Horse People

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Pel
Keeper of the Scepter of Doom

Horse People

Post by Pel »

Well noticed from the "Name for Baby horse thread" that we have a few horse people here. So thought it might be cool if we had our own thread. So here are questions(and my answers):

1. How many horses do you have?

~1 that I own, and 3 others that live with me.

2. Name, breed, color, gender, age, and height+additional information:

~Kodak(Kodak Moment)-Paint-Chestnut w/white socks and blaze-16 yrs.-16hh (My eventer)

~Braxton(Braxton's Two-Step)-Thoroughbred-bay-gelding-13 yrs.-17.2hh(lives at my house owned by my dad's girlfriend)

~Will(Will to Please)-Thoroughbred-black-gelding-18 yrs-16.1hh(lives at my house owned by my dad's girlfriend)

~Meeshka-Arabian-bay-mare-26 yrs-14hh(lives at my house, owned by my dad's girlfriend)

3.How long have you been riding?

~Since before I could walk. (with assitance of course) Very Happy

4. What style riding do you do?

~ Mostly english (eventing). Western for trail rides, and bareback for fun.

5. Do you compete? If so in what?

~Yes, in eventing. So.. dressage, cross country, and show jumping. (Cross country is my favorite)

6. What is your favorite thing about riding?

~One word---Jumping.
urcoolcarrie
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Re: Horse People

Post by urcoolcarrie »

i love horses soooo much! i don't exactlly have any, but gosh i wish i did. i live somewhere where lots of people have them, but unfortunatly we don't live on horse property, so we can't have one. yet. i plan on getting one when i move out.

Though I do not own any, I do ride horses whenever I get a chance. One of my neighbors moved and got a horse, so they let me over every once in a while and let me ride. I never really had to have anyone teach me, because i had seen so many videos and read encyclopedias about horses that i kind of taught myself. I went on a trail ride in Moab, Utah the summer before last, and that was the most fun I have had in a long time. We went straight through a small river, and that was amazing. gah. I wish i had one. maybe some day.

oh ya, and i ride western. maybe thats because i have only really done research on that riding style. (yes, research. the encyclopedia thing i was talking about earlier...ya. i own it. its massive! and yes, i love horses that much. :))
HR Manager of EDC::Proud Klutzer::Midnight Sun Virgin
darkrider
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by darkrider »

~1

-Buddy aka B Original, gelding, 9 y/o, black, thoroughbred, 16.3, very spunky and has SOME personality. lol let me tell ya.

-Since i could remember. maybe since i was 3 or 4

~ english/jumpers/some dressage/cross country for fun and equitation for comp

~yes, jumpers/equitation/hunters

-the way it makes me feel.
My twinnie and my fav twi guy=meteor
Randomness Reggie! BACK in...dark?
Emmett's Demolition Crew:Trainee
Team Edmartt! <<for the clueless, edward+emmett
Gabbie
Learning to Love Green

Post by Gabbie »

Ohh I LOVE horses and horse riding. <3
I don't own a horse,though.
I've been riding since I was 7 or 8 and I just love it. I love bareback,it's so fun. And I love trail riding,and.. I love swimming with them,hahaha. Like riding them into the dam and stuff. :lol:
My friend owns 3 horses, so I go out with her whenever I can to the place they agist and we just have the best time. When I rode at a riding school I had a beautiful Arabian horse called Blue. He was amazing, and so gentle. I also had a lovely Chestnut called Lightening, but she was really uhh..not gentle. She got spooked really easily, and when we went on trail rides she'd rear up at anything. :roll:
Horses are just amazing. (:
Thanks Lizzy! <3 (AGF)
darkrider
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by darkrider »

awe i'm glad. Ihope you get more chances to ride your friend's horses, it's a great feeling isn't it???

-Dark
My twinnie and my fav twi guy=meteor
Randomness Reggie! BACK in...dark?
Emmett's Demolition Crew:Trainee
Team Edmartt! <<for the clueless, edward+emmett
Flairfive
Settled in Forks

Post by Flairfive »

I dont have any, but I love them. I go riding at my aunts sometimes though.
Kebbe
Settled in Forks

Post by Kebbe »

Aw, I remember when alice_fan first started this topic on the old Lex... :P

I lease a horse.

2. Name, breed, color, gender, age, and height+additional information?
Kelos Old Gold (George), registered appaloosa, chestnut, gelding, about 7 years old or so.

About two and a half years.

English, but I'm starting Western within the next couple of weeks.

Not yet, but I'm starting next summer, and I'd show in the Appaloosa Circut in Equitation, Pleasure, and Showmanship classes, for the most part.

It's like an escape for me. I can just go ride my horse and stop thinking about everything and stressing about so much more. I love having one very, very best friend to turn to when I need someone. But if we're talking about just riding, then I'd have to say either jumping or bareback.
There's nothing like it. That free joy that runs through your body as your best friend's hooves pound rythm beneath that matches the beating of your heart. The sun is warm on your backs and in the moment, you're not just horse and rider. You are one.
Krystal
Lured By the Scent

Post by Krystal »

I don't have any horses, but I love them. I live in an area with a lot of people that has horses farther to the north, I am just in the town area. I always ask my mom to take me for drives out there. I love it, seeing all the farm land and horses is just so beautiful. I really want to have horses when I move out.
I used to ride, for about 6 months when I was about 11, and I loved it! I would have kept going and would be riding to this day, but my dad lost his job and we couldn't afford it, and still can't. So I am stuck not being able to ride until I can pay for it myself :(
I really wish that I could right now.
by myhopesaresohigh @ vesperarium
silverstar
Wandering Through Town

Post by silverstar »

I used to be avidly involved with horses, and my step-mom still owns some. I just didn't have time for horses anymore.

0. My step mom has 4 though.

The one that I used to work with a lot (my step-mom owned her, but she was essentially my horse) was a 15 hh bay AQHA mare named Brie (registered as Truck on Down). She had a blaze on her face. She was such a sweetie and pretty much bomb proof (I don't remember ever falling off of her, or her spooking). She had this amazing sense that when her rider was losing balance and possibly was going to come off, she would slow down and even stop so you wouldn't fall. She was born Mar. 1, 1985, and even at age 21, she was still going strong. She goes both english and western, and basically was able to do anything (although jumping 2' on her wasn't the best experience, so I wouldn't take her higher). Sadly, my step-mom sold her after I was too busy to work with her. I loved that horse.

I started riding a long time. I stopped about 3 years ago though.

English was what I did. I did do a bit of western though. I rode bareback sometimes too.

I used to. I just did shows that the local horse club offered, which was mainly flat english classes. I did do a couple events and a western show as well though.

Working as a team with your horse and adapting to each other. It was very relaxing just riding around with nothing on my mind except for the feeling of the horse under me. It was so relaxing.
Words to live by: "If you judge people you have no time to love them"
Sterling Snow
Teaching Eric Social Graces
Location: chillen with Jasper, Draco, and the people in mah head

Post by Sterling Snow »

I don't own a horse, but I take riding lessons in the summer and fall. I'll ride anything my instructor puts me on. I've been riding for about two years, and I ride English. My favorite part of riding is cantering. It's like flying.
Yes, I love Harry Potter. Yes, I am in Slytherin. Will that be a problem?
Team Taylor and Team Robert
I'm baaaack! (and fangirlier than ever!!!)
If you know how to make banners/avatars, please pm me, cuz I'm in desperate need of one!