General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
chessley_meyers
Wandering Through Town

Re: Jacob and Nessie

Post by chessley_meyers »

I thought it was really great that Jake imprinted on Nessie, because then he was still able to keep his friendship with Bella, even though they are supposed to be enemies. The only question I have is, does Nessie smell bad to Jacob since she is half vampire, or does her half human side dilute the bad smell?
Cinderella85
Wandering Through Town

Post by Cinderella85 »

Andrea S. wrote:I was worried about Jacob imprinting in "Breaking Dawn", because I thought it would just be all too convenient- oh he's in love with Bella but can't have her, so BAM he'll imprint and everything will work out for him. It would be a cop-out.
Thank you! For some reason I could never word that properly, but you did it right there for me :)

I actually agree with your entire post.

I was against Jacob imprinting, because like you said, it would be too convenient, but also, it would somehow make his love for Bella, somehow, unjustified? I don't know, but it seemed weird to me, like not loving someone else, but simply transferring his love from Bella to another.

But wow, Stephenie did it perfectly! Anyone else but Renesmee, and I don't think it could have worked.
And I don't think it's creepy at all, far from it (I can't stand Jake's new paedophile tag :( ) Stephenie clearly went to lengths, as early as Eclipse to explain that there is nothing dirty about imprinting on someone that young. It's not seen that way. Even Edward said Jacob didn't even see Nessie that way, not even after finding out she would be physically "his age" in 6 years or so.
He's everything to Nessie, anything and everything she could need or possibly want. Friend, confidant, protector, and one day a lover. Soulmate. Eternally bonded.
It's beautiful.

And I really hope Stephenie has a story in future for them :)
Love Jacob? Join the RDP!
BelleBleu26
Settled in Forks

Post by BelleBleu26 »

^^Beautifully stated Kellie! I couldnt agree with you more. I felt the same way. Thinking that imprinting would be an easy cop out of our wonderful wolf boy but bringing Nessie into the picture was the missing piece to the puzzle. It worked out beautifully. I can finally end my sleepless nites over Jacob. He is happy and has been given the love he deserves!
red
Settled in Forks

Post by red »

The first thing I thought when I read Jacob imprinting on Nessie was 'This is amazingly weird.' It was amazing but weird at the same time. Why weird? It mad me laugh but here's my reason. Jacob is going to be Bella's son in law. Can your best friends become your son in law? Just imagine Nessie and Jacob's conversations in the future. Nessie would find out her true love use to love her mom. I know it's going to be a hard relationship. Proabably harder than Bella's and Edward's. I'm cheering for them though.
TeamNessie
Settled in Forks

Post by TeamNessie »

I was shocked when these turn of events happend, but it works out perfectly because Nessie grows so quickly and then it'll stop when she's in her teenage years and Jacob basically stoped growing as well in his teenage years. So he just has to wait a bit and he'll have his gal lol. It's funny cause he has said before he would never get with a vampire (well technecally she isn't a full vampire but still) and here he is with Bellas daughter out of all people lol at least he's still included in the family.
And i wonder u guys know how vampires stink for werewolfs and vice-versa, does Nessie stink to Jacob? lol
i don't remember if they said anything about it in the book, i'm gonna have to go and read it again lol
Love you always Edward and Bella
TeamNessie
Settled in Forks

Post by TeamNessie »

chessley_meyers wrote:I thought it was really great that Jake imprinted on Nessie, because then he was still able to keep his friendship with Bella, even though they are supposed to be enemies. The only question I have is, does Nessie smell bad to Jacob since she is half vampire, or does her half human side dilute the bad smell?

lmao i just asked the same thing i didn't even notice u had already asked, did u get ur asnwer?
Does anyone know?
or do i have to go back to my book when i get home lol
Love you always Edward and Bella
catieolacullen
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by catieolacullen »

Do you guys think that Jacob's imprinting on Nessie had anything to do with the fact that he was around so much when Bella was preggers with Nessie? And do you think that everyone loves Nessie so much because she's not exactly like the vampire babies, but she's sort of like one? Or that maybe that has a slight factor in Jacob's imprinting on Nessie? I don't know, just idea's that I've been dwelling on... I really hope that Stephenie continues on with Nessie and Jacob :)

EDIT:

YAAAY. Another question I thought up: Does anyone think that Nessie's having 24 chromosomes (I think?) has anything to do with Jacob's imprinting on her???
Last edited by catieolacullen on Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
La tua cantante...
HATE SPINNERBAIT!
Is anyone else here a Sarah Dessen fan, also?
jenni_elyse
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by jenni_elyse »

Well, Jacob was around Bella so much while she was pregnant because of his connection with Renesmee. So, I don't think that has anything to do with why he imprinted. I just think they were meant to be together. It's like Bella told Jacob. They were always supposed to be a part of each other's lives; she just didn't know he was supposed to be her son-in-law.

Your other questions are good questions. However, I don't like Renesmee because Jacob imprinted on her. I liked Renesmee just because of who she was. I think it does have something to do with her being part vampire. But, I think it's more that she's Bella and Edward's.
:: My Blog (Comments Welcome) :: My Shelfari Shelf ::
bittenbyEdwardCullen
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by bittenbyEdwardCullen »

At first I thought it was really disturbing that Jake imprinted on Nessie because he used to love Bella and now he loves her daughter.However, as I read on I really liked the idea because it brought the werewolves and Cullens together. Not to mention Bella got to keep Jake and all the other werewolves as friends just like she wanted. Also because since Jake didn't want to lose Nessie he told Charlie and was able to make it so that Bella could keep Charlie in her life as well. Jacob's imprinting on Nessie was probably one of the greatest things that could have happened to Bella.
Cinderella85
Wandering Through Town

Post by Cinderella85 »

bittenbyEdwardCullen wrote:Jacob's imprinting on Nessie was probably one of the greatest things that could have happened to Bella.
LMAO! I just got this image of Bella going "Phew, dodged a bullet there!"

Ok, I went back and read in Eclipse, where Jacob explains to Bella how Quil imprinting on Claire isn't disgusting, which of course can be used with Nessie and Jake aswell :)

The last line is my favourite part

"...There's nothing romantic about it at all, not for Quil, not now." He took a deep breath, frustrated. "It's so hard to describe. It's not like love at first sight, really. It's more like ...gravity moves. When you see her, suddenly it's not the earth holding you here anymore. She does. And nothing matters more than her. And you would do anything for her, be anything for her...
You would become whatever she needs you to be, whether that's a protector, or a lover, or a friend, or a brother.
[...]
And then, when she's older and needs a friend, he'll be more understanding, trustworthy, and reliable than anyone else she knows.
[...]
"Doesn't Claire get a choice here?"
"Of course. But why wouldn't she choose him, in the end?
He'll be her perfect match. Like he was designed for her alone."