Discussion of the Twilight movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Venecettia
Playing the Stockmarket with Alice

Re: Worried About the Twilight Movie

Post by Venecettia »

When I first saw the clips of the film, I was very worried. But I warmed up to it after more clips came out. I just hope it will keep the main storyline. But I must say, that no matter what, I will always liek the books best.
*Bloodlust*
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by *Bloodlust* »

Nobody really knows what it is! I just don't hold high hopes for the film. Of course my friends and I will line up to see it [perhaps SEVERAL times], but I just feel that I'll be disappointed with it. It's all the little things too. Small aspects of the clips that we're shown. Little manerisms and facial expressions that just don't match up, which lead me to believe the actors and actresses aren't as "Twilightized" as they should be.

It could just be plain worry on my part and I HOPE that it is. Sometimes I'm a bit more optimistic and think the movie will be fine, just fine. *sigh* I guess we'll find out November 17. :|
WARNING: EDWARD CULLEN IS NOT EFFECTIVE BIRTH CONTROL! E<3B
xKatieCullenx
Settled in Forks

Post by xKatieCullenx »

unlikelyfan wrote:And I hope that we get to experience a lot of Bella's point of views...maybe some internal monologing would be nice.
I thought of this too, because a large part of Bella's character seems to be in her thoughts, doesn't it? But I saw a little bit of the script and they have in italics voiceovers of her thoughts in certain scenes. Yes!
G-Faerie08
Officially Bitten!

Post by G-Faerie08 »

Tamran wrote:i'm not real worried as a whole. i know that when books are made into film there are always changes. ones that we of course will notice..lol. like even in the trailers that are out. but you can tell it's going along the same lines as a whole. i think if we go in open minded we will come out in awe of it!

I don't think I am that worried either. I mean, this is a movie based upon the book which means that the movie doesn't have to follow the book word for word. So I think as long as they have the premise of the story taken care of, then there are no worries :)

I definitely agree that people should go in with an open mind and try not to have their expectations too high and try to understand that the actors are trying to do the best job that they can to make fans and other moviegoers have a nice experience.
Sarah-Lynn

Post by Sarah-Lynn »

Wow... I didn't read all the posts. I think the thing I'm most concerned about is the rating... I know that Steph wanted it to be rated PG-13. I read in the FAQ section here that they stated a rating of PG-13 or less... come on! PG????? Not that I'm looking for a love-fest on screen, but Edward and Bella's relationship is very sensual, and it plays a big part in the book. After all, their physical relationship is the whole thing, isn't it... how Edward is learning to balance his desire for her blood and still be close to her at the same time... I hope that translates well to the screen. I saw in one of Rob's interviews that he said there was only one real kiss... if that's true, then I will be upset.
Yeah, I worry about the sparkly skin, too :)
I'm not so much worried about the dialogue... well, the trailer that is out does have the same lines, just in different places. A lot of condensing had to take place, and that's ok. I feel that they have kept the most important parts.
I'm going to TRY not to get myself psyched up too much for the movie...which will be hard; the closer it gets, the more I think about it! I'd rather have low expectations and be blown away than have high expectations and be disappointed.
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

xKatieCullenx wrote:
unlikelyfan wrote:And I hope that we get to experience a lot of Bella's point of views...maybe some internal monologing would be nice.
I thought of this too, because a large part of Bella's character seems to be in her thoughts, doesn't it? But I saw a little bit of the script and they have in italics voiceovers of her thoughts in certain scenes. Yes!
How did you see the script? How? So jealous!!
And I'm actually worried it might be too sensual, in the case that in Twilight Edward kissed Bella in a very chaste way. And I saw in the San Diego Union Tribune an article on comic-con and they said that Rob got a bit too passionate in the kissing and fell off the bed. :lol: But after the funniness of it, it got me worried. That stuff should be saved for like, the end of NM. I really wanted their kisses to be like in a Walk to Remember, the first time Landon kissed Jaime. Very sweet and innocent. Not hot and heavy-that can wait for later movies *crosses fingers*.
But there's been no final cut of it yet, so I have hope it will all be fine.
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
stef
Settled in Forks

Post by stef »

i'm not worried about twilight im positive it will be great, im just worried BD will not be made into a movie..
samajama
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by samajama »

im worried about several things. honestly, i think im probably overreacting, but whatever. =) anyway..there are a few little things that are bugging me.
every synopsis i've read says bella is sent to forks which is not true, she decided to go. not a big deal, i suppose.
another thing (which is also inconsistent in the series), edward did NOT kill james. edward pulled james off of bella and emmett and jasper
page 461:
He was instantly anxious. "Bella, what's wrong?"
"What happened to James?"
"After I pulled him off you, Emmett and Jasper took care of him." There was a fierce not of regret in his voice.
seeee? so that always bothered me, lol. anyway..........
another thing is edward and bella are tlaking in the forest (movie) when in the book, theyre in his volvo. not big, but it bothered me. lol (im weird like that)
but the HUGE thing im worried about is that i think theyre combining some of New Moon in the movie..... because i was watching an interview of taylor (jacob) and they were talking about his werewolf-ness. and i was completely thown off because i was positive that he didnt become a werewolf until the next book. i was so freaked that i reread twilight last night and sure enough, i was right... so idk what theyre doing but they better be making the rest of the movies...... ahhhhhhhh!
Team Edward Bringing sexy back since 1901. I'm on the ListV2 Sammy Whammy
Team "Screw you freaks; I want Ben!"...........Randomness Resident
LOVE MY TWINNIES: Mary and Shel <3
pshdsy
Settled in Forks

Post by pshdsy »

i'm worried. all my friends know i love the series, and once they see the movie i'm afraid they'll think i'm weird. the book is so magical and perfect inside your head, but once it's out for everyone to see i'm afraid i won't feel the same way about it. i mean, i think rob looks perfect for Edward ("Now are you afraid?" scene, anyone? *faints*), but i'm terrified the movie will come out horribly cheesy.

i'll go watch it at midnight, of course, but i'm still terrified. what if it's butchered up?

and another thing. i DO NOT want them to continue making movies. i think Twilight will be enough. New Moon is too emotional for a movie without it being brutally murdered by Hollywood. i love it in all its sadness and emotions, but the screenwriter will try to make it more action-y than necessary. Eclipse would be an alright movie, but i still think i would love it more in written form. and Breaking Dawn... although i love the book from beginning to end, i do NOT like the idea of it being a movie. it's too weird, has too many twists, and would be confusing to no end. cutting it in half sounds really dumb. who wants to just stop when Bella almost dies? sure, we know how it ends, but still.. ugh.

if they keep making movies, i hope they will only do New Moon and Eclipse. at the end of Eclipse they could just show the wedding, Edward turning her, and a glimpse of her Newborn eyes. i love Renesmee, and you can attack me if you want, but the idea of her in a movie sounds completely stupid. she should only be in the books where the readers can fall in love with her.
Image Image
Twilighter since April, 2006 :D
Tamran
Settled in Forks

Post by Tamran »

samajama wrote:im worried about several things. honestly, i think im probably overreacting, but whatever. =) anyway..there are a few little things that are bugging me.
every synopsis i've read says bella is sent to forks which is not true, she decided to go. not a big deal, i suppose.
another thing (which is also inconsistent in the series), edward did NOT kill james. edward pulled james off of bella and emmett and jasper
page 461:
He was instantly anxious. "Bella, what's wrong?"
"What happened to James?"
"After I pulled him off you, Emmett and Jasper took care of him." There was a fierce not of regret in his voice.
seeee? so that always bothered me, lol. anyway..........
another thing is edward and bella are tlaking in the forest (movie) when in the book, theyre in his volvo. not big, but it bothered me. lol (im weird like that)
but the HUGE thing im worried about is that i think theyre combining some of New Moon in the movie..... because i was watching an interview of taylor (jacob) and they were talking about his werewolf-ness. and i was completely thown off because i was positive that he didnt become a werewolf until the next book. i was so freaked that i reread twilight last night and sure enough, i was right... so idk what theyre doing but they better be making the rest of the movies...... ahhhhhhhh!

don't be worried..lol. when books are made into a movie they change things around some. they always do. i know how you feel about the part in the car. i thought wait that isn't what happened..lol. but i have read the script (i hope it's real..lol..seems to be by looking at the trailer) and trust me it will all make sense..lol. they have to configure things to work from a 500 page book to say a 2 hour movie.

i don't see or have read anything about jacob turning in the movie. he of course has the beach scene we've all seen interviews on that..lol. there is i think a truck scene, i heard him talk about that in an interview. the script had nothing of turning tho.

ya know the edward killing james part.. that doesn't bother me for some reason. i like how they made it as edward did it in the movie. it makes the love story part and "him" keeping her safe a little better for me.

i think it's going to be great. but we have to have open minds about things. they do tend to turn things around some. but it seems they are so totally keeping with the book. even tho some things aren't in the right place.

i'm with you tho. i hope they make all the books into movies. was reading on another group how people are saying this is the next big thing. with harry potter just about to be over and so many other things that have already come to an end. i'm so excited about the movie i can't stand it! lol i'll be going by myself to see it im' sure. as none of my pals here will give it a chance. they are too normal for me i think..lol or can't see the love for a great love story...lol or vampires.. who knows?! their lose my gain!