Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
Bronze Haired Girl
Human History Archivist
Location: Driving through the Tennessee mountains with Emmett

Charlie Swan

Post by Bronze Haired Girl »

This is the place to discuss all the things you've wondered about our favorite chief of police, Charlie.

Please remember the Discussion Guidelines. Posts will be edited or deleted as needed at the moderators' discretion without warning.
Banner by urcoolcarrie
whenitrains
Settled in Forks

Re: Charlie Swan

Post by whenitrains »

Okay is i have a question about charlei in breaking dawn.
What did the Cullens and Bella tell Charlie about what they all are?
AgentCross
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by AgentCross »

They didn't. Jacob phased in front of him and then told him that he didn't live in the world he thought it did. Then Charlie was like.. just tell me what I need to know. They didn't say anything about Vampire... just that Bella looked more like Esme now then Rene and that it was necessary.
"A Proud Twilight Guy"
whenitrains
Settled in Forks

Post by whenitrains »

Thanks but im still kind of confused. Okay you read the part where Charlie came over to the Cullens, so Charlie just understands that Bella is different than her normal self?

But then won`t he see that she isn`t aging or anything?

Oh okay Charlie knows Bella is different but he doesn`t know she is a vampire. Ohhh so thats why they make her act human again.

ohh if i have it right thanks soo much :D
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by holdingoutforjacob »

charlie knows something funky is happening, but he doesn't know any details and he doesn't WANT to know. what jacob did was actually very smart. charlie, i'm sure, will notice that they are all not aging, but it won't alarm him or cause him to be suspicious or anything, he'll just take it as part of the funkiness. if he wants to know, he'll ask. he's going on a need-to-know basis.

does that help?

death cannot stop true love, it can only delay it for a while...
Edward-Bella-forever
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Edward-Bella-forever »

Charlie, the old stubborn type dad. The stubborness, where Bella had got it from, yeah, that's right, from Charlie. A great stubborn loving dad... lol
"And he smiled my favorite crooked smile..."Image
Old username known as: Edward_and_Bella_forever
Heroes: "Save the cheerleader. Save the world."
whenitrains
Settled in Forks

Post by whenitrains »

holdingoutforjacob wrote:charlie knows something funky is happening, but he doesn't know any details and he doesn't WANT to know. what jacob did was actually very smart. charlie, i'm sure, will notice that they are all not aging, but it won't alarm him or cause him to be suspicious or anything, he'll just take it as part of the funkiness. if he wants to know, he'll ask. he's going on a need-to-know basis.

does that help?

Thanks a lot that helps. :D
spookybell
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by spookybell »

I am glad I found somewhere that I could share my opinion.

I ended up liking Charlie sometime in Breaking Dawn but I found him to be a very booring, very flat character. I think that it all started with Bella calling him Charlie instead of Dad. That was weird for me. I had trouble connecting to Charlie as Bella's dad and as a believable character.

Just my opinion.
Sometimes I am not satisfied with my signature!
y3nd0
Who Needs Spell Check When You Have Me?

Post by y3nd0 »

spookybell wrote:I am glad I found somewhere that I could share my opinion.

I ended up liking Charlie sometime in Breaking Dawn but I found him to be a very booring, very flat character. I think that it all started with Bella calling him Charlie instead of Dad. That was weird for me. I had trouble connecting to Charlie as Bella's dad and as a believable character.

Just my opinion.
I agree with you. I do believe that Charlie was a very flat character, which was to be expected. After all, he is a (very) minor character, much like Renee. The whole "Charlie" thing didn't bother me one bit, but for most of the series, Charlie was just someone on the side that gave minor boundaries to Edward and Bella's relationship.

However, I did like it when he turned beet red. :D
HOORAH FOR DODOBIRDS!
bella fiori
Wandering Through Town

Post by bella fiori »

Did anyone else think that Charlie was a bit, um, neglectful? As a parent, I thought he was pretty unconcerned. I know he had a tendency to not want to know details, but he didn't seem very involved regardless. Or maybe I'm judging him too harshly. Thoughts?