Discussion of the Twilight movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
switzgal
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Re: The Official Twilight Soundtrack

Post by switzgal »

ilovetwilight wrote:am i the only one who doesn't like the song decode?
I don't really like it either. I also don't like MUSE. I'm hoping that when the soundtrack comes out I can buy individual songs from it through iTunes. I hoping I like Rob Pattinson's song.
bodysnatcher
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by bodysnatcher »

Okay, so...

did anybody go to the Twilight Soundtrack Listening Party? Can someone tell me in-depth opinions of each song?
"and the boy loved the tree"
vampire_elf
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by vampire_elf »

UnfreakinBelievable wrote:I just listened to the new song on SM's site (Go All the Way) -- I can't say I loved it. :( In fact, I pretty much dislike it.
It just didn't bring Twilight to my mind -- I thought the vocals were terrible in some parts.
Oh well, can't love them all . . .
I totally share your opinion and it's true, it DOES'NT bring Twilight to my mind at all! I'm listening to it right now and I'm not convinced... I expected something completely different...

Banner by the amazing MRK!
Obsessed 20 something Twilighter
Twilight<3
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by Twilight<3 »

switzgal wrote:I also don't like MUSE.
May I ask why you don't like Muse? Or is it just that song, because I don't like the choice they made for the soundtrack. Sure, the lyrics fit great but they had to pick the pop-iest song Muse has ever created. :roll:
switzgal
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Post by switzgal »

Twilight<3 wrote:
switzgal wrote:I also don't like MUSE.
May I ask why you don't like Muse? Or is it just that song, because I don't like the choice they made for the soundtrack. Sure, the lyrics fit great but they had to pick the pop-iest song Muse has ever created. :roll:
I don't like their music and their voices. I'll have to give them another listen, I guess.
I made up my own Twilight playlist on my iPod and I must say all the songs in it fit quite well when you listen to the lyrics.
XPearlyScreamerX
Settled in Forks

Post by XPearlyScreamerX »

bodysnatcher wrote:did anybody go to the Twilight Soundtrack Listening Party? Can someone tell me in-depth opinions of each song?
I went to the Twilight soundtrack listening party, I have to say most of the songs were really good, and matched Twilight, alhtough i was dissappointed that they didn't play the other song Paramore has on the sountrack. I also think they probablly skipped a few songs on the sountrack at the listening party, aside from the other song Paramore did besides Decode, but that is probablly just me. I did like Bella's lullabye though..it was really emotional to me. Also, I liked Rob's song, it was really good.
.:If I could live forever I would Live for Edward Cullen:.
genuinesmile
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by genuinesmile »

So i got an email saying that my copy of the Twilight Soundtrack is getting ready to be shipped and i'm super excited, thought i don't see why, seeing that i'm going to try really hard not to listen to it until after i see the movie, because it's the only way i'll keep Bella's Lullaby a surprise 8-) though i don't know how well that's going to work with little self-control... :lol:

From the one's that i've heard, i really love Linkin Park's "Leave Out All The Rest" and Iron&Wine's "Flightless Bird, American Mouth"...on a sour note, the Perry Farrell song "Going All The Way (Into The Twilight)" disappoints me. When i hear it all i keep picturing is a group of people tripping on some sort of drug. *shrug* I mean, aside from key words "twilight" "sparkle and shine" I just can't picture Twilight...plus i find it too narrative. I get that he wrote it specifically for Twilight but i don't know...i'm just hoping that if anything they keep it for the end credits.
slayerchick303
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by slayerchick303 »

OH MY GOSH! I can't believe Rob Pattinson is singing in this! I know he plays the piano, I just didn't know he sang! I was so excited for the soundtrack release, now I'm super-freakin' excited! :D :D :D
MANDI
Team Edward Forever!
ImageImage
E<3B
ana;
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by ana; »

I found myself inlove with Robert's voice.

like completely taken away the first time I listened to his songs. he has this really matture/folk-y voice.
i'm looking forward to his 2 songs from the soundtrack!

when I heard Going All The Way (Into The Twilight), it didn't seem to fit ANYWHERE in the story.
like where?
i only pictured that song beeing played when Bella & Edward are walking together to school and everyone is watching.
threethings
Phase Control Expert

Post by threethings »

I think "Burnin Up" by the Jonas Brothers should be on there! It's the perfect song for this! :lol:
■ E<3B ■ Banner Goddess ■ Taking Requests
ImageImage