EDC, Inc. : Emmett's Demolition Crew ~ Team Emmett

skylarblue
Cliff Diving with Embry

Re: EDC, Inc. : Emmett's Demolition Crew ~ Team Emmett

Post by skylarblue »

I don't think that it was SM's choice to get rid of Emmett's story but maybe her book editor. I think that maybe they thought Emmett's story wasn't as gripping as the others.

I find that sad because Emmett is one of the best character's in the whole storyline.

Thank God, they didn't want to cut out Emmett all together.

Emmett as a girl? I'm just not letting my mind go there.

Linds - I just looked at the cruise schedule and it's actually the following weekend :shock: . So, once I found that out my mind started to get to whizzing. Maybe I maybe treating myself for Christmas :twisted: Now the only thing to think about is the price of airfare from MD to TX and then the other expenses. I think I'm formulating a plan, HEE HEE :lol: !
EDC Inc~New Trainee Supervisor~Team Emmett!
Team Kellan~Proud Klutzer!
MS Virgin & Randomness Irregular!
ilovetwilight
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by ilovetwilight »

Holy Shmoly! I leave for less than 12 hours and we have 3 new members!? And I got promoted! Well, WELCOME Ambrosia, Dazzled, and twilight_fanpire! I'm Sierra or ilovetwilight :D I'm also the EDCCS Co-Captain (EDCCS stands for: Emmett's Demolition Crew Cheerleading Squad). Elise is the EDCCS Captain, whenever she gets here *taps foot impatiently* (just kidding ;) :D ) She will perform our theme cheer! In the mean time, here's a welcome cheer!

WELCOME TO E-D-C!
WHERE WE TALK ALL THINGS EMMETT-Y
YAY!! WOOOO!!!! *does flips*
WELCOME, WELCOME, WELCOME! FROM ALL OF US TO YOU!
WE HOPE YOU HAVE FUN, WORKING ON OUR CREW!!! *jumps and claps*
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

as for the question..... aha! I found it. Why do you think Emmett's story was deleted from the books? Everyone else got there story out there why wasn't Emmett's allowed to remain?
I honestly have no idea, I would have loved to hear Emmett's story. Maybe it's because all of the others stories were needed, for instance Jaspers story was needed to know about the new born vampires. Rosalie's was needed to tell why she was mad at Bella. Carlisle's was needed so we could learn about the Cullens. And I just realized that they don't have Esme's story either...
Active Donor for: DBJ & Co. (Dontating Blood to Jasper!)
Jackhammer Trainee for: EDC Inc. "Let's break down some houses"
Co-Captain for EDCCS!
skylarblue
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by skylarblue »

Just wanted to give everyone an update. After finding the member list that Carrie first posted and adding all the new members, we are up to 36 (Carrie correct me if I'm wrong).

That's alot of members and just imagine that over the past couple of days we probably gained between 5-10.

We are taking over :lol:

iLvt (Sierra) - I think Esme's story was told because she mentions to Bella if she knew how she was changed and Bella commented that Edward didn't mention it. She then starts talking about the lost baby and how she jumped off the cliff.

So I think that Emmett's was the only one not mentioned in any of the books.
cullensallovamybinda
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails
Location: Owning the candy store. Watching *drooling* over Emmetts BonBon's with Shannon!! :P yumm<3

Post by cullensallovamybinda »

ahhh shannon but in the book they did not mention the HOLE story witch i find very intreging.... and we are very OT any one goot a question.. Dazzled are you out there :)
love cam
FrontLoaderTrainee~EDC.INC lets break down some houses
The Red Jell-O Reinforcementsvs.Emmett's Undiesvs.The Cotton Candy Revolutionists Jell-O Wars of '09
KAT IS MY TWI TWIN
Pandancer
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by Pandancer »

-Envies- I'd kill to go to the Twicon! Kellan, Jackson AND Michael? Aww, man, and Ashley will even be there. She seems so sweet, too. -Sigh- Unfortunately, it's pricey, I have a fear of planes, we have too many animals to take care of ( It's hard enough driving to FL ) and if I got there by car, the Twicon would be over already. :lol: Much too far, otherwise, I would have met one my friends by now. She lives in TX and we've been talking for years now, but have never met. :/ Kinda sucks.

As for the question..

Why do you think Emmett's story was deleted from the books? Everyone else got there story out there why wasn't Emmett's allowed to remain?

I'm going to go ahead and assume it was the publisher's idea.

Well, I don't think Emmett gets enough credit, and that's one of the big problems there. Most likely, the publisher was struggling enough with fitting everything into the book without it dragging on, and her first thought was probably that Emmett isn't a very big character, so not many people would need to know his plot. It would only add up to around two pages, and it was pretty unrelated to the plot, so that was probably why they took that out instead of other scenes that could be more useful. Otherwise, it would seem out-of-place, at least to a 'professional'. Jasper isn't a huge character, but his story came into the third book and in the first two, he was so mysterious, and you kind of wonder why he had it the worst of them all when he arrived with Alice. You think, 'Shouldn't Alice be just as bad'?

So naturally, the readers get curious and want to know more about Jasper. Also, his story was long enough to take up an entire chapter, and it related to the plotline. The publisher didn't stop to think, "Why don't we know Emmett's story when we know everyone else's?"
It's the same thing with Esme. Poor girl never gets a big part in the story. I would love a book about her and Carlisle. <3

I don't know, that's just a guess, really. -Shrugs- I probably made no sense there. xD
Backhoe Trainee in EDC, Inc. : Let's break down some houses! >D
Captain Bri Devonshire in Jasper's
Army -Salutes-
LionandLamb123
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by LionandLamb123 »

Haha. We are indeed taking over :lol: We have more posts then Team Edward!
I think so because there is a Team Edward and Jacob, but Emmett is just TOO LOVEABLE NOT TO LOVE!!!

Yeah and with the TwiCon it would be to hard to get there like Bri (i hope i have your name right :) ) Said. I have a brother and sister with Autism, and they couldnt get on a plane, and planes terrify me anyway.
skylarblue
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by skylarblue »

cullensallovamybinda wrote:ahhh shannon but in the book they did not mention the HOLE story witch i find very intreging.... and we are very OT any one goot a question.. Dazzled are you out there :)
love cam
Okay, cam. You have me very confused. What are you talking about? :lol: The whole Emmett story wasn't posted as a topic, only a question that I had. We aren't posting any topics until BHG returns and we get a new thread.

Still love ya hon :D

So, as of right now anyone can post a question that they may have concerning Emmett, right?
Pandancer

Post by Pandancer »

Yeah and with the TwiCon it would be to hard to get there like Bri (i hope i have your name right :) ) Said. I have a brother and sister with Autism, and they couldnt get on a plane, and planes terrify me anyway.
You did ^_^

The thought of getting on a plane kind of makes me sick at the stomach. I always wanted to try it, but now I'm more afraid of heights then ever, so.. Go figure. :roll: There should be more than one Twicon, haha.

-Spits out soda- Oh, wow. I was just watching an interview with Kellan and Edi, and the host actually said, 'You guys seem to have great chemistry. How is that working out for you?' xD Wow, no comment.
Backhoe Trainee in EDC, Inc. : Let's break down some houses! >D
Captain Bri Devonshire in Jasper's
Army -Salutes-
LionandLamb123
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by LionandLamb123 »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZZnbomidIg
Watching this makes me love Kellan even more...if that is possible :lol: :D

Taylor: I am a lot like Jacob's human side.
Kellan: Yes, Taylor you play a human very well.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Ambrosia

Post by Ambrosia »

Emmett definitely does not get enough time in any of the books. I really wish he was written in as a bigger character. I'm sure the publishers were worried about the books starting to be too long and ruled him out as not being a main character and therefore his story not central enough to the story to take up more space. It's really too bad.. it would be nice to get to learn more about him.
Wrecking Ball Trainee of the EDC, Inc.
Emmet loves blondes!
Randomness Regular