Discussion of the Twilight movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Garrett&Kate
Settled in Forks

Re: Worried About the Twilight Movie

Post by Garrett&Kate »

I'm pretty terrified how this movie will turn out. I think Robbie Pattison isn't a horrible Edward but I'm a little worried about Kristen Stewart. From the clips I've seen, her take on Bella worries me. I didn't particularly like one line when she's talking to Edward and goes, "I'm only afraid of losing you." It didn't sound right at all and I'm scared that's how it's going to be the entire move. Anyhow, to protect my fragile Twilight sensibilities, I've made myself expect the worst and not care if it's terrible. ;)
NightCreation
Wandering Through Town

Post by NightCreation »

Garrett&Kate wrote:I'm pretty terrified how this movie will turn out. I think Robbie Pattison isn't a horrible Edward but I'm a little worried about Kristen Stewart. From the clips I've seen, her take on Bella worries me. I didn't particularly like one line when she's talking to Edward and goes, "I'm only afraid of losing you." It didn't sound right at all and I'm scared that's how it's going to be the entire move. Anyhow, to protect my fragile Twilight sensibilities, I've made myself expect the worst and not care if it's terrible. ;)

Same here, but I would be bouncing off the walls ecstatic if they did it right XP
Proud Twilighter Since August 7, 2008 [just because I haven't been a fan for years like most of you, doesn't mean that I'm not as obsessed]
xlostxinxtwilightx
Settled in Forks

Post by xlostxinxtwilightx »

I'm not really worried about the movie. I just had a question that i think would be here.

Why is Victoria at prom? :?:

I saw a clip the other day and there she was and i must have missed it before because i watched it before but didn't realize that Victoria was there.
Sarah-Lynn

Post by Sarah-Lynn »

I found this link on a MySpace fan site... if you haven't seen it, get ready... at 1:51, there's a sneak-peek... I've seen several behind the scenes clips, and I think this one is my FAVE!!! I got goosebumps when Edward says, "Well, I could always make you." You can see him "unleash the full-force of his eyes" on her... *sigh*. Bella says that at one point in the book (I can't remember where exactly), and it's nice to see that on the screen. This is the only time I've heard Rob speak in an American accent, but he got the velvety-Edward part down great, I think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGsXRjO2gik

Another thing I'm worried about... I watched another behind the scenes clip yesterday, and now I can't find it... it's the prom scene... and Rachelle LeFevre is in the interview... Victoria is at the prom???? HUH!? I don't get that.
lol- I posted when you did... about Victoria.
G-Faerie08
Officially Bitten!

Post by G-Faerie08 »

Sarah-Lynn wrote:I found this link on a MySpace fan site... if you haven't seen it, get ready... at 1:51, there's a sneak-peek... I've seen several behind the scenes clips, and I think this one is my FAVE!!! I got goosebumps when Edward says, "Well, I could always make you." You can see him "unleash the full-force of his eyes" on her... *sigh*. Bella says that at one point in the book (I can't remember where exactly), and it's nice to see that on the screen. This is the only time I've heard Rob speak in an American accent, but he got the velvety-Edward part down great, I think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGsXRjO2gik

Another thing I'm worried about... I watched another behind the scenes clip yesterday, and now I can't find it... it's the prom scene... and Rachelle LeFevre is in the interview... Victoria is at the prom???? HUH!? I don't get that.
lol- I posted when you did... about Victoria.

Oh my goodness..That video almost made me freaking melt and turn into mush. It's like you wish so hard that you can reach through the screen and take Bella's place..Jeez louise..*shivers from excitment* I cannot wait to see this movie.

The only think I can say about Victoria being at prom is that the main characters I.e. Bella and Edward don't know she is there watching them..and it kind of sets up for the next movie where she is going after Bella..I dunno..just a theory.
xlostxinxtwilightx
Settled in Forks

Post by xlostxinxtwilightx »

Sarah-Lynn wrote:lol- I posted when you did... about Victoria.
Well i guess great minds think alike! haha
Tamran
Settled in Forks

Post by Tamran »

G-Faerie08 wrote:
The only think I can say about Victoria being at prom is that the main characters I.e. Bella and Edward don't know she is there watching them..and it kind of sets up for the next movie where she is going after Bella..I dunno..just a theory.[/b][/color]

exactly!

we all know or should know by now that they don't go exactly by the books. they have to turn things around some. seems the prom scene is the last scene so her being there is a watching type thing that can set up for the next movie!

i'm so happy that someone finally figured it out like i did..lol
sun
Settled in Forks

Post by sun »

Yes, I'm a bit worried about it. The chosen cast didn't match that of my imagination.
But I like the book somehow.

Here's what I thought about it. I also tried to add marketing lessons I learned from it.
Check it out
http://myfriendsunjun.blogspot.com/2008 ... movie.html
Sarah-Lynn

Post by Sarah-Lynn »

Man, I'm getting addicted to this place... I've spent so much time on here today, I'm neglecting my mountainous pile of clothes that need ironing! LOL!

I just watched the official trailer again. Rob is 21, playing a 17 year-old in Twilight. I'm a bit concerned that he'll age too much in the next few years to pass for 17. There is one point in the trailer, though. At school, Emmet says to him, "This is wrong Edward, she's not one of us," and the look on Edward's face when he's staring at Bella when Emmet says that... THAT is a 17-year old look!!! :D
bite-me
Wandering Through Town

Post by bite-me »

I'm generally feeling pretty confident about the entire thing.

If they spent a lot of time trying to get Edward sparkling in the sunlight just right then it's safe to assume they really know what they're doing.

Yes, the port angeles scene is in. I heard they left out the whole blood typing scene. I am a little upset about it... but when u look at it, nothing really important happens there does it.