Discussion of the Twilight movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
BrokenDreams
Wandering Through Town

Re: Twilight movie~ Who played it best?

Post by BrokenDreams »

I think that Alice and Carlisle were the best, even though everyone did a good job. Ashley Greene was perfect for Alice. She looked and sounded exactly like I thought Alice would. Peter Facinelli was just amazing as Carlisle. I can't really describe it, but he did a great job.
love_is_noise
Drag Racing With Alice and Edward

Post by love_is_noise »

i think carlisle, rosalie and angela were best.....i think jackson also did a really good job.
All though nikki didn't look like i imgined rosalie, i thought she did a really good job with the acting.......ashley didn't look how i imagined alice at all, she was a good acotor, but i didn't think she was short enough, or have a big enough role.
i think peter was perfect..enough said
thegirl who played angela..was exactly as i imagined her..just right!
Jasper's Army:Captain RuneheartThe Plan:Supreme LeaderTeam Rose
Volturi::Anastasia Team Leah::Therapist Team Esme::Interior Designer
dazzlingdynamite
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by dazzlingdynamite »

I don't really get how, even with Rob being hot and everything, anyone could seriously think he played it the best. His acting was pretty stiff and wooden half the time, and the other half totally cheesy and cringeworthy. Looks-wise he is perfect, but he had me seriously underwhelmed as Edward.

Jasper was awesome, but even though I love Jasper and Jackson, I think he needed to tone down the pained expression a little bit.

I do think Carlisle, Alice and Emmett - oh and Jackson, because he wasn't given that much to work with - all played it well. In fact most people actually did, minusing Kirsten (it's been mentioned over and over) and for me Rob (mentioned above).
Call That a Comeback?
YOU ME AT SIX
diane771
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by diane771 »

Robs- performance as Edward as a tortured, self-loathing person came through very good.
Edward obsessing over Bella did also. Unfortunately the love story was lacking in part of script.

Kristen- gave a strong performance but she didn't look as fragile as Bella, not totally absorbed into Edward that again could have been because of the script. Bella needs to come across weaker than what Kristen protrayed

Alice- Great should have gotten more lines

Jasper- The same great want more lines for him.

Emmett- I could see him as a big brother, I could picture him and hunting bears. Great job

Rosalie- Good job she had her lines right where they were need Good job Nikki

Carlistle- needed more character building love the kitchen scene!

Esme- "She was perfect for the role

Charlie - again perfect for the role
The rest of the casting was good. Just can't picture Kristen and Taylor in New Moon though. Just seems that it just doesn't fit right.
http://neverthinkningcom.ning.com/video/rules-dont-stop-me
http://neverthinkningcom.ning.com/video/i-dont-care0001
Dazzled_by.....JAMES
Settled in Forks

Post by Dazzled_by.....JAMES »

Nobody exceot me (in a previous post) seems to mention James as their favourite character and the person who played it best! Like seriously I know he was only in a tiny bit of the movie but I thought he was brilliant! Really captured the James of my imagination! Doesn't anyone agree with me! Like cmon he was BRILLIANT! :o
"And so the lion fell in love with the lamb" - Edward Cullen

"Do I dazzle you" - Edward Cullen

"You're my life now. You're the only thing it would hurt to lose" - Edward Cullen
akire
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by akire »

I thought James was convincingly sadistic and obviously I loved me some Robward & thought KStew was great as Bella.

But I would say my FAVORITE was Charlie. Billy Burke stole every scene he was in.

Image Image Image
Twilightchick79
Wandering Through Town

Post by Twilightchick79 »

I also was impressed by James in the movie. He was fantastic. I really like Billy Burkes portrayl of Charlie. He hit the character spot on from the book. I liked Alice a lot as well. She captured the spunk that the book described her having. I did like Rob as Edward only after I saw the movie a couple times. Obviously he is physically stimulating to look at but it took me a few times to look past that and see the tortured Edward. But I felt he could have done a lot more with the character... but i blame that on the screen writer and the director.
My life was like a moonless night. And then you shot across my sky like a meteor. There was brilliancy, there was beauty. When you were gone, everything went black. My eyes were blinded by the light. And there was no more reason for anything.
Aggi*
Settled in Forks

Post by Aggi* »

Twilightchick79 wrote:I did like Rob as Edward only after I saw the movie a couple times. Obviously he is physically stimulating to look at but it took me a few times to look past that and see the tortured Edward. But I felt he could have done a lot more with the character... but i blame that on the screen writer and the director.
Actually I remember an interview with him, where he said that he wanted to play Edward in another way than they told him.
So, it's really not his fault =/

Back to topic:
I really liked Billy Burke as Charlie, he played it awesome and I wait eagerly for his appearance in New Moon.
Also Ashley Greene is my perfect Alice. I'm utterly in love with her. Every time she's on the screen, there's just a huge smile on my face.

.~*Because of Edward Cullen I have unrealistic expectations in men*~.
Twilightchick79
Wandering Through Town

Post by Twilightchick79 »

Aggi* wrote:
Twilightchick79 wrote:I did like Rob as Edward only after I saw the movie a couple times. Obviously he is physically stimulating to look at but it took me a few times to look past that and see the tortured Edward. But I felt he could have done a lot more with the character... but i blame that on the screen writer and the director.
Actually I remember an interview with him, where he said that he wanted to play Edward in another way than they told him.
So, it's really not his fault =/

Back to topic:
I really liked Billy Burke as Charlie, he played it awesome and I wait eagerly for his appearance in New Moon.
Also Ashley Greene is my perfect Alice. I'm utterly in love with her. Every time she's on the screen, there's just a huge smile on my face.
I did not know that. Thanks for teaching me something :D I also had a smile on my face in regards to Alice. So spunky and just adorable. LOVE IT...

On a side note, your comment "Because of Edward Cullen I have unrealistic expectations in men"... Amen to that. I am forever ruined. :lol:
My life was like a moonless night. And then you shot across my sky like a meteor. There was brilliancy, there was beauty. When you were gone, everything went black. My eyes were blinded by the light. And there was no more reason for anything.
twiGIRL
Settled in Forks

Post by twiGIRL »

akire wrote:I thought James was convincingly sadistic and obviously I loved me some Robward & thought KStew was great as Bella.
AGREED! hehe.. :) james really looks lethal, he fits the role perfectly.
ROB was the perfect edward! and Rachelle Lefevre is like the victoria. :D hmm..
well, all of them did great! ;)
"i'm a hopless romantic. i always dreamt of a fairy tale ending. But i don't need a knight on a white horse... i'd settle for A VAMPIRE IN A SILVER VOLVO." ;)