Braces

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Pel
Keeper of the Scepter of Doom

Braces

Post by Pel »

Braces! I hope there isnt a thread on this because I couldnt find it. I had braces and Im so glad I did even if I didnt enjoy it at the time. But My teeth are straight and I smile alot more. So for everyone who had braces, has braces or is getting braces this is a place to talk about all our stories concerning the metal adhered to our teeth for amounts of time that seemed like eternity.

And while we're at it lets talk about the Dentist...my mom loves the dentist(she loves the metal and cleaning and*shivers)and I dread going every time. That swirling cleaning thing that polishes is the thing I hate the most now that I am done with my flouride treatmenst.
y3nd0
Who Needs Spell Check When You Have Me?

Re: Braces

Post by y3nd0 »

I am getting braces soon! :(

I am not too excited because I have to have two of my top pre-molars extracted to make room for my teeth since they're overcrowded. And I'm not too hyped up about the 2 years I have to have them on for, or the pain from the tightening wires, or the cuts I could possibly get from the wires, or the 6 months of retainer 24/7, or the two years of nighttime retainers, or the $5000 I am going to spend on them, or my monthly dental checkups, or the braces themselves. O_O

But I do want a pretty smile! :D
HOORAH FOR DODOBIRDS!
xhopeonaropex
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by xhopeonaropex »

I've had braces for 7 months now.
HAte them!!!!!!!!!1
I've lost around 15 pounds since. Half of that ebcause of braces and the other half for other reasons.
I can't wait till they're off. The put cement on my molars so it's no fun at all.. I can't chew half the time and the other half I have food stuck in my teeth and in my braces. Did I mention it's a pain in the posteriors???
I'm counting the weeks till this torture is over!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11 :(

Hope <3
tinuviel2006
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by tinuviel2006 »

I wore braces for almost 5 years when I was a kid, and I really liked it, as strange as it may sound. I'm really happy about my teeth now.
~xStRaWbErRyx~
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by ~xStRaWbErRyx~ »

I used to wear braces, and after having worn them for 18 months, the day I got them off was one of the best days of my life!
I used to hate smiling with my braces, but now I have nice straight teeth :)
xXBeSafeXx
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by xXBeSafeXx »

I used to have braces. Once they were off, I was happy, but I couldn't eat(my food kept falling out of my mouth lol!) and my teeth looked small. I kina miss them. As soon as mine came off, all my softball friends got them on!

I stopped wearing my retainer at night because it made my jaw pop and it hurt really bad; plus it made my bite weird in the morning(especially when i brushed my teeth.) so I stopped wearing it for a little while, and then I lost it, and when I found it it didnt fit anymore. :?

So my bite isn't aligned anymore, but it's more comfortable.
Sometimes my teeth feel all out of line, and some of them moved, so my parents are really mad, but people tell me they look really straight, so whatever. My opinion is my teeth felt fine before the orthodontist messed with them, so I would be perfectly happy with my teeth if they hadn't messed them up to start with. :x
ImageImageImage
Twin--Narnia|Mafia Name--Motor Mouth Alice|EDC, Inc--Bulldozer Trainee
simple_love♫
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by simple_love♫ »

I got braces April 26, 2005 (1 month before my birthday) and got them off Sept. 14, 2006 (the same day my friend got hers on)they weren't as bad a people say. they didn't bother me at all. maybe because I was a guinea pig for a new method OSU was experimenting with. now I wear a retainer to bed. the braces really paid off
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノKitty.
emmett_<3
Learning to Love Green

Post by emmett_<3 »

I got my braces last Monday. I hate it. :[[[
"The piercing, heartbroken howling grew fainter and then disappeared entirely." <3

"Could a dead, frozen heart break? It felt like mine would." -MS
virginiax7
Learning to Love Green

Post by virginiax7 »

I got my braces on in Jan. of...2007 and according to my dentist, I should be getting them off really soon, so I'm excited! Then again, he's been saying that for a few months now, ha ha, so we'll see. My teeth really weren't that bad before, but I'm excited to get them off. I just hope that I'll only have to wear a retainer at night!

emmett_<3: Aw, I'm sorry! I know how not fun that is. It will get better though, I promise, and it will be worth it in the end! :D
Alanna
Settled in Forks

Post by Alanna »

7 years of braces was the death of the enamel on my teeth. I had a cross-bite that took forever to fix, and the sad thing is that they didn't even finish alligning my top and bottom teeth so the centers lined up because they were so damaged from only getting a little break between all of that where i had a wear a retainer all the time anyways. My teeth don't really look like I had braces anymore because they never gave me retainers that fit me or would stay in despite my many trips back to request new ones. After a bit over 4 years of having them off, I'm looking into invisalign to pull my teeth back together.