A Chapter by Chapter Discussion of New Moon

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
*TwilightIsMyDrug*
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Chapter 15 ~ Pressure

Post by *TwilightIsMyDrug* »

1.) When Bella compared being hunted by Victoria this spring break to being hunted by James last spring break, what did you think might happen?
I don't really remember. I just knew it would be full of suspense.

2.) What did you think about Jacob calling himself a monster?
I didn't like to hear him say that. I'm team edward, but I have a soft spot of Jake.

3.) What did you think about Jacob's reaction when he realized Bella had been bitten by James? What do you think he was thinking at the time?
I think he was wondering..."How the heck aren't you already a vampire?!"

4.) How did you feel when Bella told Jacob about the Cullens' extra abilities? Do you think she should or shouldn't have given him so much information?
I didn't think she was doing anything wrong by telling Jake about the Cullens. She wasn't doing it to harm them.

5.) What were you thinking when Bella jumped off the cliff? When she saw Edward in the water? Did you think, as she did, that she was about to die?
I was scared, but I didn't think she was about to die. I knew there were 2 more books to read...
"You don't know how long I've waited for you."
Team Edward
lag28wa
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by lag28wa »

1.) When Bella compared being hunted by Victoria this spring break to being hunted by James last spring break, what did you think might happen?
I was thinking that something like last spring break would happen, but I was nervous because the Cullen's weren't there to protect her, with all their knowledge of their own kind. I was interested to see how the pack might react to a confrontation.

I never agreed with Edward when he called himself a monster (though I can see where he gets that opinion) and I don't agree with Jacob either. I think that people who inherently can also do good are not truly monsters. Monster is a very concrete thing in my mind, and Jacob isn't it.

3.) What did you think about Jacob's reaction when he realized Bella had been bitten by James? What do you think he was thinking at the time?
I thought his reaction was very emotional as I suspected it would be. Jacobs emotions when it come to Bella are very strong, with her getting hurt I know this enraged/hurt him as well. I was thinking that he might be thinking that the Cullen's let Bella down by "letting" James bite her, of course the readers know that's not the case, but I thought that Jacob, with his intense emotions, not knowing the whole story might think that.

4.) How did you feel when Bella told Jacob about the Cullens' extra abilities? Do you think she should or shouldn't have given him so much information?
I thought it was okay, at least in Bella's shoes. She really thought the Cullen's weren't coming back, so it wouldn't really do any harm to reveal their abilities. I didn't see it as hurting too much since the werewolves and the Cullen's have a treaty with eachother. I didn't think Jacob would use the information in a bad way.

5.) What were you thinking when Bella jumped off the cliff? When she saw Edward in the water? Did you think, as she did, that she was about to die?
I thought she was crazy. Part of me wanted to believe that she just wanted to have another moment of recklessness, but there was part of me that saw her as trying to escape her problems, in the wrong fashion. I thought of the people who would be devastated if she was hurt. I was afraid that Edward may return to find her dead or injured permanently. I was afraid for her. But I didn't think she was about to die or anything.
It is not length of life, but depth of life---Ralph Waldo Emerson
Banner by emaleth @ Vesparium
aimee_xbella
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by aimee_xbella »

I was definitely more afraid for Bella when she was hunted by James, I don't know why, but I knew nothing serious was going to happen to her in New Moon because it focused more on Bella and Edward than Bella and Victoria. Plus, now Bella has the werewolves too so I thought she was pretty safe.

I thought that he was being too hard on himself. I mean compared to the evil vampires, I thought that Jacob and the werewolves were pretty safe for Bella because at least all they want to do it protect people and not to hunt them down and drink their blood. I only say that for the evil vampires, I love the Cullens :D

He was very angry, he couldn't stand the fact that another vampire had hurt her.

I thought it wasn't good nor bad because I didn't think that the werewolves and the vampires were ever going to have an open war where they could use that information against each other, but I think it was good the fact that she trusted him enough for that. But in another sense, I don't know if it was her secret to tell.

I was so very sad, but not surprised when she did that. I think I would have done the same thing if I were in so much pain. For the entire New Moon, I literally had tears down my eyes everytime I saw or got reminded of Edward. I didn't think she was going to die, I thought somehow Edward would come back and rescue her or she would do it herself. If I were her, I would have thought that it was worth it to jump to silence the pain and just to see Edward's face for the last time. When she said "Goodbye, I love you" I burst out into tears; it was just unbelievably emotional and sad.
KaylaMarieBlack7

Post by KaylaMarieBlack7 »

I thought that something bad might happen to Bella, like last time.

I thought he was stupid for calling himself a monster. He isnt. Not even close.

He was mad..which i would have been too. I was probably wondering how hey let that happen to her..and was probably really glad that she wasnt one of them.

It doesnt really matter. They might have found out eventually. And sometimes it helps to know that some vampires have rare abilities..incase someone who isnt friendly comes.

I did think that she was about to die. I thought that when she saw Edward that was almost like her life flashing before her eyes. All she could think about was Edward.
I ♥ Jacob Black.
Ever since New Moon. =]
Riddalyn

Post by Riddalyn »

Haha, that it might become a trend. No, I thought she'd get hurt, nearly killed, then miraculously get out of it, just like last time. She'd just be rescued under different circumstances.

I think, by all accounts, he is as much of a monster as Edward is, which is to say... not one at all. He's so good! He hunts down the bad guys, stops them from killing innocent people. If anything, Jacob is a superhero!

Oh, man, I can't even begin to imagine what was going on in his head! It must have been really hard for him to hear that Bella, his Bella, got bitten by a vampire!

I'm sure he would have found out anyway, so I thought it was okay for her to be giving out that kind of information. And, if they ever saw the Cullens again, those abilities could help them a lot.

Oh, man, I cried and cried and cried. It was such a beautiful thing, that cliff jump. The most dangerous kind of beauty is the kind you read about... the sheer serenity of drowning. Anyway, I didn't want her to jump, because a storm was coming, she was alone, and I thought she'd die.When she saw Edward in the water, I was crushed... I thought she was finally starting to let him go, at least a little... and there he was in full clarity. It wasn't fair for her. I thought she was going to die. When she said, "goodbye, I love you" I was convinced that death was her motive. She said that she didn't see her life flash before her eyes... but I think she did. She saw Edward, only Edward. I thought that was really profound, and really, really sad.
Team Jake - Because I Can Take The HEAT
Chocolatebrowneyes
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Chocolatebrowneyes »

um, she's go after her family.

I've heard that somewhere before, how come Bella can't find any normal guys... :lol: honestly that's what I thought.

He was slightly freaked, I would've been to, he;s probably wondering "Why aren't you a vampire then?"

Oh I was so mad about that, what was she doing?! I was really worried what Jacob was going to do with the info.

I thought she was going to make it... not sure how but she was going to...when she said goodbye I love you I just freaked I was like Where is he?! I was actually pretty sure that Alice would've gotten ahold of him and told him what Bella had done and he'd be right there to save her.
"Why won't you leave me alone?"
Believe me,I wanted to say. I've tried.
Oh, and also, I'm wretchedly in love with you.
Keep it light.

ImageImageImageImage
AngelYve83
Wandering Through Town

Post by AngelYve83 »

-I instantly thought Edward might have returned

-I thought about Edward and how he also felt that way

- I think he thought it was proof Bella shouldn't be around the cold ones. :lol:

-I honestly didn't see anything wrong with her giving away their abilities. I think she was already starting to give up on the fact that Edward would actually be coming back with her already in danger.

-I thought she was literally crazy by doing such a thing. I knew she wouldn't die but I just thought she was a little on the obsessive side by wanting to hear Edward's voice.
Elisabeth33

Post by Elisabeth33 »

She might get bitten again, like James did to her.

I didn't like that, it was like Edward calling himself soulless and a monster.

He was so scared. I think he was thinking shouldn't she be a vampire? How is she NOT?

No, I thought it was fine because the Cullens know all about Jake's pack, except for the part where they can bring them out of extinction.

I was worried that she was going to get seriously hurt. Yes, I did think she was going to die.
natterss707

Post by natterss707 »

I thought some huge ordeal was in store.

Typical. I thought this would come along with the changes.

I think he was shocked and afraid and I think the amount of danger that vampires bring on finally set in.

I thought she gave him WAYYY too much information and while she thought they were gone forever, if I were in her position I would have felt betrayed.

Well I knew she wasn't going to die, but I was worried and I thought Edward was going to come and save her. I was sad when I was wrong.
made by Ostentatious6277 @ Vesperarium
Credit fallingbeauty@Vesperarium for avatar.
Black Rose
Learning to Love Green

Post by Black Rose »

I thought that Victoria was going to make an appearence, thought she never did.

I knew that Jake was just saying that because there was still a chance he could loose control and kill or hurt someone. I disagreed with him of course. It wasn't like he was some blood-thisty killer.

One of the terms on the treaty was biting a human, so it was obvious a very bad thing to the pack. He was also made that someone hurt Bella, especailly if that someone was a vampire because that has to be his worst fear.

I think that Jake would have figured it out eventually, so Bella telling him now wasn't that big of a deal because she would have ended up telling him later on. And, at the time, it wouldn't be used against the Culen's or anything.

I was scared to death, of course, but I didn't think that SM would kill off Bella. And there was another book coming so she couldn't! The whole Edward hallusination (sp?) was very sad and very hard to read without tearing up. The last line killed me.