General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
*TwilightIsMyDrug*
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Breaking Dawn-I liked it

Post by *TwilightIsMyDrug* »

It def. had a "different feel" but I really did love it. I think SM gave her fans what they wanted and I think she did a fabulous job. I think I'll like it even more when I read it for a second time. Starting with Twilight...
"You don't know how long I've waited for you."
Team Edward
his.singerr
Settled in Forks

Post by his.singerr »

the first time i read bd, i absolutely loved it. the second time, not so much. actually, i was completely disappointed. the third time around i was able to really look at the entire book and appreciate it. and now i'm on my fourth time through, and even though i do believe it could have been better, i really cannot complain. stephenie meyer is a genius! although we all already knew that. heh i just wish it didn't have to end just yet. i mean, i totally understand it's the end of bella's story, i guess i'm just in denial. and waiting for the infamous midnight sun might take longer than originally expected will be hard. i haven't caved and read the leaked 12 chapters yet, but every day it gets harder to resist even though she posted it up on her website. :sigh: anyways, i do in fact like breaking dawn, although it's been extraordinarily popular to feel otherwise.
not all who wander are lost.
[tolkien]
Mrs. Edward
Settled in Forks

Post by Mrs. Edward »

I loved Breaking Dawn.It is my second favorite in the series, behind Twilight of course. The wedding was perfect and Reneesme is beautiful. I saw it coming, but I thought it couldn't happen so i blew it off until she got sick and i was like there is no human way, but then I was like well there is human way but not vampire way. Needless to say, I loved the book. I was a little put out with Alice when she left, but then she explained and I love her 9as a sister) again. And of course Edward was charming and adorably overprotective again. He makes the perfect father, but not mine, I'd rather he be my husband. The ending was perfect, but I wish Stephanie will write more, other than other pespectives, which are good to, but i crave more story. I loved Breaking Dawn, i read it twice in a row. :D
Chelsea
Settled in Forks

Post by Chelsea »

Honestly, I'm a little shocked that you guys, at some point, were disappointed with this book. I loved that Mrs. Meyer put the "adult spin" on it by including the baby-making and whatnot. It has a wonderful emotional appeal and I find that I can easily picture myself in the book, thought that may just be the dork in me. For the record, Jane and Caius (if it were possible) should be stabbed or some equivalent. But them being in the book is important. You can't love all the characters. I can't at least.
"Why am I covered in feathers?"
MrsFutureCullen
Settled in Forks

Post by MrsFutureCullen »

I loved this book it was abosolutley incredible. I mean I had never read a book with so much twists in it in my life. I mean this book kept me up all night and I couldnt think straight or do any of my homework untill I finished the book. It was something that I lost control of that I wasnt able to stop like a drug that I had to keep using. The whole pregnacy was a total shock to me and I think it was able to solve a lot of problems. Renesme is the cutest thing ever and I cant wait to see the movies and how they make that. I loved reading from Jacobs point of view because it was so funny. I love the newborn vampire part because in all of the other books you hear how they are but Bella turning into one you can experiance it. Just the whole book was great and it puts a very great end to this love story that everyone has followed.
What if Im not a superhero....What if Im the bad guy?"
-Edward aka Future Boyfriend
VampGirl
Wandering Through Town

Post by VampGirl »

I loved the book. I've loved them all.

I'm in awe of Stephanie Meyer. What I wouldn't give to be able to create a story so compelling that it could inspire such devotion in its readers. I literally couldn't put any of these books down, but with Breaking Dawn I felt almost frantic about it. I read all through the night and into the next day because I couldn't close the book.

It was a magical experience for me, and since finishing the book I feel bereft. So much so that I think I have to start re-reading them all again right away.

Some people may complain about the too perfect happy ending. But I say there are enough unhappy endings in the real world. I for one was truly contented by the ending to this saga.

So yes, I REALLY liked Breaking Dawn.
ImageImageImageImageImageE<3B
spookybell
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by spookybell »

The first time I read the book, I liked it a lot. I am currently reading it for the second time and I realized that I love this book. When i am done, I think I will have to just re-read it and start over. I love Bella's transformation so much. I enjoyed Renesme's birth also. This was the first time in the whole series that I got a little misty eyed. I love Bella's first hunt, the cottage, the honeymoon.

I didn't realize until right now, how much I like this book.
Sometimes I am not satisfied with my signature!
Pwnguin
Settled in Forks

Post by Pwnguin »

Honestly, I'm not the kind of person that can hate books. I really really loved Breaking Dawn. It made me get over my hate for Jacob... my prediction about Jacob imprinting on Bella's child came true... Bella finally became a vampire... a part of it was in Jacob's point of view so I understood him so much more... The only thing that really upset me was that there wasn't a fight. I was seriously looking forward to that. The ending seemed sort of unfinished, but at the same time it felt complete. I liked Breaking Dawn, I didn't hate it. End of that.
This siggy is in Spanish when you're not looking. :]
switzgal
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Post by switzgal »

My favorite part of the book was Jacob's book. I think it's because for the first time I was actually watching things happen instead of being in Bella's voice/world. Plus Jacob's thoughts and opinions are so much more interesting than Bella's. Bella's was all about being in love with Edward, becoming a vampire and staying safe.

Jake's POV is so much more of what us reader's POV would be. As a reader, we love our lead characters, Bella and Edward. And Jake voiced that properly for us. We would cringed at the thought of drinking blood, we cried when we saw her in pain and also Edward in pain and we want to help any way we could. We laughed with him, we cried with him. Jake's POV was so in sync with ours. This is another reason why I don't know how people could hate Jacob.
nessie21
Settled in Forks

Post by nessie21 »

I was soooo happy with Breaking Dawn. I hate when books don't have a happily ever after. I mean, isn't that why we read them? We find a beautiful escape in a novel and lose ourselves in the imagination of this being a possibility. I hate when books end up trying to send a reality message of pain, loss and inauspicious events. If I wanted reality and heart break, I'll just watch the evening news!

It bothers me when people comment on not liking Breaking Dawn because it seemed impossible..Bella's pregnancy, her becoming a vampire, etc...etc..umm...but when has anything in the saga been possible?? You have to have an open mind to the fact that once you understand that it is all impossbile...then it ALL becomes possibe. I put myself in Bella's shoes while reading Breaking Dawn and I was able to relate to her even in this book as I was in the others. Why? Well because in that world of endless possilbities, I wound have made the same choices she made. She followed her heart and had faith, regardless of what situations lied before her. It was as if she was born to be a vampire...there is evidence of this beginning at "Twilight". She was such a natural as a newborn. Bella's secretive mind, combined with the powers of an immortal that lead to everyone's survivial !!! AWESOME! As for Reneesme, she knew everything would turn out right, she didn't know how exactly, but she knew, call it faith or mother intuition.

The wedding was beautiful, I LOVED the honeymoon, Jacobs POV was very interesting, I couldn't stop laughing at the blonde jokes LOL!!! This was also the first book I have ever read, to make me cry. When she is saying goodbye to Nessie and Edward, I really thought that they were not going to make it, I lost it! I enjoyed the rollercoaster though and I can't say enough good things about Breaking Dawn. I hope you all agree!
"Oh, I'm with the vampires, of course."-Bella