Relish the Dogpound--Jacob lovers unite

Things having to do with Twilight that are related to the book: fanfic, rpg, products, websites, book clubs, etc.

Moderators: Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Juliana<3Jake
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Relish the Dogpound--Jacob lovers unite

Post by Juliana<3Jake »

break4jake wrote:Um.....hi! I haven't been here before, but i absolutely adore jacob, so i thought I'd check it out.
Well you came to the right place. Full of Jakey goodness! :]

btw... Cinderella/BellaBeau I changed my name on the new forums so I was wondering if you could change it on the RDP list.. I'm #135 J&E_twilight...
J<3B
CastMeNotAway
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by CastMeNotAway »

So I figured you ladies would appreciate this...

When my friends and I went to the Breaking Dawn release party at Borders, we made themed t-shirts together.

Everyone's said "Real Men..." on the front and then something twilight-y on the back. My friends had... "Sparkle", "Don't Bark, They Bite" (<<This friend hates Jacob :( We bicker a lot :lol: ),and "Are like Mike Newton, but who wants a Real Man?"

And mine was like this...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v34/B ... 080120.jpg

:lol: :lol: :lol: I had a bunch of girls wearing Jacob-related shirts run up to me and give me high-fives all night.
Sig by me, icon by wwonder at LJ ~ 9/11/07 & 11/15/08 <3 ~ Official "Innocent Bystander" of the Robnapping Crew!
Cinderella85
Wandering Through Town

Post by Cinderella85 »

CastMeNotAway, that t-shirt is wicked!!! I'd have been high-fiving you, too!
Go Team Jake! :D
Juliana<3Jake wrote:btw... Cinderella/BellaBeau I changed my name on the new forums so I was wondering if you could change it on the RDP list.. I'm #135 J&E_twilight...
I can't really edit it now, it's Pel's post, and I don't want to bother her seeing as she's just had to fix the entire forum. (and the list is way too long to paste again)
Plus I was behind in adding names anyways.

We know you're a member :D
Love Jacob? Join the RDP!
Juliana<3Jake

Post by Juliana<3Jake »

CastMeNotAway wrote:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v34/B ... 080120.jpg

:lol: :lol: :lol: I had a bunch of girls wearing Jacob-related shirts run up to me and give me high-fives all night.
That is awesome!!!!!
Now why can't the Hot Topic shirt say that?
haha.

By the way I feel stupid! I didn't realize it was Pel's post.. Well thanks anywayz!
J<3B
gypsyeyes
Wandering Through Town

Post by gypsyeyes »

CastMeNotAway wrote: And mine was like this...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v34/B ... 080120.jpg
That shirt is wicked cool! Now I feel guilty because I made a shirt too for the Breaking Dawn party I went too. But mine didn't have a jacob quote on it cause all my favourites were really long and I couldn't be bothered to make them into a stencil Bad bad me.
Anyways you're awesome.
So jelaous of you americans and hot topic shirts though. I wish we had a store like that here.
Juliana<3Jake

Post by Juliana<3Jake »

Jopic anyone?
I can't think of a good one..

Maybe on the part where he becomes an Alpha and forms a 2nd pack.

Thoughts?

That was probably my 2nd favorite part in the book. I was just ... W-O-W!
And when Seth chased him I totally fell in love with him. And finally understood Leah! Her conversations with Jake became one of the most enjoyable parts in BD for me, even though they were filled with pain, it totally deepened Jake's and especially Leah's character.

It was an amazing part. And even though he was a werewolf it was totally written in a way that I was able to relate to! Like breaking away from your comfort zone and standing up for your beliefs and what you think is wrong to become an individual (totally a cliche but those were my exact thoughts haha). I think we all strive to do that.

Plus it was totally awesome cause Jake was being all manly and strong......... and incredibly hott :twisted: .... But anywayz I was almost hoping for a Sam/Jake fight. Sam was making me like REALLY mad! When he was all "do what I say!" "you can't disobey" "you wanna fight me? bring it on" "They'll never follow you". (not exact quotes but you get the point) I mean I like Sam but like gah! I just wanted to get in there and hit him over the head with a tree or something. Like "How dare you control MY JACOB!" haha. So I was glad when Sam was like you wanna fight me Jake? I was like hellz yeah! Kick his Why are we talking about a donkey? Jake!!! But it didn't go down that way... But anywaz...

I know SMeyer doesn't write like "the moral of the story is" but I totally got a greater message from that part. It was almost inspiring. :]
J<3B
gypsyeyes
Wandering Through Town

Post by gypsyeyes »

Ooo I agree. Jacob's book was my favourite part of Breaking Dawn. I think Jacob really matured and stepped up. Gone is vute, baby, teen-angst Jake. He is now a MAN. and what a man lol. I too, wanted to beat sam into a bloody pulp, he was totally being a jerkface and overreacting. But I was so proud of Jake for standing up against him. He became an Alpha, even though he didn't want too and it was going to cause him great personal cost. And Seth is awesome too. So cute, he reminded me of a puppy........which I guess is kinda accurate lol :D I've always liked Leah so I was happy SM gave others a chance to see the real her too.
I think Jacob makes and excellent Alpha. I love how conscious he is of everyone else's oppinions and ideas, whereas Sam was all "do as I say, i'm the boss". Also, how cute was Jake when he kept checking to make sure he was doing all right? I just wanted to hug him or give him a high five or something.
Juliana<3Jake

Post by Juliana<3Jake »

gypsyeyes wrote: I've always liked Leah so I was happy SM gave others a chance to see the real her too.
I think Jacob makes and excellent Alpha. I love how conscious he is of everyone else's oppinions and ideas, whereas Sam was all "do as I say, i'm the boss". Also, how cute was Jake when he kept checking to make sure he was doing all right? I just wanted to hug him or give him a high five or something.
Yeah! Leah's story has always really interested me and it was really cool to get deeper in all that!

And Jake is so cute when he's all powerful! But he doesn't force his power on his pack. He seemed like he wanted to act all tough but you could tell that he was very compassionate towards his pack. :]

And also didn't it say other people joined his pack later on??? Quil? Embry? I forgot who..
J<3B
Cinderella85
Wandering Through Town

Post by Cinderella85 »

Juliana<3Jake wrote:And also didn't it say other people joined his pack later on??? Quil? Embry? I forgot who..
Yea, I'm pretty sure his pack ended up being Seth, Leah, Quil & Embry.

It's stated at the beginning of chapter 27 (page 526 of the Aussie book), when she's talking about Fate's loom:

I was surprised by some of the threads I got to include in my life. The werewolves, with their deep woodsy colors, were not something I'd expected; Jacob, of course, and Seth, too. But my old friends Quil and Embry became part of the fabric as they joined Jacob's pack...

I loved when Jake broke away and became Alpha. I also felt it was inevitable.
I actually shouted when he did it, it was very "YES! Go Jake!" :lol:
I felt so.. Proud :D

I admit, I wasn't a Leah fan. But BD turned that right around, Leah is wicked :D
I liked hers and Jake's cute teasing of Seth, very sibling like.
Love Jacob? Join the RDP!
Krys [Team Werewolf]
Settled in Forks

Post by Krys [Team Werewolf] »

I loved that Jacob got a whole book to say things from his point of view.
And his titles? Can anyone say hilarious?
I swear it was awesome.<3

My favorite part was when Jake became Alpha.
I was like: "Shyeah! Jake's top dog!" Pun slightly intended.
And I grew to love both of the Clearwaters even more. <3
Poor Leah.
I want her to get a happy ending. =(

Favorite Jake line?
Hmmm....I can't really remember. I wrote a whole bunch down for my myspace
but then I took it down.
The only ones I can remember are:

"Ephraim Black's son was not born to follow Levi Uley's" or something like that.
And "Real? So does that make me imaginary?". Jake made me giggle a whole lot through his book. :D

EDIT;
I'd like to be added to the list, please? =)