon quite a bit IMO. I'm not sure we would have a similar "lightening" in a New Moon from Edward's perspective.

I wasn't too annoyed by the constant brooding in Midnight Sun myself. I really sympathized with him. I have some close friends who have gone through some dark periods, and when you're going through something like that, you really don't see yourself or anyone around you clearly at all. Admittedly that kind of perspective doesn't make for the most enjoyable reading experience. But I really felt for him.
You are in my blood like holy wine
and you taste so bitter but you taste so sweet
Oh I could drink a case of you darling
And I would still be on my feet
Jazziscool
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Jazziscool »

Actually, I think Edward's POV would be wayyyyyyyyy too depressing. If anyone has read the 'extras' under New Moon on SM, they would know what I mean when I say "Whoa, I do NOT feel happy right now. Enough depression for one day for crying out loud!". :cry: :? :o :( :shock:

I'd rather have Jasper's than Alice's POV, because Alice is close to her brother, she would view and see it up close if you know what I mean. But in Jasper's POV you would see it from a distance becuase he's not close to Edward, and sort-a doesn't care about what happens to Bella.

What I mean by "on the inside" is with Alice, she understands what Edward is feeling and you would to see Edward's emotions as if he being as the Narrator and we could read his thoughts.

KInd of confusing. Sorry. :D :? :oops: :roll:

Trainee of the EDC, Inc.
Supervisor of the DBJ:Donating Blood to Jasper & Co.
twilight813
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by twilight813 »

I just read the four pages of the phone call between Edward and Rosalie in the extras on SMs website. And well I wanted more. I thought it was deep, dark, human. I think everyone is too afraid to read the dark side of this story and i think that it brings it more life, more meaning. But thats my own opinion. I didnt want to stop reading those pages.
Avi by Shel
Gen Y Thread is <3