Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
DumBumm
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Re: Jane

Post by DumBumm »

Alcyone wrote:Yes, he kissed her on the lips, but that is due to the culture. Greeting in such a way is common and even the acceptable form of greeting, unlike in the US where handshakes fulfill that role. It has to do with cultural differences.

In fact, I'm fairly sure I posted about this recently on this thread.

ETA: Nope, it was on Aro's thread.

Ahh, i thought it was something to do with the time they came from, but wasn't sure. Thanks.
Moonlit Sunlight
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Moonlit Sunlight »

Jane V wrote:
DumBumm wrote:Jane is one of the best characters out of the Twilight books, Her power is Awesome!
But i think we need to know more about her.

I have a question, i see Aro has a father figure to Jane... but why in New Moon did Aro kiss Jane on the lips, or did i read it wrong?
i think he is supposed to be a father figure....but yeah, that kinda weirded me out too. i'm pretty sure it was the lips. it said something like "Aro placed a kiss on her full lips" or something along those lines.

i wish we could learn more about her. :?:
what i was thinking was that Jane and Aro had a relationship going on cuz you know it would be kinda weird if he was the father figure and he kissed her.... yeah weird....
What a lucky duck! Wish he'd give me a hickey!
"LIfe sucks, and then you die." Jacob Black
Sponser of DBJ & Co. Donating Blood To Jasper & Co.
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

Does anyone know how old Jane's supposed to be? I think she's around 13, but some of my friends think she's just a short 17 year old, one even thought she was 9 or 10. So does anyone know?
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
Alcyone
Has More Hidden Talents Than Aro

Post by Alcyone »

Allegedly, thirteen. And no, there is no romantic relationship between Jane and Aro.
Set by *cullens & converse | AB Type
Moonlit Sunlight

Alcyone wrote:Allegedly, thirteen. And no, there is no romantic relationship between Jane and Aro.
Are you sure there's no romantic realtionship??? cuz it never said that they had a romantic relationship but they did kiss.... but it could have been i friendly kiss i supose....
Alcyone
Has More Hidden Talents Than Aro

Post by Alcyone »

Copy/pasting from Aro thread
Regarding the kiss, numerous societies greet by kissing on the lips. Even now, it's a common way to greet. Many Eastern European societies greet by kissing on the lips, men to men and they are heterosexual.

In many cultures, kisses are a normal form of greeting, both on the cheek and the lips. Before, it was a sign of respect. Nobles greeted each other by kissing their lips (no matter what sex they were) while the lower-class had to kiss a nobleman's hand. Even now, many greet each other by kissing one another's cheeks then the mouth, even if they're both male or female.

You have to remember, not only do the Volturi live in a foreign country but they were also raised in different times and cultures. What is morally acceptable to you may not be morally acceptable to another culture and vice versa.
Set by *cullens & converse | AB Type
Moonlit Sunlight

Alcyone wrote:Copy/pasting from Aro thread
Regarding the kiss, numerous societies greet by kissing on the lips. Even now, it's a common way to greet. Many Eastern European societies greet by kissing on the lips, men to men and they are heterosexual.

In many cultures, kisses are a normal form of greeting, both on the cheek and the lips. Before, it was a sign of respect. Nobles greeted each other by kissing their lips (no matter what sex they were) while the lower-class had to kiss a nobleman's hand. Even now, many greet each other by kissing one another's cheeks then the mouth, even if they're both male or female.

You have to remember, not only do the Volturi live in a foreign country but they were also raised in different times and cultures. What is morally acceptable to you may not be morally acceptable to another culture and vice versa.
That makes sense!!! Thanks for clearing that up....
Jane V
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Jane V »

no, there isn't a relationship between Jane and Aro. if there was, that would not only be completely nasty and wrong, but what about Aro's wife? he DOES have a wife.

i'm thinking that it was just part of the culture too, or maybe just Aro's general personality....i don't know. it just seemed a bit odd when i first read it. :?
"quite a pity how things turned out, isn't it?" -Jane, Eclipse

something you didn't know about the Volturi:
Felix has a medical condition. it's called Obsessive Winking Disorder. don't tell him i told you
waiting tobe dazzled
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by waiting tobe dazzled »

I admire Jane...her power is awesome and she is a strong woman making it in a male-dominated society. She has the other male vampires fearing her, complete respect!

But thats where my fondness for Jane stops. I think she is cruel and sadistic...I also think that she is an extremly jealous person (vampire). I don't believe that her resentment towards Bella has anything to do with Bella as a person, I think it is because she is a strong female, with the potential of becoming a strong vampire.(Which she did :D ) I think that she is so keen on keeping the position of strong female and doesn't want any other female to take away from the sick affection that she enjoys recieving from Aro that she would do anything to get rid of the competition.
Field Supervisor of EDC, Inc.
Team Edward-Knight in Shining Volvo
Team Rosalie-Every Rose has it's thorn
Cotton Candy Revolutionists~Jell-O Wars of 09’
VYVY
Settled in Forks

Post by VYVY »

I really think that Jane is awesome. Her power is awesome. Awesome, right? But what I want to know is what she was like during her human life to get that gift in the firs tplace.
Credit - (Icon & Banner) By SideKick @ Vesperarium