Discussion of the Twilight movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
cedwardrox
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: The Twilight Movie at the box office

Post by cedwardrox »

haha Yeah, my boyfriend once made the mistake of asking me "What are you reading?" and then "Oh. What's that about?"

Now, having not read the books himself and not being a big reader either, he pretty much knows anything and everything there is to know about Twilight. haha I relate everything to Twilight all the time, and he has gotten used to it. He has seen the trailers a million times, and he knows he will be seeing the movie with me a million times while I freak out like a silly girl. lol
Yeah. I am always quoting things from Twilight and no one knows what I'm talking about. It's so funny.
What amazes me the most is that I know so many people who have never heard of the books! I'm like, "Where have you been for the past like year?!" I mentioned something about Twilight to someone and they said, "What's that?" I gave them a shocked look and they responded by saying, "I don't play video games."
"And so the lion fell in love with the lamb." (EC)
"What a stupid lamb." (BS)
"What a sick, masochistic lion." (EC)

Team Nessie. NO! Not the Loch Ness Monster!

E<3B (Team Edward)
R<3B (Team Renesmee)
knikki
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by knikki »

lag28wa wrote: Its going to be one of those movies that people are going to have to see more than once because they'll miss something the first time, just like reading the book.
I bought tickets to see it twice.. midnight showing and then again the next night with a group of friends :)
-Kristin
"..So the lion fell in love with the lamb.."
Image Image
knikki
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by knikki »

threethings wrote: Still, it's not a whole lot of money........*sigh*. Plus, i'm pretty sure ticket's are only $6.75 here in NC.
Movie ticket prices are WAY more than that up north. I live in Massachusetts and it's $10 bucks.
threethings
Phase Control Expert

Post by threethings »

knikki wrote:
threethings wrote: Still, it's not a whole lot of money........*sigh*. Plus, i'm pretty sure ticket's are only $6.75 here in NC.
Movie ticket prices are WAY more than that up north. I live in Massachusetts and it's $10 bucks.
Oh, sorry about that. We don't even go to the movies a lot cause' that's expensive to us!
■ E<3B ■ Banner Goddess ■ Taking Requests
ImageImage
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

Ryan Secrest is counting down the days on his show until Twilight comes out. So I think that pretty much translates into how many people are going to be there first weekend. A LOT!!!
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
switzgal
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Post by switzgal »

I wonder what the final numbers of pre-sale tickets were this past weekend.
I know fandango reported 51% of their sales were Twilight but I want to know across the board how it did the first weekend of ticket sales.
urcoolcarrie
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Post by urcoolcarrie »

threethings wrote:
knikki wrote:
Oh, sorry about that. We don't even go to the movies a lot cause' that's expensive to us!
psh. i'm so sorry for you guys! if we go before 7, its 5 bucks. after 7, its 8.
HR Manager of EDC::Proud Klutzer::Midnight Sun Virgin
Mrs.Cullen1710
Wandering Through Town

Post by Mrs.Cullen1710 »

Twilight will definitely break records! I can just imagine how many people are going to the midnight showing :o I'm one of them :D Got my tickets. Cant wait!!!!
threethings
Phase Control Expert

Post by threethings »

Mrs.Cullen1710 wrote:Twilight will definitely break records! I can just imagine how many people are going to the midnight showing :o I'm one of them :D Got my tickets. Cant wait!!!!
I'm not sure it will be "Titanic" big, but it will definitely be huge ( to us at least )!
■ E<3B ■ Banner Goddess ■ Taking Requests
ImageImage
shine_brighter
Settled in Forks

Post by shine_brighter »

The movie will do above critics' expectations, but I don't think it'll have a smashing weekend like other movies that reach more people. But it will easily clear its budget and I wouldn't be surprised if it grossed +$300 mil worldwide.

Opening weekend: $35 million

I figured there were around 3 million copies of "Breaking Dawn" pre-printed. So 3 mil x 8.00 (average movie ticket) makes it about $24 million. Then I added about 12 mil more because of repeat viewings.

But if it does more, it wouldn't shock me.