Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
LeechesRule95
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Angela Weber

Post by LeechesRule95 »

I loved Angela. She was the only true HUMAN friend that Bella had in the book. I thought that she would end up being one of the bridesmaids in BD. I agree with some people that someone should seriously BITE HER and Ben! She and Bella could be awesome friends without the distance problem and she wouldn't have to break up with Ben to be one just bite him too :D Angela was there for Bella when she needed it and Bella is lucky to have a friend like her...... :) Maybe she'll be mentioned in the other books! Who knows..... ;)
Amivera
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Amivera »

LeechesRule95 wrote: I agree with some people that someone should seriously BITE HER and Ben! She and Bella could be awesome friends without the distance problem and she wouldn't have to break up with Ben to be one just bite him too :D
Aww, that's kind of mean. You want to kill her and turn her into a heartless monster? Angela's obviously not as SPEHSUL as Bella. She'll have trouble controlling her bloodlust and so will Ben. Their relationship might not even last through it. On top of that, Angela would never be able to have children.

It's a horrible wish.
Blackwater. <3

potterpuff @ lj
glstewart
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by glstewart »

SM says that when you're bitten, your "self" freezes as-is, so I think since she and Ben are so in love as humans, they would stay in love as vampires.

As for not having any kids, she could raise dogs... :lol:
I Want to Believe
Amivera
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Amivera »

Your 'self' is physically, not mentally, otherwise Edward would have a hard time growing more mature. Esme would have a much, much, much harder time getting over the death of that baby. Jasper would find it impossible to control his bloodlust.

And if she meant 'self' mentally, she has completely ruined the entire reason Bella was considering staying human— because she was afraid that once she turned into a vampire, the all-consuming bloodlust would keep her from finding interest in Edward (which, of course, Bella did not have to deal with).

In the case of Bree you can see what a normal newborn is like. Anyway, Angela's only part in the book was to comfort Bella and give her at least one human friend she did not absolutely despise. She only popped into the book when Bella needed her. She is not required for Bella's infinite existence of happily-ever-after, ergo she is to be vaporized like the rest of the useless cardboard characters who were forgotten by the end of BD.
Blackwater. <3

potterpuff @ lj
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by holdingoutforjacob »

i loved angela. i think bella was a pretty crappy friend to her though.

death cannot stop true love, it can only delay it for a while...
glstewart

Post by glstewart »

I too, thought for sure Bella would have her as a bridesmaid, because yeah - besides Alice, Angela is the best friend Bella ever had. I don't think I'd say she was a "crappy" friend though. By the time Bella really got to know Angela, she had already decided to become a vampire, and she knew the friendship wouldn't be able to continue. I can see why she would want to control the damage.
I Want to Believe
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by holdingoutforjacob »

well, i don't really think bella has any social skills to be honest. she doesn't know how to treat people.

OMG i am so glad i wasn't the only one who was like WHAT when she didn't make any of her human friends a part of the wedding.

death cannot stop true love, it can only delay it for a while...
glstewart

Post by glstewart »

holdingoutforjacob wrote:well, i don't really think bella has any social skills to be honest. she doesn't know how to treat people.

OMG i am so glad i wasn't the only one who was like WHAT when she didn't make any of her human friends a part of the wedding.
I wouldn't say she has no social skills, but like I said on the Bella thread, she doesn't have a lot of friendship skills.
I Want to Believe
Destani
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by Destani »

My first reaction was a little surprised that none of her human friends were in the wedding, especially Angela. But Bella really didn't have anything to do with the planning whatsoever. The only decision she made was to have Alice as maid of honor. There were no bridesmaids or groomsmen if I remember correctly, only Alice as maid of honor and Carlisle as best man so it was done fairly. I think if Bella did have bridesmaids, Angela most certainly would have been one of them.
Images courtesy of: http://robbuz.deviantart.com/
Amivera
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Amivera »

Destani wrote:My first reaction was a little surprised that none of her human friends were in the wedding, especially Angela. But Bella really didn't have anything to do with the planning whatsoever. The only decision she made was to have Alice as maid of honor. There were no bridesmaids or groomsmen if I remember correctly, only Alice as maid of honor and Carlisle as best man so it was done fairly. I think if Bella did have bridesmaids, Angela most certainly would have been one of them.
But Alice certainly didn't take away from *everything*. It was Bella's wedding and Alice was making sure that Bella got what she wanted, but letting Alice plan out the rest. Bella said that the only thing she wanted was for Jacob not to be invited (but then she kept wanting him to show up) :roll: .

Anyway, point is: If she had cared to think about Angela, and bothered to ask Alice to make her a bridesmaid, Alice would have made Angela a bridesmaid.
Bella didn't give it a thought, though.
Blackwater. <3

potterpuff @ lj