Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Immy93
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Re: Chapter 3 ~ The End

Post by Immy93 »

I hated this chapter.
I suppose that I did believe him to be honest and it upset him.

Twiligth was not only an amzing book but it made me believe in love.
Pure hard love and all of a sudden the vision was crumbling!

Could he be anymore of a Let's Not Bring Our Parentage Into This.!
Roeddwn i'n ddim yn hapus!

It was like when your a little kid and your mum tells you Father Christmas doesn't exsist!
it feels like everyhting was a lie!
When he came back I didn't 100% believe hm either!

Once a knob always a knob in my eye's but by the end he was genuinely sorry! so I'll give him a break! :lol:
Does anyone agree?

xxx
ImageEdward Cullen
waiting tobe dazzled
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by waiting tobe dazzled »

^I completly agree! This whole chapter consisted of me mentally yelling "NO" at the book. I knew something major was going to happen after Jasper attacked Bella but never something so heart wrenchingly awful!
In Twilight it was the type of love that made your somach ache and your heart race and then it crumbles in a matter of seconds (pages actually) and you are just left starring at the pages :cry: ..sorry remembering the dark days of New Moon's beginnings.
But I did know that when he came back (I never lost faith lol) I, like Bella, would welcome him back with open arms
I'm such a dork :lol:
Field Supervisor of EDC, Inc.
Team Edward-Knight in Shining Volvo
Team Rosalie-Every Rose has it's thorn
Cotton Candy Revolutionists~Jell-O Wars of 09’
*TwilightIsMyDrug*
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by *TwilightIsMyDrug* »

1. Did you feel a sense of foreboding in this chapter? At what point did you feel what was coming? Or did it take you by surprise?
I knew something bad was going to happen. I just wanted to scream the entire time.

2. Just as Bella did, have you ever felt that subconscious desire to grasp a hold of a relationship slipping away?
Yes. TWICE. I especially remember the breakup with my first love at Bella's age and it was uncanny how those feelings aligned with Bella's. SM did a great job at making those emotions very real. I think most of us have felt love slipping through our hands and having no idea how to stop it. Heart-breaking.

3. Edward speech was definitely a harsh one, but did it grasp reality for you as it did for Bella? Or were you expecting him to run back to her at any moment? Did you believe him as readily as Bella did?
It was harsh to read, and I cried. I knew what he was doing though. You could say that he was "pulling a Bella." He had to say the most harsh, untrue thing he could to save her life, just like Bella did with Charlie in book 1. I knew that he was trying to make a clean break. Nonetheless, it was heart-breaking to read. And, if you put a real spin on it...anyone who has been broken up with by someone they love can relate to her heart-ache.

4. When Sam appeared during the search, describe your gut reaction to his presence.
The first time I read it, I was startled.

5. Describe your reaction as you read the "months" pages
Sadness & emptiness for Bella. I thought the months pages were a pretty effective way to display Bella's emotion during that time. Blank.
"You don't know how long I've waited for you."
Team Edward
athena*lexy
Settled in Forks

Post by athena*lexy »

1. Did you feel a sense of foreboding in this chapter? At what point did you feel what was coming? Or did it take you by surprise?
i kind of knew all through chapter 2... but i didn't want to believe it!!

2. Just as Bella did, have you ever felt that subconscious desire to grasp a hold of a relationship slipping away?
oh for sure. but it wasn't anything worth holding onto turns out

3. Edward speech was definitely a harsh one, but did it grasp reality for you as it did for Bella? Or were you expecting him to run back to her at any moment? Did you believe him as readily as Bella did?
well, i guess i had a feeling he wouldn't come running back, but i didn't expect him to be gone as long as he was. i also knew he didn't really mean what he was saying, he was just saying it because he thought it was the right thing to do/what she needed.

4. When Sam appeared during the search, describe your gut reaction to his presence.
i didn't have a second thought about it... i was too caught up in crying, and feeling happy someone finally found her.

i honestly felt physical pain. like, every new month felt like someone was crushing me in the stomach... :cry:
liberal_hippie
Wandering Through Town

Post by liberal_hippie »

Does the heartbreak ever get easier to take? I am in my third read of New Moon (listening to the audiobook this time) and sobbed my way through this chapter yet again. I have to carefully plan where I will be when I'm reading it, because I know I can't keep it together. :(
Stupidshinyvolvowner

Post by Stupidshinyvolvowner »

It didn't really take me by surprise. I knew that Edward was upset about something and the fact that he wasn't talking to Bella about it made me wonder. Especially when he didn't spend the night. I knew something was up at that point.

Yeah. I held on to my exboyfriend way too long. Unfortunately. We DEFINITELY weren't Edward and Bella status.

No. I in no way thought he would actually walk away from her. I completely expected Bella to fight harder for the long she believed in. A lot of people are said that Bella had no self confident and that she never felt good enough for Edward, but I still felt like she should have fought. I think she accepted it way too easily. When she didn't fight for him, it made me think he wouldn't come back because she gave him no reason at that point to turn around. I will admit that when she was wondering around the forest, I was half expecting him to come out of no where and comfort her.

I was confused. I didn't really know who Sam was or why he was there or what it had to do with the story.

Hmm...Shock, and I could feel the despair. I had just broken up with my ex (even though it was a VERY good thing when I look back on it now, I didn't feel that way for a few months and I remember those as dark times), so I could relate to time passing by and not noticing.

*****If anyone wants to discuss my answers or anything else, please don't hesitate to pm me. I would absolutely love to have a discussion with you :o)
CullenLove
Settled in Forks

Post by CullenLove »

I wasn't really surprised. Edward was acting really strange in front of Bella and I knew something was about to happen. When I saw the chapter, I felt sad right away because I knew it will be something I wouldn't like.

Yes, once in middle school, I believe. It was definitely a though situation to be in.

I cried for a long period of time. But, I knew he was going to come back. If he didn't come back, it wouldn't be 'Twilight' anymore.

I was just like, "Who's this 'Sam' person?".

5. Describe your reaction as you read the "months" pages.
Sad. I also felt bad for Charlie because Bella was not 'Bella' anymore and he was really worried.
What if I'm not the hero?
What if I'm the bad guy?
lag28wa
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by lag28wa »

Alright, now that I have stopped crying... I will try to answer these questions (lol)

OMG yes, the forebding was the WORST in this chapter. My heart started to break when he said "Not tonight" about staying with her. I think this chapter was soooo painful. I was in a relationship once where the guy acted EXACTLY like Edward before he broke up with me, right down to the avoidance and then the somehwhat random wanting to come over all the sudden. This chapter was so real to me. I guess I thought it was coming a couple of pages into the chapter. When days kept passing and things weren't getting better, they seemed to be getting worse. The thing that really showed me was the night with Charlie, when Edward was just acting all wrong. I guess it still took me by surprise a little bit because I was holding out hope that he would come to his senses and not do it. And I was surprised by how painful it was :cry:

YES. Like I said above, I have been in almost the exact situation aside from the human/vampire epic love thing, the relationship I had wasn't nearly as serious, but it was still pretty bad when it ended. I remember in the days before it ended and the guy was acting all weird I was totally grasping at straws, thinking of anything I could do to change his behavior and "win him" so he'd stay when I was deathly afraid he'd leave me.

It totally grasped reality. I have mentioned before that when I read these books I am totally immersed in Bella and her mind, so even though in the back of my head I knew Edward wouldn't be gone forever, his words were so pointed and real at that moment that I did believe him. It was her worst fear realized, I can empathize with that.

My gut reaction was I had no idea who he was, before reading the rest of New Moon I imagined him as an old man, kind of like Billy. In rereading New Moon I see that I COMPLETELY missed the "animal snuffling" sound that Bella hears. So cool that it was there.

My heart broke for Bella as I tured the page of another month. I thought it was a good way to illustrate the nothingness that she felt after Edward left.
It is not length of life, but depth of life---Ralph Waldo Emerson
Banner by emaleth @ Vesparium
rapidheartbeat<3twi

Post by rapidheartbeat<3twi »

-I saw it coming as soon as Edward started acting different, not coming over or staying, getting real silent

-Nope

-I know Edward too well. I knew that he was lying. I could totally tell that he was leaving so that Bella could be normal, especially with all the stuff he said in the end of Twilight. I was confused too, because it just didn't really hit me that Bella believed him, because it was so obvious to me that he still loved her. I knew that he would come back, so I just figured that Bella couldn't know that, so she was sad that she had lost him, but I didn't realize that she thought that he didn't want her anymore. I was getting pretty confused when they were waiting in the Volturi's place, because I didn't think Edward would leave again, so I was like "Why is Bella so sad? What is she talking about?"

-I was like, "I don't know who sam is."

-I cried. Enough said.
"If you're going to have a lapse in control, I can think of a better place for it."-Bella-Eclipse
Team_Jacob
Settled in Forks

Post by Team_Jacob »

-Edward's choice to leave definately took me by surprise. I didn't want to believe that he would actually leave Bella, but when he did, I didn't believe for a second that he didn't want her. I knew that, like he had said before, he would always want her. As soon as he told her that was the reason he had to leave, I knew something big was going to happen later in the book.

-Yes. Even though I knew that it was hopeless, I have felt the need to do anything possibly could to save the relationship. When Edward left, it hit me hard because I had always pictured him as the perfect guy, someone who every guy should strive to be. So when he left Bella, it showed that really, even though Edward is very close, there is no absolutely perfect guy.

-I was sort of in the middle about this. Like, in the back of my mind I was thinking, "Edward is so perfect, there's no way Bella will ever be enough for him...." So I kinda knew it was coming. But after she got lost in the woods, I definately was waiting for him to run back to her && apologize over && over again.

-At first I was thinking that Sam was going to be the one that helped Bella get through the time without Edward...that proved to be dead wrong. lol.

-I was a little disapointed that Stephanie simply put the months, instead of telling us what was going on in Bella's life. But then, I realized that Bella really got annoying with all of her sulking && I was glad Stephanie didn't make witness the ENTIRE time she was without Edward.
**Jacob Black is my fictional boyfriend**
**I was trying to sleep && close my eyes, && all I saw was you && our memories, && I wondered: do you think of me before you go to sleep, too? **