Name the Movie from the Quote

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
User avatar
smitten_by_twilight
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye
Posts: 444
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:56 pm
Location: Making cinnamon rolls with Edward

Re: Name the Movie from the Quote

Post by smitten_by_twilight » Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:28 pm

24601 wrote:"But you, my daughter, you will linger on in darkness and in doubt as nightfall in winter that comes without a star. Here you will dwell bound to your grief under the fading trees until all the world is changed and the long years of your life are utterly spent."
Ooh, ooh! That's Elrond to Arwen, and although I know the books better than the movies, it's gotta be Return of the King.

Let's see, something a little random:

"Speed. I am speed."
My FanFiction Page ~ Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery
Image
Proud Halfway House Cousin Sister! - Team Alice Celebrity Chef - Seeing the future since 1901

User avatar
Kate
Officially Bitten!
Posts: 1531
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:52 am
Location: Wandering in the town, holding my arm tightly around the hold in my chest…

Re: Name the Movie from the Quote

Post by Kate » Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:05 am

Cars! :)
Go check the eletric fence or something. What is it? Who are you? What do you want?
... My god, you've gotten fat. Come in. Come, come.
Image

"When Kate met Garrett, she found something she'd never found [...]. She is currently attempting monogamy for the first time in her long life." S. M. The guide p. 157

Jestak
Wrestling With Emmett
Posts: 2509
Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:06 pm

Re: Name the Movie from the Quote

Post by Jestak » Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:51 am

Go check the eletric fence or something. What is it? Who are you? What do you want?
... My god, you've gotten fat. Come in. Come, come.


That is from The Incredibles

Next:

Do you really think you can shoot all those men down before they shoot you? No, no, Mr. Josey Wales; there is such a thing in this country called justice!
Well, Mr. Carpetbagger. We got somethin' in this territory called the Missouri boat ride.
[he shoots the rope hauling the ferry across the river]
"May the hinges of friendship never rust, nor the wings of love lose a feather"--Scottish blessing

User avatar
24601
Keeper of the Lex's Sonic Screwdriver
Posts: 1353
Joined: Sun Aug 10, 2008 5:17 pm

Re: Name the Movie from the Quote

Post by 24601 » Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:10 pm

Jestak wrote: Next:

Do you really think you can shoot all those men down before they shoot you? No, no, Mr. Josey Wales; there is such a thing in this country called justice!
Well, Mr. Carpetbagger. We got somethin' in this territory called the Missouri boat ride.
[he shoots the rope hauling the ferry across the river]
The Outlaw Josey Wales

Next:

"Come a day there won't be room for naughty men like us to slip about at all. This job goes south, there well may not be another. So here is us, on the raggedy edge. Don't push me, and I won't push you."
Noli improbos sinere te conterere

Jestak
Wrestling With Emmett
Posts: 2509
Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:06 pm

Re: Name the Movie from the Quote

Post by Jestak » Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:07 pm

"Come a day there won't be room for naughty men like us to slip about at all. This job goes south, there well may not be another. So here is us, on the raggedy edge. Don't push me, and I won't push you."

That is from Serenity

Next:

Are you okay?

Peachy, Kate. The world's my oyster, except for the fact that I just rammed a wooden stake in my brother's heart because he turned into a vampire, even though I don't believe in vampires. Aside from that unfortunate business, everything's hunky-dory.
"May the hinges of friendship never rust, nor the wings of love lose a feather"--Scottish blessing

VolturiGirl
Hanging Up on Jessica
Posts: 642
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:17 pm
Location: Lexing at work.
Contact:

Re: Name the Movie from the Quote

Post by VolturiGirl » Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:05 pm

Jestak wrote:Are you okay?
Peachy, Kate. The world's my oyster, except for the fact that I just rammed a wooden stake in my brother's heart because he turned into a vampire, even though I don't believe in vampires. Aside from that unfortunate business, everything's hunky-dory.
From Dusk Til Dawn



You think that because I'm a movie star I don't have feelings. Well you're wrong. I'm an actress. I've got all of them!
Image
Banner by Tammy AZ

Aro, Caius, Marcus
The Original Godfathers

User avatar
24601
Keeper of the Lex's Sonic Screwdriver
Posts: 1353
Joined: Sun Aug 10, 2008 5:17 pm

Re: Name the Movie from the Quote

Post by 24601 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:59 am

VolturiGirl wrote:You think that because I'm a movie star I don't have feelings. Well you're wrong. I'm an actress. I've got all of them!
First Wives Club

Next:

"Sometimes I wonder about my life. I lead a small life - well, valuable, but small - and sometimes I wonder, do I do it because I like it, or because I haven't been brave? So much of what I see reminds me of something I read in a book, when shouldn't it be the other way around? I don't really want an answer. I just want to send this cosmic question out into the void."

Noli improbos sinere te conterere

Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team
Posts: 3609
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:06 pm
Location: The Land Down Under

Re: Name the Movie from the Quote

Post by Tornado » Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:16 pm

That's from You've Got Mail.

Another one:

Poor people are crazy. I'm eccentric.
Image

Jestak
Wrestling With Emmett
Posts: 2509
Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:06 pm

Re: Name the Movie from the Quote

Post by Jestak » Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:29 pm

Poor people are crazy. I'm eccentric.

That is from Speed

Next:

Miss Rhode Island, please describe your idea of a perfect date.

That's a tough one. I'd have to say April 25th. Because it's not too hot, not too cold, all you need is a light jacket.
"May the hinges of friendship never rust, nor the wings of love lose a feather"--Scottish blessing

User avatar
24601
Keeper of the Lex's Sonic Screwdriver
Posts: 1353
Joined: Sun Aug 10, 2008 5:17 pm

Re: Name the Movie from the Quote

Post by 24601 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:34 pm

Jestak wrote:
Miss Rhode Island, please describe your idea of a perfect date.

That's a tough one. I'd have to say April 25th. Because it's not too hot, not too cold, all you need is a light jacket.
Miss Congeniality

Next:

"You're always dwelling on the negative. Always what he needs, never what he wants. Always what he can't do, never what he can. What about his music? Have you heard the songs he wrote? I'll bet you didn't even know he could write songs. Well, you might be dead right about me. I'm not the ideal girl for Don. But I know one thing: neither are you! And if I'm going to tell anybody to go home, it's gonna be you, Mrs. Baker! You go home!"
Noli improbos sinere te conterere

Post Reply