Twilight Saga Q&A

Genevieve
Buying a Better Raincoat

Re: Twilight Saga Q&A

Post by Genevieve »

i dont know if someone asked this before, i cant really remember. sorry if they have, but out of curiosity, what do you think the cullens' job would be if they actually worked? besides Carlisle of course.

i think
Edward would be a composer. (quite straightforward) or maybe a doc?
Jasper... i can see him as a terrifying aloof lecturer(since hes so philosophical) whom everyone is completely afraid of, but secretly adores as well
Alice.. haha an events manager? or an owner of a cool secluded pub.
Esme.. architect i guess? or something in gardening
Rosalie hmm, car dealer. or who knows, maybe she'll run a kindergarten.
Emmett, i really dont know. he cant be an athlete for obvious reasons.
MRK
Fishing with Charlie

Post by MRK »

Edward would be a composer.
Jasper... a shrink muwahahaha
Alice.. events manager or fashion designer
Esme.. architect or interior designer
Rosalie mechanic
Emmett, A coach, or like a Extreme sports guy...
RebeccaCullen
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by RebeccaCullen »

Edward_Addict wrote:K so I have two kinda silly questions that I just thought I'd throw out there for fun :)

1.) Since vampires are basically made of stone and never age, do you think the female vamps still wear bras? I mean it's not like they need the support... :? LOL
Not sure about this. It was never in the forefront of my mind. They may just wear them out of habit.
2.) So vampires are supposed to smell good (to humans at least) as part of the allure to draw in prey. But since the Volturi and Romanians are so old and look so nasty, do you think they still smell good?? Ick
I think the Volturi has a younger vampire getting all their food for them, and the Romanians I'm not sure on. But they must still have some sort of good sent to draw the prey towards them to get a closer look.
threethings
Phase Control Expert

Post by threethings »

New question.

What do you think would of happened if Bella hadn't agreed to go play baseball, how different would they're relations play out? I just reread that part and it got me thinking, would James still find her?
■ E<3B ■ Banner Goddess ■ Taking Requests
ImageImage
foolinthemoon
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by foolinthemoon »

Wow, I thought i was the only one who asked weird questions like those.. XD

I don't think they wear bras if they don't have to, unless - out of habit - as stated above, they obviously don't need them! If i were in their position, i wouldn't own very many...

I don't know about the Volturi, thats a good question, I had the distinct idea that they would smell alot like my grandfather did when i was a child. Like musk and hard candies... I agree though, I think they'd have to smell something of alluring, in one form or another.

MRK -- Omg! Jasper as a Shrink? thats too funny! lol!

I think Rosalie would probably be an arms dealer or an assassin... She's evil to me... Even if i do adore her goofy husband.
What do you think would of happened if Bella hadn't agreed to go play baseball, how different would they're relations play out? I just reread that part and it got me thinking, would James still find her?
I'd thought of this, and i don't know that it was possible for it to play out any other way. Bella wouldn't have said no for any reason, She knew it was supposedly dangerous to be the only human around 7 vampires, but she trusted Edward to protect her at all cost, and she didn't want to be away from him. He is practically the same. He'd just introduced his family formally, and he was feeling at peace with the decisions he'd been making for the first time in awhile. He wanted to be near her as well, to know where she was, and that she wasn't in harms way. If anything, i would think the question would be what if Edward hadn't invited her? I think that would have been a bit more probable than her saying no.

But none the less... Alice already saw them coming, and they weren't sure how long they expected them to stay,

Option 1) Lets say James is careful of his thoughts, and they stay around for a bit, Maybe he's curious of Alice, and in his own sick, twisted mind, feels they are catching up. Edward is careful not to led anyone to Bella. Day by day, he comes home, to show his face, even if he does head back out later, and smells of the same human.

James, more than likely would become curious and one thing would lead to another which would pretty much not make a difference - the book would practically end the same.

Option 2) James isn't careful with his thoughts, Edward learns about his favorite sister's making and is digusted with James, the rest of the family finds out, Carlisle would probably ask them to leave and not come back, but Jasper would probably want to go after them. I find that their would still have been a fight eventually, just not centered around Bella, but revenge for what could have been Alice's death.
Midnight Sun Virgin ~ E<3B ~ Marcus doesn't seem to care that I love him... <3
maybeshescrazy
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by maybeshescrazy »

I bet they do wear bras. Just because they don't need the support doesn't mean they don't move around. :lol:
Lunna-san
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by Lunna-san »

maybeshescrazy wrote:I bet they do wear bras. Just because they don't need the support doesn't mean they don't move around. :lol:

Hahahah. You are a wicked one, arent't you? I think they do, not only because it's a habit but because I think other people would find weird - I mean the girls - if they don't. It would draw a bit of attention. Because they suppose to mixture with the other girls - whom use bras.

- Funny the question about the Volturi's scent. Maybe their scent have faded a bit. They don't hunt, so a few of the characteristics that make vampires attractive to their preys is weaker than the others. So, I think it isn't a bit scent, since Bella doesn't talk about it. But it isn't special eitheir.

About the Cullen's jobs, that's what I think:

Edward: composer.
Alice: fashion consultant, designer
Jasper: American History teacher or working in research
Esme: Designer, owner of an antique articles shop, merchand
Rosalie: Mechanic
Emmett: coach in a school
Destani
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by Destani »

Edward_Addict wrote:1.) Since vampires are basically made of stone and never age, do you think the female vamps still wear bras? I mean it's not like they need the support... :? LOL
From the way Alice and Rosalie's prom dresses were described I doubt they were wearing bras with them. I picture them sort of like celebrities (not the nasty kind) wearing bras occasionally but definitely not with their designer dresses.
Images courtesy of: http://robbuz.deviantart.com/
ilovetwilight
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by ilovetwilight »

Edward: Musician, or Piano teacher
Alice: Wedding Planner, or Fashion Designer
Jasper: Yoga Instructer, lol :lol: something calming
Rosalie: Mechanic, or Model
Emmett: Body Builder
Esme: Interior Design
Active Donor for: DBJ & Co. (Dontating Blood to Jasper!)
Jackhammer Trainee for: EDC Inc. "Let's break down some houses"
Co-Captain for EDCCS!
Brella
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Brella »

Ok on the professions:

Edward-Film Score Composer (because he is inspired by people and events)
Rosalie-maternity ward nurse
Alice-Wedding Planner
Emmet-Forest Ranger during bear season
Jasper-Profesional Military/fight scene re-enactment expert (cordinate fight scenes amd battles in movies)
Esme-House Restorer

Bras:
Selectively-and only out of habit(or to play dress up ;) )

Bella didn't go to the park- I think eventually, even if it hadn't been james, the situation would have still occured.

Semlls: I think they would have had even stronger smells, ya know like how wine gets better with age.
~Brella~
Member EDC, INC: Bulldozer Trainee
Edward prefers brunettes...Emmett likes blonds..but for Ian, the beauty of your soul is all that matters!
Skylar=My twin seperated at birth