Europeans Unite

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
vampire_elf
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Re: Europeans Unite

Post by vampire_elf »

Immy93 wrote:In that comment you sounded basically English! :lol:
Thanks for the compliment! :D But those to languages are all I've got. My french is, well, gruesome or rather non-existant. But I'd like to learn Italian or Spanish.

And I agree with Anahi, English is an easier language to learn (easier than German). Just for the record (I said it before): I'm from Austria.

I always had the impression that people from Ireland and GB don't think of themselves as European that much. Saying things like "the Europeans" (but not including themselves) or "the people from the continent"... Is that impression correct or just a prejudice? Or just a charming eccentricity? :)

Banner by the amazing MRK!
Obsessed 20 something Twilighter
Spartan
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by Spartan »

vampire_elf wrote: I always had the impression that people from Ireland and GB don't think of themselves as European that much. Saying things like "the Europeans" (but not including themselves) or "the people from the continent"... Is that impression correct or just a prejudice? Or just a charming eccentricity? :)
I probobly would agree with that, Usually when us Brits say " European" we mean mainland Europe, ie Germany, Spain, France, Austria etc. But I would count myself as a European if anyone asked.
* * Sapere Aude * * Jasper is my Edward : D
LRP466106
Settled in Forks

Post by LRP466106 »

I
Anahi wrote:Hy, I'm frome Europe to, Croatia to be precise...
The movie will come to Croatia 25.12., can't wait :D

I have a question. People from non-english speaking countries, in which language did you read the books? In your own language, or in english?
I read the books on croatien, the books came in 2005...

OMG, It's sooo cool that we have our little space, just us Europeans... 8-)
I would to love to come one day in England, Ireland and Scottland...
I read it english, cause I live in the U.S.A. so yeeeah...
Anyways I'm from slovenia :D
Anahi
Wandering Through Town

Post by Anahi »

Slovenia?
My neighbour :D
ImageImageImage
Team Rosalie ~ Every Rose has its Thorn
vampire_elf

Post by vampire_elf »

Did any of you see the new TV spot (on Youtube or some fan site)? If not, than watch it! New Edward (sexy smile and sexy, dangerous voice)!!! Am I right in guessing that this spot is only shown in US TV?

Since my Twilight obsession I kind of wish I was living in the US. They get to see the movie first, hear the soundtrack first, have (at least my impression) easier access to merchandise like T-shirts, they have stuff about it in magazines and TV shows... Even if we had all that here, it's not much fun in German (I'll explain that later in the psot)...bah!

Okay, I'm just envious, I have to admit that! :mrgreen:

Btw I went to a bookstore yesterday looking for an English copy of Twilight. Unfortunately they only had the German one. I read a few lines (the first kiss e.g.), out of curiosity, and, WOW, it was bad! :o It sounded wrong and kind of forced! Somehow it sounds much more magical in English!

Spartan
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by Spartan »

Not seen it - Post a link and I will though.

And yeh - I kinda feel that reading it in any other language than the one it's made in would be awful. But that's no prob for me because I'm english. ( Unless I read a foriegn book but they're normally written in English anyway.)
vampire_elf

Post by vampire_elf »

Just go to Youtube and search for Twilight TV spot (or trailer). Several people have posted it! Let me know what you think!

Spartan
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by Spartan »

just watched it - twice

I always thought that bit where she says "Vampire" is a bit wierd and she's practically shaking when she tells him she not afraid lol. I have never like that bit with Emmet ( "She's not one of us" ) But I think it definately makes the movie look good. But for people who haven't read the books - It's one of those adverts that basically tells you what happens in the whole movie.

I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE IT IN DECEMBER!!
vampire_elf

Post by vampire_elf »

I love the "Get in the car part"!!! Whenever he sounds dangerous he also sounds very sexy too (like in the "say it out loud! say it!" part in the new trailer).

You're right, she really seems afraid when she say she's not. I always thought that too! lol

Spartan
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by Spartan »

yeh lol - the "Get in the car" is when she's in Port Angeles right?