Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
moon.cherry.twilite
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Re: Jacob Black Past, Present and Future

Post by moon.cherry.twilite »

In Eclipse, I cry every time I read that last conversation between Bella and Jacob. Especially when he says "Love you more" and "You know how much I wish it was enough." I feel that Bella and Jacob's storyline was actually more tragic and heart-breaking than Edward leaving Bella in New Moon. Because with Edward, there was always the chance that he'd come back and we KNEW that he still loved her. But with Bella and Jacob, you know that it was impossible from the very beginning...or maybe, it was over even before it began.
OMDE= Oh My Dazzling Edward
OMHJ= Oh My Hot Jacob
GO HERE: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4364852/1/Y ... h_Twilight

switzgal
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Post by switzgal »

moon.cherry.twilite wrote:In Eclipse, I cry every time I read that last conversation between Bella and Jacob. Especially when he says "Love you more" and "You know how much I wish it was enough." I feel that Bella and Jacob's storyline was actually more tragic and heart-breaking than Edward leaving Bella in New Moon. Because with Edward, there was always the chance that he'd come back and we KNEW that he still loved her. But with Bella and Jacob, you know that it was impossible from the very beginning...or maybe, it was over even before it began.

I agree. I cried more during the Jacob/Bella parts than the Edward leaving part in NM.
I think it's because we knew that Bella was in love with Edward the entire time and that Jacob had no chance yet he was so sweet to her and they just got along so well.
Oh Jake, every time I read any of the parts in the book with him suffering it makes me cry.
I just finished rereading Ethics in Eclipse again and cried.
mlola619
Fishing with Charlie

Post by mlola619 »

moon.cherry.twilite wrote:In Eclipse, I cry every time I read that last conversation between Bella and Jacob. Especially when he says "Love you more" and "You know how much I wish it was enough." I feel that Bella and Jacob's storyline was actually more tragic and heart-breaking than Edward leaving Bella in New Moon. Because with Edward, there was always the chance that he'd come back and we KNEW that he still loved her. But with Bella and Jacob, you know that it was impossible from the very beginning...or maybe, it was over even before it began.

Agreed, for me i didn't cry that much in New Moon *i know what a sin* when Edward left, because i KNEW he would come back- he had too. I also knew he was lying, Bella's description of his expressions just gave it away for me. Sure he was leaving, but that doesn't mean it was FOREVER. I always felt he'd come back, it wasn't his choice to make anymore.

However, with Jacob i KNEW there was no way he'd get the girl. I always loved Jacob too, he put Bella back together when she was broken and i felt he deserved his happy ending more than anyone else...with Jacob we all knew the end of the story, and yet i still wanted Jacob to have Bella, "but she belongs with Edward" i always thought.
Reading this absolutely KILLED me, it sums up everything i was feeling while reading Bella's final talk with Jacob in Eclipse:

Page 599, Eclipse:

Bella: I could see what he saw, and i knew that he was right. If the world was the sane place it was supposed to be, Jacob and i would have been together. And we would have been happy. He was my soul mate in that world- would have been my soul mate if his claim had not been overshadowed by something stronger, something so strong that it could not exist in a rational world.

This is from Breaking Dawn, and the second i read it i got that heart-wrenching feeling in my chest for Jacob. To me this is EXACTLY what i thought of the situation, and to me that's the bigger heartbreak, a love that never happened or began.... :( :

Breaking Dawn, Page 298

Jacob: I could have been. I would have been good there. But that was just a distant future that died long ago before it had a chance to live.
Cause I've been waiting for a miracle, and i'm not leaving...
switzgal

Post by switzgal »

So stop, I'm gonna start to cry. Yes it was heartbreaking. I feel so bad for Jacob!!!

Did you read my new post on Favorite Quotes thread?
mlola619
Fishing with Charlie

Post by mlola619 »

switzgal wrote:So stop, I'm gonna start to cry. Yes it was heartbreaking. I feel so bad for Jacob!!!

Did you read my new post on Favorite Quotes thread?

XD sorry!!! don't cry!! no i didn't actually...send me the link?
Cause I've been waiting for a miracle, and i'm not leaving...
switzgal

Post by switzgal »

http://www.twilightlexiconforum.com/vie ... &start=180

I love this part of Eclipse. Jacob and Bella so cute!!!
threethings
Phase Control Expert

Post by threethings »

switzgal wrote:http://www.twilightlexiconforum.com/vie ... &start=180

I love this part of Eclipse. Jacob and Bella so cute!!!
Oh, you're right. I'm gonna have to rethink this "Team Edward" thing!
Last edited by threethings on Sun Nov 23, 2008 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
■ E<3B ■ Banner Goddess ■ Taking Requests
ImageImage
Immy93
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by Immy93 »

I have a habit of reading m favourite chapters form the books over and over again and last nihgt I read Chapter 26 and 27: Ethics and Needs in Eclipse and I have to admit I was crying!!

I don't know how she didn't change her mind for only a second then!
I know Edward is lovely but those chapters made me melt!

xxx
ImageEdward Cullen
soleyezon
Wandering Through Town

Post by soleyezon »

wheelchair control, his father was harsh, opposing rising. the link of oneness, mirrored, his father, and sent father to other places, as stated in prohphesy of that era. imho. it was the awareness of freedom, and ease, and self knowing self - choice. and attention directing that cast, immobility unto an out of date position. it was, in this case, percieved equally from both aspects, sides, and the course was left. in one view it was a backfire of one sides freedom givingness, and the other (thru a mirror) the intent to bind.
switzgal

Post by switzgal »

Immy93 wrote:I have a habit of reading m favourite chapters form the books over and over again and last nihgt I read Chapter 26 and 27: Ethics and Needs in Eclipse and I have to admit I was crying!!

I don't know how she didn't change her mind for only a second then!
I know Edward is lovely but those chapters made me melt!

xxx
LOL I reread those same chapters over and over. I must like to cry or something?!!?
I also read the chapter when Jacob gave her the bracelet. Oh my, he was so sweet!! He carved it himself and then when she was ignoring him he said "OK, I know you want to be with your real friends, I get it."
SOB!!! Bella can be such a biatch!!!!