Actor-based discussion regarding the Twilight Saga cast

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
AgentCross
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Kristen Stewart as Bella Swan

Post by AgentCross »

She's a serious actor and serious actors do their homework for roles. She might not have read the entire series but I'm sure she at least read Twilight.
"A Proud Twilight Guy"
Edward-Bella-forever
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Edward-Bella-forever »

Hmm... interesting I think, as the character Bella she's a klutz but I dont really see that in Kristen... but besides that I think it'll be ok. I mean who else would there have been? I'm pretty sure a bunch of girls, like me, would have wanted to play her instead of Kristen, seriously. I think that maybe in some ways, and jut to make my point clear, I dont hate Kristen, but I just dont think she fits into playing Bella entirely, but some of it fits, just one of the things is Kristen doesn't look like a klutz, she's balanced looking if you understand what I mean... lol I dont know. But I think maybe someone else who would have played her, which I'm sure that other girl Emily Browning, I dont know about her either. I mean, I can see that you can't have all of the same things in common with the character, and a real person playing the part though. But honestly, maybe someone else could do a better job, but I can't really judge that much, I have to see it before I judge anymore. But that's what I think...

Someone said something about Kristen acting weird in the interviews, I also see it as well. And the stuck-up part, yeah, a little bit. I guess, I dont know... lol

But like I said I dont hate Kristen, I just think maybe she wasn't the right person to play Bella, in my opinion.
"And he smiled my favorite crooked smile..."Image
Old username known as: Edward_and_Bella_forever
Heroes: "Save the cheerleader. Save the world."
Hoping for a Lion
Settled in Forks

Post by Hoping for a Lion »

ellybean wrote:I'am not sure what to think about Kristen...I think she is a really good actress, but when she is doing an interview or something she acts really wierd.... Has anyone noticed this? ha ha or is it just me?
Yeah, I have noticed. She sort of like shakes her head a lot and... yeah, it's just weird. It's made me not like her as much, a little bit. But from the trailers/clips, she seems okay. Nothing fabulous, but definitely good. But I think her performance will probably end up better than I expect.

I know a lot of people have said that they don't think she looks like Bella (which is a hard, since everyone has a different mental image of Bella), but I think she does. All in all, I don't mind her.
Team Edward
"By the way, I love you." - Bella "That's why we're here." - Edward
Save Midnight Sun!
Avie by Mayde @ Vesp
save-the-wetlands
Learning to Love Green

Post by save-the-wetlands »

She's an amazing actress. She's definately one of my favorites.
She can put so emotion into one scene. LIke the movie Speak, she could play so many emtions off her face. She was also really good in THe Messengers, which is one of my favorite movies.
She always seems to play this sullen, outcasted, quiet, loney, or troubled girl. Which is what I like about her acting, she's so serious not all preppy and "OMG I like, broke a nail." and she's not one of those atctresses who gets their face plastered all over the tabloids.
I do feel soory for, considering she's never been in a project this big. She's well known, even Stephenie had her in her list for actresses for Bella.
I don't think they could have picked a better Bella besides maybe Emily Browning. I suspect she WILL be amazing in the movie!
ImageImageImage
heartscreams
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by heartscreams »

i've seen Kristen in most of the movies she acted in. and i really love her acting skills. she's not like any other teeny actress, who are mostly worried about their looks and fame. and she definitely knows how to separate her work life and personal life. i don't blame her for being nervous and all during interviews, especially on-the-spot interviews. but at least she's not faking out, she's being herself, and she always tries her best to answer the questions as um, 'appropriate' as she could.

as for her acting, i really like her skills because it seems like she doesn't need to put on so much pressure on her characters. she brought them out naturally, yet it seems quite fascinating. and she plays really well with her emotions, it's just WOW. and that's why i think that she is perfect to play Bella, because i read somewhere that Bella is a teenage girl with an old soul and it pretty much goes the same for Kristen. of course, she's not a klutz, but that's not really a big problem, compared to other similarities that Kristen has with Bella. at least in my point of view. and yes, i agree that she may look stuck-up in certain interviews, but i guess she just doesn't wanna attract too much attention, especially from the media. and may i add on, that she chooses her roles carefully, like Rob Pattinson. i think she explained it during the Comic-Con. i would say she's in the same category as Rob, Johnny Depp, Leonardo - they choose their roles because they want it, not because someone else told them to.

i have to say, i do have a girl-crush on her :)
emy
Settled in Forks

Post by emy »

Did anyone else think that Kristen Stewart was actually quite snotty in some of her interview responses. Particularly, at the comic con forum where she was asked why she wanted to play Bella and she responded with a lot of mock silliness and fake admiration saying that she wanted it so that she could act with Rob Pattinson. She single-handedly made fun of Rob and the Twilight fan base in her mocking attitude. It seemed very rude and childish to me. There were a 6,000 screaming fans and she makes a joke about being enthralled with Rob-- like that is just oh so ridiculous and petty. Not too impressive to me. :cry:
Edward-Bella-forever
Buying a Better Raincoat

emy wrote:Did anyone else think that Kristen Stewart was actually quite snotty in some of her interview responses. Particularly, at the comic con forum where she was asked why she wanted to play Bella and she responded with a lot of mock silliness and fake admiration saying that she wanted it so that she could act with Rob Pattinson. She single-handedly made fun of Rob and the Twilight fan base in her mocking attitude. It seemed very rude and childish to me. There were a 6,000 screaming fans and she makes a joke about being enthralled with Rob-- like that is just oh so ridiculous and petty. Not too impressive to me. :cry:
Wow... I didn't get to hear everything she said at the Comic-con I only heard "Bella's a great character, and every girl who reads the books they picture themselves as her."

But about playing in the movie with Rob... like I said before in a comment on youtube, I think they had something going on during the filming of the movie. I think they like hooked up... but thats just my guess. If I was playing the part as Bella, I wouldn't do it just because I got to work with him, I mean yeah, he's hot and all, but that wouldn't be the main reason. That does seem childish to me too. And she does act weird and kind of like she's all that and really stuck up yeah, I get that. Thank you for pointing that out! :) I think I'm actually getting to the point to where I don't like her that much, as I use to, but that doesn't mean that I hate her, she's a good actress.
Last edited by Edward-Bella-forever on Sat Aug 23, 2008 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Amethyst1
Completely Dazzled!

Post by Amethyst1 »

emy wrote:Did anyone else think that Kristen Stewart was actually quite snotty in some of her interview responses. Particularly, at the comic con forum where she was asked why she wanted to play Bella and she responded with a lot of mock silliness and fake admiration saying that she wanted it so that she could act with Rob Pattinson. She single-handedly made fun of Rob and the Twilight fan base in her mocking attitude. It seemed very rude and childish to me. There were a 6,000 screaming fans and she makes a joke about being enthralled with Rob-- like that is just oh so ridiculous and petty. Not too impressive to me. :cry:
UGH!! tell me about it. and when she was like "it was on catherine's bed" i wanted to strangle her...umm, okk. maybe not that but i got so mad. don't get me wrong though, i love Kristen and i think she makes an awesome bella but she really bugs me when she's doing interviews for some reason. i was watching the borders interview with her and rob and i am just 'goshh' she seemed so arrogant to me. OK though, some of her interviews AREN'T bad, but sometimes she just bugs me but I love Kristen Stewart though, i think she's an awesome actress and is a great bella.
Edward-Bella-forever
Buying a Better Raincoat

malaz wrote:
UGH!! tell me about it. and when she was like "it was on catherine's bed" i wanted to strangle her...umm, okk. maybe not that but i got so mad.

Yeah, I get you. Lol personally now, I think I stick to my old thoughts, I honestly think someone else should be playing Bella whose actually dedicated to actually wanting to play the role not just because "Oh my god, Rob is going to be playing Edward! Oh my god! I want that role! He's so hot!" Ok, now that's not what she said, but I can picture her probably saying that. And that's just very immature. I've always thought that another person, a better person should be playing the role. She doesn't fit the Bella character. :evil:
Amethyst1
Completely Dazzled!

Post by Amethyst1 »

Edward-Bella-forever wrote: Yeah, I get you. Lol personally now, I think I stick to my old thoughts, I honestly think someone else should be playing Bella whose actually dedicated to actually wanting to play the role not just because "Oh my god, Rob is going to be playing Edward! Oh my god! I want that role! He's so hot!" Ok, now that's not what she said, but I can picture her probably saying that. And that's just very immature. I've always thought that another person, a better person should be playing the role. She doesn't fit the Bella character. :evil:
i think she did it for Rob too...
i mean, i was just re-watching the borders interview and her face when she says "...But i am glad that i did it...i am glad"
she said she wouldn't have done it but she's glad that she did.
and we all know Rob did the role of Edward for Kristen but that's another story...