Black Dagger Brotherhood

una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Re: Black Dagger Brotherhood

Post by una »

It is possible - the brothers threw a party for GNE with a little help from the DGGs. Course it was online...if we could only do that again...and in person! :shock: :twisted:
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
Teak
Wandering Through Town

Post by Teak »

I've checked and I'm feeling SO unloved by the WARDen, no answer to my question regarding Lash's tattoo
Now refresh my memory...did Lash have some type of special tatoo? Geesh, time for a reread for me , I think! I'm not recalling details about a tatoo for him...

I am looking forward to the map of the mansion, etc. too, in the compendium, although I have it fixed in my mind how I think it looks. It will prob. be totally different and then mess me up! :lol:

I know in Phury's book Butch does dematerialize...did JR say that was a mistake later on?
LadyDi
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by LadyDi »

Teak wrote:That would truly be a nice birthday gift.... 8-)

Yes, that compendium isn't too far away now, is it?? Yay. I have missed the Brothers...haven't ventured onto JR's site in a while, but was happy for her that Butch's book had gotten that award at the writers' conference.
What award? Did I miss something?
I am so glad that there is still a BDB thread (curtsies to Pel - I promise we'll try to be good Pel)
The marvelous Spooncha introduced me to this series and it is a fun, fun romp. (Rated R compared to Twilight's PG)
I depend on this thread, and the fabulous (and brave) souls that go onto J.R. Ward's website to explain and summarize vital information (I will be forever grateful for the Peaches practical joke heads-up).
J.R. Ward still annoys me with her less-than-stellar writing habits (the plentiful shortforms she uses, her habit of overusing some words, the [swear word, swear word] Scribe Virgin [no, I have not forgiven her for what she did in V's book] and other stuff) but the way she creates these characters that we care so much about is pretty amazing.

In other news, yesterday I bought myself my first bottle of Grey Goose vodka. Holy cow, it was a lot more expensive than my usual brand! However, I think of Vishous while drinking it, and I will definitely save the bottle (the bottle itself is like a work of art!)
This banner is designed by the one-of-a-kind talent known on the Lex as Fry. Thanks!
-EB-
Wandering Through Town

Post by -EB- »

I've actually always been disappointed in Vishous's choice of Vodka. Belvedere is much smoother and tastier if you ask me but I guess not as many people have heard of it since it's usually considered even a level over Grey Goose.

Like many of you I can't stand the Ward forums. I think it's awesome she's so involved with her fans, but seriously, her forums are worse than more screaming teenage girls. Screaming women are far scarier I'm learning.
Q: How does one insult a mathematician?A: You say: "Your brain is smaller than any Epsilon>0!"

a pet project to show my Meyer love:Image
Teak
Wandering Through Town

Post by Teak »

What award? Did I miss something?
There was a conference in San Francisco the beginning of Aug. and JR's Butch book won an award. http://www.romancewiki.com/2008_RITA%C2 ... al_Romance Our very own Simplicity was there, and she said that Jessica Andersen (Night Keepers) accepted the award for JR, cause JR wasn't there.
Scribe Virgin [no, I have not forgiven her for what she did in V's book]
Yes, I still have a bit of trouble with her too, but am glad she let Phury do what he wanted to do to restructure the Chosen, etc!
una
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

Right after Lash survives the transformation, the young troika is in the locker room and JM sees Lash changing. He has some tattoo on his stomach (I believe). It isn't described and when he becomes the lesser-thing, we aren't sure if it stayed or not. I asked the question on the JRW boards and am STILL awaiting an answer.

I agree, the JRW boards are overwhelming. Plus there is little control over the group. Sometimes I feel like it is a free for all and you're left to dig for what you want. For example you can find the same question asked in four or more different forums all with differing answers since random people post. And unlike here, they won't try to (or it seems to) combine them. It is REALLY unorganized.

I like Grey Goose even before reading BDB, but I haven't tried Belvedere...must try it!

And yes, Butch dematerializing is a mistake that she openly admits (and it is discussed in several places) on the JRW boards. He should have been in the car with, I think, Rhage.
Goodnight Elizabeth
Lusting for Blood

Post by Goodnight Elizabeth »

I think I've missed this thread most of all. RIght before Breaking Dawn was released I re-read all the BDB books. They are so much better on their 3rd round. 2nd trip for Phury's book. I can't wait for the Compendium. YAY!
Squee! Thank you, Nena!
Katwomankath
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Katwomankath »

I must say I have been on JR wards site and I am a bit intimidated by it so I think I will frequent this thread and let the less intimidated enlighten me. I guess it is time to start reading the whole series again in preparation for the new arrival. The nice thing about getting old is that I can enjoy the same books over and over and not get bored because I don't remember as much any more. I do love the brothers and I will be celebrating (rather trying to forget my birthday soon so if you want to wrap those brothers up and send them over I would be more than happy to receive them. Oh man here comes 48! :shock: How did I get that old?
Banner thanks to Ouisa!
gypsyeyes
Wandering Through Town

Post by gypsyeyes »

wooo Black Dagger Brotherhood! I'm in the process of reading them all; my local library is very sporadic in it's purchases so I've only been able to read Wrath's, Zsadist's, and Vishous's book. But I'm hounding them, dont worry. They'll cave soon or they'll lose my buisness (flaw: a library is free :? ). Still I love. I agree about JRWard's official boards being intimidating. But that is why ther is this :D
una

Post by una »

Gypsyeyes, I feel for you. The BDB series is much better and will mean more if you can read them in order. It really isn't a series you can read out of order. I do utilize my library frequently and the great thing about the system here is that they have partnered with other libraries in other counties and do a book sharing thing. You can go online, log into your library account and request books and such. Works out great, they notify you either by phone or email when your book arrives and they hold it for a week for you to pick up. Maybe you could suggest something to your library like that? Also they have forms you can fill out online to request that they buy books so.... But if you get a chance, try to reread them in order, trust me, it'll make it that much more enjoyable.