Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
twilight1909
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Re: Edward Cullen #2

Post by twilight1909 »

^ I understand the courtesy and respect you're asking for, but I'm sure that was meant as a joke. Sometimes I think we take things too seriously on here. (Yes, you could even tell me that you hate Edward. I still love him :D )
And so the lion fell in love with the lamb… What a lucky lamb.
TEAM EDWARD: Knight in Shining Volvo
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by holdingoutforjacob »

she's said it several times now, and it's not a joke anymore. even if it is a joke, it's not funny, it's character bashing, which is explicitly not allowed. i think i was polite and courteous in my request, and i'd say the same thing if anyone said that about edward, alice, leah, billy, sam, even (gasp) rosalie.

death cannot stop true love, it can only delay it for a while...
twilight1909

Post by twilight1909 »

holdingoutforjacob wrote:she's said it several times now, and it's not a joke anymore. even if it is a joke, it's not funny, it's character bashing, which is explicitly not allowed. i think i was polite and courteous in my request, and i'd say the same thing if anyone said that about edward, alice, leah, billy, sam, even (gasp) rosalie.
He's a guy just to let you know. Yes, you were polite. Saying it more than once is not in-the-moment-sarcasm so I agree that constitutes as character bashing. Okay - no death wishes. Let's keep it light.

New discussion ideas anyone?

Side note: ONE MORE DAY!!! AHH!
http://moviesblog.mtv.com/2008/11/14/ex ... d-romance/
(I had to.)
Kachiti
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Kachiti »

holdingoutforjacob wrote:
Dark_Heart, i would never ever say that any character should just die, out of respect for the others around me and respect for SM's hard work. could you show the same courtesy and respect please? it's what keeps these forums going. thanks!

Visitor, i disagree with you sooo often, but i have such a hard time doing it, because it's difficult to come up with posts that are as coherent and intelligent as yours are! plus, i have a hard time disagreeing in general, when what you say DOES make sense usually.

bella is 100% herself with jacob. in new moon, it's true that she wasn't herself completely, but she was more with him than with anyone else certainly. after new moon, in eclipse and BD, she was completely and 100% comfortable and herself with him. she doesn't bother to hide her faults from him, the way she does with edward.

now that's not to say that their relationship is "better" in any way. just different.
No way Bella was a 100% with Jacob. She was a mess when she walk into Jacob garage. In reality she was using him. She gets Jacob to fix the bikes so she can hear Edward's voice. Yes she enjoyed being around Jacob but she was never completely honest with him. Don't get me wrong, Jacob did help Bella by saving her life. He was a good friend to her but Jacob deserved so much better then Bella in NM.
Frustrated love has been the incentive for many great works.
DumBumm
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by DumBumm »

I was wondering this the other day... Can Edward hear thoughts threw the phone, if he is talking to someone. :?:
twilight1909

Post by twilight1909 »

DumBumm wrote:I was wondering this the other day... Can Edward hear thoughts threw the phone, if he is talking to someone. :?:
No. As I posted on p. 95, read http://www.stepheniemeyer.com/pdf/nm_extras_rosalie.pdf and you can see that Edward is not able to read Rosalie's thoughts during the phone call. Also, when he called Charlie he would have realized that it was Jacob on the phone, and that the funeral was not Bella's. Sure would have saved a lot of grief though!
DumBumm
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by DumBumm »

twilight1909 wrote:
DumBumm wrote:I was wondering this the other day... Can Edward hear thoughts threw the phone, if he is talking to someone. :?:
No. As I posted on p. 95, read http://www.stepheniemeyer.com/pdf/nm_extras_rosalie.pdf and you can see that Edward is not able to read Rosalie's thoughts during the phone call. Also, when he called Charlie he would have realized that it was Jacob on the phone, and that the funeral was not Bella's. Sure would have saved a lot of grief though!

Oh, well thats a bummer! i think it would've been cool if he'd be able to... but now i feel stupid for asking the Question.... :oops:

Thanks anyway! :)
twilightroxmysox
Wandering Through Town

Post by twilightroxmysox »

It looks like this thread needs a new topic hmm... I'm listening to Bella's lullaby right now and I'm thinking playing/composing music is one of Edward's hobbies. What do you think some others are? I know that we are told some of them but I think it would be fun to imagine what other things he would love or hate and what kind of things he did in the past like the 50's or something.
thanks to lalaith913 for the image

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") This is Bunny. Paste him on your sig so he can gain control!

E<3B
Lunna-san

Post by Lunna-san »

twilightroxmysox wrote:It looks like this thread needs a new topic hmm... I'm listening to Bella's lullaby right now and I'm thinking playing/composing music is one of Edward's hobbies. What do you think some others are? I know that we are told some of them but I think it would be fun to imagine what other things he would love or hate and what kind of things he did in the past like the 50's or something.
I think it is collecting cars. Maybe it's something he shares with Rosalie. I could imagine them in front of one of the Cullen cars, trying to figure what's wrong. It could be the only moment where they actually, agree. :)
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by holdingoutforjacob »

Kachiti wrote:
holdingoutforjacob wrote:
Dark_Heart, i would never ever say that any character should just die, out of respect for the others around me and respect for SM's hard work. could you show the same courtesy and respect please? it's what keeps these forums going. thanks!

Visitor, i disagree with you sooo often, but i have such a hard time doing it, because it's difficult to come up with posts that are as coherent and intelligent as yours are! plus, i have a hard time disagreeing in general, when what you say DOES make sense usually.

bella is 100% herself with jacob. in new moon, it's true that she wasn't herself completely, but she was more with him than with anyone else certainly. after new moon, in eclipse and BD, she was completely and 100% comfortable and herself with him. she doesn't bother to hide her faults from him, the way she does with edward.

now that's not to say that their relationship is "better" in any way. just different.
No way Bella was a 100% with Jacob. She was a mess when she walk into Jacob garage. In reality she was using him. She gets Jacob to fix the bikes so she can hear Edward's voice. Yes she enjoyed being around Jacob but she was never completely honest with him. Don't get me wrong, Jacob did help Bella by saving her life. He was a good friend to her but Jacob deserved so much better then Bella in NM.
agreed, but re-read my post. i definitely said that bella was not herself with jacob IN NM, but in ECLIPSE and BD she was. and, frankly, in NM, i can't think of anyone that she was CLOSER to herself with.

death cannot stop true love, it can only delay it for a while...